Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
19 replies   2312 views

Description

it looks like currently anyone can update the tracker and there are some trolls.

so how about making it something like,

it only changes when 3 people within 3 mins updating the tracker the same way?

Can be used to make Runewords:

it looks like currently anyone can update the tracker and there are some trolls.

so how about making it something like,

it only changes when 3 people within 3 mins updating the tracker the same way?
Request fulfilledby Teebling1 year agoGo to post
Should be easier for you guys to spot actual trolls now (report name is shown on the table as of 1.38 or people stuck on level 2 due to the in-game bug.

Please make sure to message them first - they might just be stuck. If you're convinced they're trolling, take a screenshot and send it my way.

Marking fulfilled.
Updates are being worked on and this idea has already been suggested so you're gonna have to just be patient.

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
There are still trolls? Thought this got fixed like four days ago when I made it registered users only.

Let me know what time you saw the troll update, and I can look at logs and start issuing bans if this is still the case.

moot11 117

Americas PC
Teebling wrote: 1 year ago
There are still trolls? Thought this got fixed like four days ago when I made it registered users only.

Let me know what time you saw the troll update, and I can look at logs and start issuing bans if this is still the case.
literally 1 minute ago for europe sc expansion. just went to 5/6

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
moot11 wrote: 1 year ago

literally 1 minute ago for europe sc expansion. just went to 5/6
Ta, 1650778788 self reference.

If you guys wouldn't mind manning the tracker for a bit while I fly back to England that'd be great.

Bans for false reports would be amazing! There's been so many times where I rushed to my PC to get on.... only to sadly find out it was a lie. I LOVE this website!! <3 <3

Spread positivity :)

Schnorki 3015Moderator

PC

Hey Teeb,

The trolls have become significantly less (like..worlds less). But there are a couple of mishaps still happening.

Some look very much like honest mistakes, just setting the wrong region to 2 or 3 when cycling through (admittedly, I've also done that once before correcting it right back after noticing my mistake).

Others seem to be intentional spreading of confusion/"baiting sales". That's setting stage to 5 (repeatedly) while it is still 4 to bait sales or setting other regions to 5 to bait folks off the actually active region. You should be able to easily identify those trolls for yesterday:

1) Americas hit 5 at about 23:44 CEST on Apr 23rd (basing that on my date stamp for my own post mentioning it in the record keeping topic). If I recall correctly, I set it to 5 myself right after it hit, just before making that post. In the hour(s) leading up to that however, someone kept setting it to 5 which we had to correct back to 4 repeatedly. That someone should go.

2) While Americas then sat at 5, waiting to hit 6, someone started changing Europe and Asia to 5 to bait people off. Europe never made it past 2 so that def. wasn't it. Asia likely never did as well though someone (isolated case with no confirmation) claimed Asia actually walked the same time as Americas. I dare say that claim was in fact based on the manipulated tracker and not an actual walk. So whomever kept moving Europe and Asia to 5 at that time should also go.

Cheers

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Jesus christ lol the tracker seems to have spawned its own metagame.

Thanks for the details Schnork will be v helpful.

Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
2) While Americas then sat at 5, waiting to hit 6, someone started changing Europe and Asia to 5 to bait people off. Europe never made it past 2 so that def. wasn't it. Asia likely never did as well though someone (isolated case with no confirmation) claimed Asia actually walked the same time as Americas. I dare say that claim was in fact based on the manipulated tracker and not an actual walk. So whomever kept moving Europe and Asia to 5 at that time should also go.
I actually changed EU by accident while trying to update NA :(

Honest mistake and couldn't even fix because I didn't know the status of EU at the time. Should add a "revert status" button for oopsies.

Schnorki 3015Moderator

PC
Also, whomever just set EU to 4 can be put on a watchlist.. :P
(corrected back to 3)
Somebody changed EU to 4/6 five minutes ago, even though it was still at 3/6. I double-checked and returned the right value.
Also, whomever just set EU to 4 can be put on a watchlist.. :P
(corrected back to 3)
Haha, we must've done it simultaneously. :D

SvM 0

Paladin Europe PC
The easy fix would be to just setup some bot that'd cycle through realms/gamemodes, run the /uberdiablo command and update the site once a few minutes instead of relying on human reports.
And no one needs to be banned for trolling :P
SvM wrote: 1 year ago
The easy fix would be to just setup some bot that'd cycle through realms/gamemodes, run the /uberdiablo command and update the site once a few minutes instead of relying on human reports.
You got an extra copy of D2R and an extra PC than can run it and stay online 24/7, paid for out of your pocket? Hook Teebling up, and I'm sure he'll be able to do the rest!

Schnorki 3015Moderator

PC
SvM wrote: 1 year ago
That would be the ideal case, naturally.
It'd possibly/probably break the ToS..but apart from that, yes. :)

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Should be easier for you guys to spot actual trolls now (report name is shown on the table as of 1.38 or people stuck on level 2 due to the in-game bug.

Please make sure to message them first - they might just be stuck. If you're convinced they're trolling, take a screenshot and send it my way.

Marking fulfilled.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Schnorki 3015Moderator

PC
Fantastic!

Schnorki 3015Moderator

PC

Marking fulfilled.
Out of curiosity, seeing how you removed guest access, who is anonymous? :)

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Should be fixed now, let me know if you see any more of these Schnork.

Schnorki 3015Moderator

PC
Should be fixed now, let me know if you see any more of these Schnork.
Will do

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...