Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   831 views

Description

Title - SC Ladder

Was trying to trade for a Gface, offered 1
Mal
. My trader friended me and I joined his game. Some guy was already there, he thought that was me, and traded it for a
Mal
. The person who sniped my trade doesn't seem to be active in the thread for it.

The trader IS new to the site so I'll give him a pass. It's not entirely his fault. I told him as a precaution next time to ALWAYS confirm the identity of the person you're trading with. I have the guys BNet ID who sniped my trade. Still pretty pissed off right now ...

General PSA to any new traders here - PLEASE pay attention to the identity of the person you're trading with and ALWAYS trade in a private game, never public.
Description by LuckyAce

Can be used to make Runewords:

Title - SC Ladder

Was trying to trade for a Gface, offered 1
Mal
. My trader friended me and I joined his game. Some guy was already there, he thought that was me, and traded it for a
Mal
. The person who sniped my trade doesn't seem to be active in the thread for it.

The trader IS new to the site so I'll give him a pass. It's not entirely his fault. I told him as a precaution next time to ALWAYS confirm the identity of the person you're trading with. I have the guys BNet ID who sniped my trade. Still pretty pissed off right now ...

General PSA to any new traders here - PLEASE pay attention to the identity of the person you're trading with and ALWAYS trade in a private game, never public.

I always /whois, even though I keep my friends list empty except the active buyer, for this exact reason.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Just quoting the trading tips and rules here since it relates:
Sellers who create a trade thread for their item should expect other sellers to be watching their thread. It is an open market and nothing can be done about other sellers sending direct messages to people who make offers for items. Sellers are encouraged to get into a game with a player offering an item as soon as they can in order to close their deals. Along the same line, buyers are also encouraged to get into a game with the seller as soon as possible so they can close the deal before somebody else gets to it.

Though yeah, flat out pretending to be you is kind of a d*** move. Sucks to hear.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago

Though yeah, flat out pretending to be you is kind of a d*** move. Sucks to hear.
Yeah, this is the only reason why I'm ticked off tbh. I wouldn't have cared if they sniped it, but they basically pretended to be me to snipe it.

On the upside, the trader felt bad for what happened and offered me some Barb gear as compensation.

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Always private games - not to mention if the battle tag doesn't fit the message then clearly it isn't the person. People need to be more mindful common sense :)

Also, that person should have been able to see who it was when they left - did you at minimum acquire the name? If so, should contact (report) to the mods so we can reverse engineer who is lurking here.

OP
Small update: The trader found a spare Gface on a mule of his and we traded as originally agreed upon, so all is well!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation