Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   1661 views

Description

I'm kinda disappointed every time I filter an item by perfect roll and see an enormous amount of "near perfect" in description.
I want a perfect roll item because it looks classy and its oddly satisfying, no matter how little those +2% ED matters.

Perfect roll tags are for perfect rolls, you wouldn't sell a 4os
Flail
as a "near 5os"
Flail

Can be used to make Runewords:

I'm kinda disappointed every time I filter an item by perfect roll and see an enormous amount of "near perfect" in description.
I want a perfect roll item because it looks classy and its oddly satisfying, no matter how little those +2% ED matters.

Perfect roll tags are for perfect rolls, you wouldn't sell a 4os
Flail
as a "near 5os"
Flail

I generally sell slightly under market price. Be sure to check out my profile.

Schnorki 3164Moderator

PC
I've been annoyed by this for the longest time as well actually. Until I hovered over the tag itself.

Turns out Teeb has specifically labeled it to mean perfect or near perfect. So technically, if you're 1-2 pts off, you're fine using that tag.

Though yeah, not a fan of that lee way tbh. Kind of defeats the purpose imo.
agree. a 40 life skiller isnt even near perfect lol.

Teebling 5816Admin

Europe PC
It's annoying but there has to be a bit of leeway, which as Schnork pointed out is why it's allowed to use it for near-perfect items as well. Otherwise people would use it incorrectly and it would be even more annoying. That was my thinking around the Perfect filter.

Schnorki 3164Moderator

PC
Teebling wrote: 1 year ago
It's annoying but there has to be a bit of leeway, which as Schnork pointed out is why it's allowed to use it for near-perfect items as well. Otherwise people would use it incorrectly and it would be even more annoying. That was my thinking around the Perfect filter.
Can't help but agree with that.

In fact, I dare say that most people who use it read "perfect", go "well, it's nearly perfect so..close enough, i'll mark it as perfect!" without ever hovering over it and realizing that they are "right" in doing so, despite being "wrong".
Basing that mostly on the fact that even before the tag existed, a lot of folks advertised their trades as "perfect xyz" only to then go "just 7ED off and x of that stat missing buy stat y is perfect!".
The leeway kinda defeats the purpose of the tag though. Tags are supposed to be for buyers. The leeway makes it a tag for the seller to brag and
Attract
potential buyers with regular old imperfect items.
on the other hand without the perfect tag you would have to check every item in the list
filtering with "perfect" reduces the number of listing you have to check !?
even if there's still unperfect within the listing

I did post a Spirit
Monarch
as perfect because it's a 35% FCR and that you usually want for a Spirit shield
it's not a superior 15%ED or even a 148 def, the mana / magic absorb is not perfect either
but if you use the "perfect" tag for real perfect items I don't think it will be used quite often ?

EU, CET/DST, playing early morning and evening

Schnorki 3164Moderator

PC
klmklm27 wrote: 1 year ago
on the other hand without the perfect tag you would have to check every item in the list
filtering with "perfect" reduces the number of listing you have to check !?
even if there's still unperfect within the listing

I did post a Spirit
Monarch
it's not a superior 15%ED or even a 148 def, the mana / magic absorb is not perfect either
but if you use the "perfect" tag for real perfect items I don't think it will be used quite often ?
That's kind of a prime example though. If everyone uses the perfect tag for something as mundane and mass-available as a 35 Spirit, you will never find an actually perfect one hidden in the masses.

Something like a 1-off
Crown of Ages
, sure, that's still rare enough to leave you with a handful of listings. But a single 11-range stat (out of 4, counting base def) on one of the most common items out there? That's...pushing it.
but there was only 8 Spirit
Monarch
for ladder right now
and not sure if this is because of "perfect" tag or because we talked of it in this thread but it is sold whereas some other 35% FCR are still there ....

EU, CET/DST, playing early morning and evening
klmklm27 wrote: 1 year ago
I did post a Spirit
Monarch
I used perfect tag for a 60% ED
Steelrend
even though the added def and str rolls were not tops. Enhanced damage is the most notable affix on that item, and the value between 30% ED and 60% ED is the difference between vendorable and multiple HR.

I caught some flack for using that tag from one of the buyers, but my valuation was fair market and I got the price I had in mind off-site. It's hard enough for sellers to catch attention, and to be completely fair/objective, the tag is "Perfect roll" not "Perfect item" (or "Perfect drop"). I think it's reasonable to use when the most significant affix on a trade is perfect.

And FWIW--which I say with a genuinely heavy heart, because I really appreciate this site--if I ever get a truly perfect drop, 50/50 I will trade elsewhere; for several items the d2io buyer rates are depressed relative to fair market.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation