Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
82 replies   7617 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

I feel like it's just way too late to make any tweaks to Tele besides maybe like a 1sec delay between casts. Imo it's not that Tele is broken it's just that none of the other classes have any movement skills at all or something that is remotely comparable.

Now this is just food for thought but maybe instead add cheaper ways to get Tele? Or give the movement options that exist already (not that there are many) big speed/QOL improvements?
k88lech wrote: 2 years ago
Oh, and forgot to mention about playing Solo vs playing Multiplayer.
For me personally, the main problem playing multiplayer is the shared loot. I don't want to rush to grab it first. In my day to day activities I am constantly rushing in work, family, kids... In the game I want to relax, take a sip of beer, enjoy :) So if the loot is individual, I will enjoy playing multiplayer, just to combine forces and kill the forces of evil, and everyone doing it with his own pace. But for now, I enjoy playing solo most of the time...
Yeah, totally agree. That is one of these things you have to admit at the end of enjoying the game nostalgia. But this is one of the main problems what I have and it always lead me to put the game aside. My conclusions:
- Game pushes you towards starting a Sorc (Better MF stack to build up). Not doing so make things harder to get better items.
- Game pushes you to trade. Because without it it's almost impossible to get some items unless you play 24hours/day and being very very very VERY lucky.
- Game pushes you to join parties with higher player count to raise the odds of getting rare items/runes. You are in clear disadvantage playing solo add as the odds of getting the best items is far from being reasonable.
- Game pushes you to repeat the processes over and over with almost not player skill involved.
- Game does not rewards you in the same way as you invest time on it. You could be farming for hours and getting just JUNK. Even you play for a year 24/7 maybe you never see a Death Fathom drop or
Ber
Jah
- After level 92, get higher only can be meet in a reasonable way by joining (once again) with massive parties.
- The rolls... ahgg the rolls. Even you overcome this problems you are about now to build your Last Wish Runeword (a friend of mine suffered it), and after all of your hard work and luck to afford such insane expensive cost, you roll it and you could get stats that might not give your desired Breakpoints. No second chances, No success guarantees, no trade value at all... so FUCK YOU- FUCK YOU!!!!. (Excuse me for that). It's like you save money to buy a top Tier car spent 200.000€/$ and the day you buy it and get a walk on it the car stops, does not work anymore and you cannot get your money back. I don't know how is the term in english to express the stupidity of this concept.

But all of the above could be sustainable as a whole over time if the game was fair enough to share and isolate the loot for every player or if playing solo had the same odds as higher player count with the counterpart of raising the difficult aswell.
The fact that few of us can't join to 7 other friends and keep a regular playing basis it forces you to play with another 7 unknown guys, so no sharing policy could be planned. And all in this forum we know how things are going in these parties. So I get your point about stress and frustration because if you try to get some room to play this game and after repeat the non-sense process of farming and joining with massive parties, you get stolen by your party members in the rare case of a
Ber
rune drops, this is not fun anymore, not fair, it's like I said a non-sense.
So there are some walls that cannot be broken down because the game it's not planned in the right way. (Or at least not in the sense of fairness and ROI of time).
That's why I feel the game stops for getting you reasons to go back to it after some circumstances meet.

I got Enigma after many many hours of farming, trading and so on... If I want to go to the next level with better runewords like Last Wish, you are you telling me to repeat the whoooole process to get now almost 3'5
Jah
runes when I have spent houndreds of hours and frustration in-game and outside of it to get only 1'5
Jah
?. NO, I won't.

Be back again after 20 years with this beloved game in this PC/Console generation has been great, but after some time you realize the game puts a wall between you and it that does not deserves the effort to break it down. A bit dissapointing to me.
Put cd on the inherent sorc
Teleport
if you want to, but dont touch it on the Enigma! Its way easier to get to lvl 18 sorc than to get the
Jah
and
Ber
:D
rgp151 wrote: 2 years ago
The only way you can beat Hell with a Sorc is literally by skipping like 75% of the content with
Teleport
. Otherwise, immunities will destroy you unless you team with someone or get that one specific rune weapon we all know on one specific mercenary. And good luck legitimately making Infinity on a play through, lol, it will never happen. The Sorc is made viable by an end game item that you will never be able to make until you've defeated the game and replayed it multiple times.
Ok, want to add some perspective on the matter. First, I am not a gamer, for the past 20 or so years I played some games, but most of them strategic, just when have some time, and I don't like rushing and it is a problem if I cannot cease my game whenever I want (have other work, kids, etc.) I was playing Diablo 2 back in the days, when I have no idea of builds, runes, ... I played D1 and it was incredible and D2 was the normal continuation of this experience and actually I enjoyed it a lot.
November last year I heard from a friend that D2R is launched and I was exited, since this is a great flashback from the past. Started playing solo (as I always did) and I chose Sorceress not because of
Teleport
(I like to kill every mob in the game, so actually almost didn't use it) or Hell farming (at this time didn't know what is that) etc. but because it was my favorite char back in the days.
At this point I still didn't have knowledge for class builds, best items, etc. So I started building the char on my own, pumping points to different skills which I wanted to try, pumped a lot of mana, and so on. Somewhere between the end of Normal and start of Nightmare I started having difficulties and of course began to search info in the net. Because I want to be able to kill every monster in the game, and I had no great gear I decided to have more than one damage type output, so selected to build Meteorb Sorceress. Farmed Nightmare
Andariel
also, because I needed some better gear and in fact I went through Nightmare and Hell and didn't have much trouble completing the game without high end gear (I had a luck Hell
Andariel
to drop
Shako
, and I had 2 spirits and that's all). So yeah, I didn't have super mega dmg output, but had decent
Frozen Orb
and decent
Meteor
and was able to kill every monster in hell (except one extra fast, Stone skin Dark Lord(or something) in WSK Lvl2 which I evaded with a lot of
Teleport
and if it was with CD I wouldn't have a chance).
Was it fast - no, it is slow and hard to constantly switch between cold and fire.
Was it fun - yeah, a lot, and was able to complete the game without any major problems without any great gear (I was also playing offline, so trading was not an option).
So, if you rush trough the game fast, yeah, definitely you will struggle without GG in Hell, but I don't play like that and for me this is OK.
I don't know about this. I run into so many double immune Cold/Fire mobs, I don't see how you could have "killed everything". Anyway, the point is, that the way immunities work it makes it much more efficient to team up with other players. I can only assume that the reason they put immunities in was to encourage group play.

But its kind of poor design to make it so there is a very small few really rare items that break the rules. Enigma, Infinity, Brand/Wrath, etc. D2 ends up being a very complicated puzzle, with a very few pieces that make it work, or at least work much better, and those pieces are extremely unlikely to get. Of course its all amplified by PvP, which is really what drives the need for so much farming.

But yes, you can beat D2 with a Sorceress without Infinity, but in order to do so, you need
Teleport
and you will need to skip content. At best a Sorc can use 2 elements, and there are a lot of dual immune boss pack leaders. And when a pack of cold immune archers lead by an Extra Fast Mana Burn Multishot boss comes up on you,
Teleport
is the only way out, or save and reload. It doesn't even have to be that crazy. Any Extra Fast cold immune pack is going to be pretty much unbeatable for even a MetOrb Sorc. You just have to
Teleport
away to and skip it.

But yeah, the point is that calling to remove
Teleport
would kill the Sorceress, there is no way to beat the game solo as a Sorceress without
Teleport
. And you are right, even on a cooldown it may kill the Sorceress. I guess they added Enigma to make that ability not so exclusive to try and "boost diversity", but really the Sorceress has a lot of handicaps which other chars don't have.

I guess the main point is, you can't really fix one little thing or another. "Fixing" the game would require an entire overhaul of the entire thing to the point that it would be a completely different game.

Getting rid of
Teleport
would require making it so that the Sorceress no longer needed
Teleport
, which would require eliminating or reducing immunities, getting rid of Extra Fast, etc. It would also require changing the drop rates to reduce the need for farming, because the game becomes unfarmable without
Teleport
, at least to the extent that is required today. That could actually be a good thing. And again, a big issue is PvP.

The way it is there are a small few super powerful, ultra rare items. For PvP, if you get those items its a huge advantage. If the game becomes harder to farm but those items remain equally rare, then PvP becomes more about the luck of who happened to get an powerful drop. When the game is farmable, PvP is more about time spent farming. That's not honestly healthy either. But without Enigma and such, PvP would be far less consistent in terms of gear advantage.

For me really, I like the D1 system better in terms of solo play. You didn't farm D1. I think in D2 maybe their initial thought was that by adding a lot of unique items it would make playthroughs more random, kinda like D1, which had few unique items and usually you used more of the randomly generated magic items. Honestly, I think a game like D2 would be better if they just removed unique items and runes altogether, but made Rare items more powerful.

I'd also get rid of barbarian weapon masteries and just have a single "weapon mastery" or maybe just "melee mastery" and "ranged mastery". That would make it far more possible to actually play a barb through and use what items you find.

When you look at D1 vs D2, what made D1 fun, IMO, was the fact that you kind of had to adapt to what you found. In D2, its the opposite, you have to find what you need for your rigid build. In D1, it was all about using many options available to you, like having a Warrior that could cast
Fire Wall
and
Holy Bolt
or something like that, or a Warrior that could switch to a Bow when needed. Rogue with
Energy Shield
, etc. My favorite D1 combo was often Rogue with
Fire Wall
. But anyway, the point was that it was setup to embrace the randomness of what you found. The problem with D2 is that the game overall doesn't really support that randomness, but yet the randomness is still there. That's why people end up farming so much, because you end up with builds that require specific gear.

You could be successful in D1 much better without specific gear by adapting to what you happened to find. D2 isn't really setup to have chars that are adaptable.
The only way you can beat Hell with a Sorc is literally by skipping like 75% of the content with
Teleport
. Otherwise, immunities will destroy you unless you team with someone or get that one specific rune weapon we all know on one specific mercenary. And good luck legitimately making Infinity on a play through, lol, it will never happen. The Sorc is made viable by an end game item that you will never be able to make until you've defeated the game and replayed it multiple times.
Ok, want to add some perspective on the matter. First, I am not a gamer, for the past 20 or so years I played some games, but most of them strategic, just when have some time, and I don't like rushing and it is a problem if I cannot cease my game whenever I want (have other work, kids, etc.) I was playing Diablo 2 back in the days, when I have no idea of builds, runes, ... I played D1 and it was incredible and D2 was the normal continuation of this experience and actually I enjoyed it a lot.
November last year I heard from a friend that D2R is launched and I was exited, since this is a great flashback from the past. Started playing solo (as I always did) and I chose Sorceress not because of
Teleport
(I like to kill every mob in the game, so actually almost didn't use it) or Hell farming (at this time didn't know what is that) etc. but because it was my favorite char back in the days.
At this point I still didn't have knowledge for class builds, best items, etc. So I started building the char on my own, pumping points to different skills which I wanted to try, pumped a lot of mana, and so on. Somewhere between the end of Normal and start of Nightmare I started having difficulties and of course began to search info in the net. Because I want to be able to kill every monster in the game, and I had no great gear I decided to have more than one damage type output, so selected to build Meteorb Sorceress. Farmed Nightmare
Andariel
also, because I needed some better gear and in fact I went through Nightmare and Hell and didn't have much trouble completing the game without high end gear (I had a luck Hell
Andariel
to drop
Shako
, and I had 2 spirits and that's all). So yeah, I didn't have super mega dmg output, but had decent
Frozen Orb
and decent
Meteor
and was able to kill every monster in hell (except one extra fast, Stone skin Dark Lord(or something) in WSK Lvl2 which I evaded with a lot of
Teleport
and if it was with CD I wouldn't have a chance).
Was it fast - no, it is slow and hard to constantly switch between cold and fire.
Was it fun - yeah, a lot, and was able to complete the game without any major problems without any great gear (I was also playing offline, so trading was not an option).
So, if you rush trough the game fast, yeah, definitely you will struggle without GG in Hell, but I don't play like that and for me this is OK.
I don't know about this. I run into so many double immune Cold/Fire mobs, I don't see how you could have "killed everything". Anyway, the point is, that the way immunities work it makes it much more efficient to team up with other players. I can only assume that the reason they put immunities in was to encourage group play.

But its kind of poor design to make it so there is a very small few really rare items that break the rules. Enigma, Infinity, Brand/Wrath, etc. D2 ends up being a very complicated puzzle, with a very few pieces that make it work, or at least work much better, and those pieces are extremely unlikely to get. Of course its all amplified by PvP, which is really what drives the need for so much farming.

But yes, you can beat D2 with a Sorceress without Infinity, but in order to do so, you need
Teleport
and you will need to skip content. At best a Sorc can use 2 elements, and there are a lot of dual immune boss pack leaders. And when a pack of cold immune archers lead by an Extra Fast Mana Burn Multishot boss comes up on you,
Teleport
is the only way out, or save and reload. It doesn't even have to be that crazy. Any Extra Fast cold immune pack is going to be pretty much unbeatable for even a MetOrb Sorc. You just have to
Teleport
away to and skip it.

But yeah, the point is that calling to remove
Teleport
would kill the Sorceress, there is no way to beat the game solo as a Sorceress without
Teleport
. And you are right, even on a cooldown it may kill the Sorceress. I guess they added Enigma to make that ability not so exclusive to try and "boost diversity", but really the Sorceress has a lot of handicaps which other chars don't have.

I guess the main point is, you can't really fix one little thing or another. "Fixing" the game would require an entire overhaul of the entire thing to the point that it would be a completely different game.

Getting rid of
Teleport
would require making it so that the Sorceress no longer needed
Teleport
, which would require eliminating or reducing immunities, getting rid of Extra Fast, etc. It would also require changing the drop rates to reduce the need for farming, because the game becomes unfarmable without
Teleport
, at least to the extent that is required today. That could actually be a good thing. And again, a big issue is PvP.

The way it is there are a small few super powerful, ultra rare items. For PvP, if you get those items its a huge advantage. If the game becomes harder to farm but those items remain equally rare, then PvP becomes more about the luck of who happened to get an powerful drop. When the game is farmable, PvP is more about time spent farming. That's not honestly healthy either. But without Enigma and such, PvP would be far less consistent in terms of gear advantage.

For me really, I like the D1 system better in terms of solo play. You didn't farm D1. I think in D2 maybe their initial thought was that by adding a lot of unique items it would make playthroughs more random, kinda like D1, which had few unique items and usually you used more of the randomly generated magic items. Honestly, I think a game like D2 would be better if they just removed unique items and runes altogether, but made Rare items more powerful.

I'd also get rid of barbarian weapon masteries and just have a single "weapon mastery" or maybe just "melee mastery" and "ranged mastery". That would make it far more possible to actually play a barb through and use what items you find.

When you look at D1 vs D2, what made D1 fun, IMO, was the fact that you kind of had to adapt to what you found. In D2, its the opposite, you have to find what you need for your rigid build. In D1, it was all about using many options available to you, like having a Warrior that could cast
Fire Wall
and
Holy Bolt
or something like that, or a Warrior that could switch to a Bow when needed. Rogue with
Energy Shield
, etc. My favorite D1 combo was often Rogue with
Fire Wall
. But anyway, the point was that it was setup to embrace the randomness of what you found. The problem with D2 is that the game overall doesn't really support that randomness, but yet the randomness is still there. That's why people end up farming so much, because you end up with builds that require specific gear.

You could be successful in D1 much better without specific gear by adapting to what you happened to find. D2 isn't really setup to have chars that are adaptable.
you can beat hell with a sorc without using tele.
Godefroy1099 wrote: 2 years ago
Post I video, I'd like to see it :p If you can, its torturous and involved many reloads. No matter what spec you take, there will be fast immune boss packs that are immune to your damage.

I'd pay $100 to anyone that can post a legit vid of someone soloing a Sorc untwinked through Hell without ever specing into
Teleport
. :) I can tell you now, the time spent doing it would mean that $100 you would be earning about 50 cents an hour :p
lol I did it on javazon without a problem and I had medicore gear. There is plenty of areas that are super hard for her. So I don't see any problem doing it on a sorc. Unless you're trolling or bad af at palying this game.
Post I video, I'd like to see it :p If you can, its torturous and involved many reloads. No matter what spec you take, there will be fast immune boss packs that are immune to your damage.

