Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
17 replies   12315 views

Description

MrLlamaSC reveals some interesting tricks to improve your load times when playing on Bnet or offline.

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
MrLlamaSC reveals some interesting tricks to improve your load times when playing on Bnet or offline.

Teebling 5832Admin

Europe PC
Here's a MP4 of the resulting load times for those that don't want to watch the full video.
Note that this is in Single Player, but there are some tips in the video about improving it for Online play too.
Blazing fast. They load even faster when returning to the same map.

Teebling 5832Admin

Europe PC
Here's online loading times as well, also super fast.

Seems the very last two points in the guide are definitely worth following. Here's the original reddit post by /u/NorthDakota.

If you really want to increase your load times ( not sure why but to each his own) then I would suggest pouring maple syrup into your pc... should really help gum up the works!

btw I think you ment Decrease load times :)
Did Llama learn about this from someone else? I like the guy in general, he seems like a good guy and all, but he doesn't ever seem to give people credit for coming up with ideas, like this one or people who came up with innovative builds in D2R, etc.

Teebling 5832Admin

Europe PC
@h4ldol yes its from a reddit post from 4 months ago, see my previous points for the link to it. Llama had the guide up on his screen at the start of the video.

OP

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
h4ldol wrote: 2 years ago
Did Llama learn about this from someone else? I like the guy in general, he seems like a good guy and all, but he doesn't ever seem to give people credit for coming up with ideas, like this one or people who came up with innovative builds in D2R, etc.
Really? I've never really seen that myself and i watch him a lot. Typically he gives a shoutout or has the guide up on his screen which will show the persons name.

As others have noted, this will likely have to be redone after each patch. Just an FYI.

Deleted User 632 0

can't blizz just add this to patch? worked perfect. and it makes the game feels so much better.
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
Really? I've never really seen that myself and i watch him a lot. Typically he gives a shoutout or has the guide up on his screen which will show the persons name.
You're probably right, I don't watch enough to really say I suppose.

Gunar 35

Amazon PC
Works like a Scintillating Small Charm Of Vita.

Best part of it (unpacking the game files) is FINALLY having all the ingame music as uncompressed flacs at my own disposal!
What's super weird is the following:
When i set the framerate
Cap
to max 8 frames loading times will become insanely long. I do this in order to reduce graphics card load during idle waiting for DC.
Anyone experienced something similar?

Gunar 35

Amazon PC
beherith wrote: 2 years ago
What's super weird is the following:
When i set the framerate
Cap
to max 8 frames loading times will become insanely long. I do this in order to reduce graphics card load during idle waiting for DC.
Anyone experienced something similar?
Yes, that is completely wanky. As a software developer myself, I don't even wanna think about how bad designed this game engine code must be.
My educated guess is, that the loading animations have a fixed number of frames. If you have to play it with 8 fps it is going to take some time.

Deleted User 632 0

My educated guess is, that the loading animations have a fixed number of frames. If you have to play it with 8 fps it is going to take some time.
mrlama says in the YouTube you should set the frame
Cap
slide to zero.
Framrate target can be set to zero. Framerat
Cap
min is 8 apparantly.

Deleted User 632 0

Framrate target can be set to zero. Framerat
Cap
min is 8 apparantly.
it's on the other side.