Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   3091 views

Update on next PTR, Ladder timeframe from PezRadar (Feb 26th '22)

No data yet

Description

Blizzard wrote:
Greetings!

It has been a couple weeks and I know I’ve seen some conversation swirling about “What happened to PTR!?”

The next PTR update is on the horizon and this one as noted will be testing ladder. This is expected to launch next week. There are a few things we will be conducting in this PTR with ladder and one of those things will be season rolls and the carryover of items. We will have a few season rolls on expedited timeframes (few days) for PTR which we will be asking the community to test out. More details will be in the PTR update patch notes hitting next week.

On top of that, we are also bringing in the
Uber Diablo
changes and will be asking players to test that out as well on their end.

Lastly, the team has done some sifting through the feedback from the last couple PTR regarding some balance changes and adjustments. We have some fairly notable changes that will be present in this next PTR for the community so we are looking forward to the feedback.

As for timelines on PTR hitting live, we expect this to be the last PTR update before we finalize for launch. We will take a couple weeks after the PTR concludes to address any feedback and changes we need to apply. During this time we will also be submitting these updates for console certification across all three platforms (Xbox, PS, Switch).

As for ladder, we are anticipating launching that a week or two after 2.4 hits. Why a week or two? Because we want to ensure that we can address any issues that may arise with the launch of a large update like this to a much larger audience than PTR. Sometimes these come up and we want to ensure the integrity and competitive nature of ladder doesn’t run into any snags.

We will communicate the timing for the launch of ladder so players have ample notice on when things will kick off so people can plan ahead!

We will have more next week with the update on the 2.4 PTR! Looking forward to everyone jumping back in to the new changes and ladder testing.
Sourced from the US official forums.

So when will D2 Resurrected Ladder Season 1 go live?

If we make some assumptions based on the timings around the last PTR and the estimations made by Pez in this blue post, we can arrive at a rough date for when D2R's ladder season might go live. Here's a rough idea of what the timeline could look like:
  • 2nd March or 'next week' - New PTR server testing Ladder play,
    Diablo Clone
    mechanics, and balance changes
  • 16th March if this PTR also lasts 2 weeks - PTR testing ends
  • 30th March assuming 2 week dev sprint - Could be when a finalised 2.4 build goes live
  • 13th April after stated 2 week wait - Could be when Ladder goes live
So yeah, as a conservative estimate we'll get Ladder in mid-April.
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5832Admin

Europe PC
Blizzard wrote:
Greetings!

It has been a couple weeks and I know I’ve seen some conversation swirling about “What happened to PTR!?”

The next PTR update is on the horizon and this one as noted will be testing ladder. This is expected to launch next week. There are a few things we will be conducting in this PTR with ladder and one of those things will be season rolls and the carryover of items. We will have a few season rolls on expedited timeframes (few days) for PTR which we will be asking the community to test out. More details will be in the PTR update patch notes hitting next week.

On top of that, we are also bringing in the
Uber Diablo
changes and will be asking players to test that out as well on their end.

Lastly, the team has done some sifting through the feedback from the last couple PTR regarding some balance changes and adjustments. We have some fairly notable changes that will be present in this next PTR for the community so we are looking forward to the feedback.

As for timelines on PTR hitting live, we expect this to be the last PTR update before we finalize for launch. We will take a couple weeks after the PTR concludes to address any feedback and changes we need to apply. During this time we will also be submitting these updates for console certification across all three platforms (Xbox, PS, Switch).

As for ladder, we are anticipating launching that a week or two after 2.4 hits. Why a week or two? Because we want to ensure that we can address any issues that may arise with the launch of a large update like this to a much larger audience than PTR. Sometimes these come up and we want to ensure the integrity and competitive nature of ladder doesn’t run into any snags.

We will communicate the timing for the launch of ladder so players have ample notice on when things will kick off so people can plan ahead!

We will have more next week with the update on the 2.4 PTR! Looking forward to everyone jumping back in to the new changes and ladder testing.
Sourced from the US official forums.

So when will D2 Resurrected Ladder Season 1 go live?

If we make some assumptions based on the timings around the last PTR and the estimations made by Pez in this blue post, we can arrive at a rough date for when D2R's ladder season might go live. Here's a rough idea of what the timeline could look like:
  • 2nd March or 'next week' - New PTR server testing Ladder play,
    Diablo Clone
    mechanics, and balance changes
  • 16th March if this PTR also lasts 2 weeks - PTR testing ends
  • 30th March assuming 2 week dev sprint - Could be when a finalised 2.4 build goes live
  • 13th April after stated 2 week wait - Could be when Ladder goes live
So yeah, as a conservative estimate we'll get Ladder in mid-April.

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Well then...sell your SoJs and Annis today, before they tank next week after (likely) much cheaper trigger mechanics are announced! :D
Love seeing this game be updated. Always have the original in tact so, D2R should be a good damn time going forward. Love this damn game.
about time all the SoJ drops retain in circulation so that everyone can afford it.

it's not the best ring to wear though.

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
It is for some builds.

Either way, here's to hoping they really do just become actual normal rings and the new trigger doesn't involve them at all.
really excited about the
Uber Diablo
changes!! and they are actually making more changes.
Hey people, im a bit lost. So ladder starts around april and that means there will be a reset and my actual characters will become non ladder?
Thanks
you're charcters now ARE non ladder. but with ladder runewords. something new to d2r exclusivly. however when ladders usually reset your characters become non ladder with the items they obtained in ladder. Therefor those items which are restricted are now on non ladder.

Online mostly between the hours of 7pm to 12am EST ( US)
so NEXT ladder that would be the case i am assuming

Online mostly between the hours of 7pm to 12am EST ( US)

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
I do wonder if they're merely expanding on the previous round of balancing though or if they actually add some other needed changes.
Chat fixing obviously comes to mind.
As does a filter system for the beyond broken lobby/ability to find games.

If ever you needed proof of the last one being needed to find a viable game to join:
I mean..I guess we're all used to having to spot 293482498 baalrun games by now before finding one that isn't at least half an hour old. But closing in on 2 weeks?! That's just a whole new level of stupid.
I really think they should just roll out 2.4 first, like now, and roll out ladder when they feel like it with the new runewords.

The boredom from repeated farming didnt kill my interest in the game, but the boredom from waiting for new content did.
I have stopped playing the game a few weeks ago as a result and just waiting for the new content...

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Was this posted somewhere already? Looks like PTR ended yesterday. :D

Honestly hoping your dates are off by 3-4 weeks lol. 2.4 should go live next week and ladder should start a week after (or same time).
Blizzard wrote:
PTR 2.4 Ladder testing will conclude on 3/9 Tomorrow 10:00 AM PT. This will lead into the PTR shut down shortly after.

We would take this time to give a big thanks for all those testing, reporting, and sharing feedback throughout the PTR’s. So much of what we’ve learned during the PTR’s wouldn’t have been made possible without the community.

Please stay tuned for further updates as we get ready for our official Patch 2.4 release and Ladder launch!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...