I'd pay $100 to anyone that can post a legit vid of someone soloing a Sorc untwinked through Hell without ever specing into
Teleport
. :) I can tell you now, the time spent doing it would mean that $100 you would be earning about 50 cents an hour :p
Regarding Cold + Fire immunities, they are not so many and the Merc came in handy with my help behind him (
Static Field
for example) -
The Countess
is such an example, I just kill everything around her and the Merc finishes her. Also if you add in the mix some creativity, in any situation you will think of some solution. And of course, nobody claims that it is without
Teleport
, just I used it in cases to save my skin, not for skipping content (of course when I was farming I used it to move faster to my goal). And yeah, it was slow, but not so slow, and it was fun :)
lol I did it on javazon without a problem and I had medicore gear. There is plenty of areas that are super hard for her. So I don't see any problem doing it on a sorc. Unless you're trolling or bad af at palying this game.
A Javazon is way more survivable than a Sorc without
Teleport
I wouldn't say way more. Yeah it will be difficult and more time consuming but nowhere near impossible as you saying. Welcomee to the world of classes without
Teleport
. But having 5 cd sec cd on the
Teleport
would still grand sorc the ability to escape and traverse terrain wothout absuing it to skip whole maps.
Dankly wrote: 2 years ago
Imo it's not that Tele is broken it's just that none of the other classes have any movement skills at all or something that is remotely comparable.
Had tele been unable to cross walls (like it cannot in
Tal Rasha's Tomb
, so you cannot skip
Duriel
fight), the gap between sorc and other classes would be much more narrow. And for the sake of completeness, other classes' movement skills:
Burst of Speed
Dragon Flight
Leap
Leap Attack
Frenzy
Increased Speed
Charge
Vigor
Feral Rage
and (2.4)
Blaze
Raymon4180 wrote: 2 years ago
But all of the above could be sustainable as a whole over time if the game was fair enough to share and isolate the loot for every player or if playing solo had the same odds as higher player count with the counterpart of raising the difficult aswell.
The fact that few of us can't join to 7 other friends and keep a regular playing basis it forces you to play with another 7 unknown guys, so no sharing policy could be planned. And all in this forum we know how things are going in these parties. So I get your point about stress and frustration because if you try to get some room to play this game and after repeat the non-sense process of farming and joining with massive parties, you get stolen by your party members in the rare case of a
Ber
rune drops, this is not fun anymore, not fair, it's like I said a non-sense.
To he honest, instead of full personal loot, even a simple "need before greed" system (like in old WoW) would be a massive upgrade. There would still be ninja looters (as are in WoW), but at least making the roll public would be a disincentive to do so. And the roll would also give some time to evaluate if I even need that item. Currently even if you want to be honest and give the item to another player if it doesn't fit your class, there is no way to do so - if you won't maniacally pick up every item dropped by boss, someone else will do it.

Deleted User 632 0

what would be the most played class at ladder start if all the classes had
Teleport
or equal mobility skill?

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC

Teleport
Do we play the same game? This sound like a hardcore Challenge without using equipment but i'm missing the hard part here. And even with
Teleport
is 100$ not worth the time, i get more money if i'm working one day.
Teleport
isn't going anywhere. I think it's a little silly to even think Blizz would consider changing this.

If they wanted to nerf the Sorceress, they would just lower her damage.
Well, if we're talking about major changes to the game to make it better, I'd probably do something like the following:

1) Eliminate all unique/set items.
2) Make random Rare items more powerful in the later game.
3) Make all Acts bosses guaranteed to drop runes, with narrow rune ranges for each boss, i.e. A1
Andariel
drops runes 1-5, A1
Duriel
drops runes 3-8, etc., etc. The number if runes dropped could be random, between one and three or something, along with other random Magic/Rare/Socketed items.
4) Make
Larzuk
give you the option of how many sockets to add to any item, up to the max for that item.

This would dramatically reduce the need for farming.

The good thing about the rune system is it allows for the dropping of consistent loot, that can then be customized based on the needs of individual characters. So by dropping runes, you provide the elements needed to make gear for any class or build, etc.

And by the time you complete a given difficulty level, you should have the runes you need to make the gear necessary to start the next level.

If you do that, then the need to farm goes way, way, way down, and thus the need to do anything about
Teleport
goes way down.

If a runeword like Infinity is going to exist, you should be able to make it by early Hell with minimal need for farming, etc. Like basically, the runes needed to make Infinity should drop from
Andariel
, and if you've saved up runes and farmed her a few times you should be able to make it before moving on, etc. The idea that you would need to defeat the whole game and run
Baal
1,000 times to make such gear is just absurd.

Edit: Actually you could just get rid of runewords altogether as well, and just make runes basically more powerful version of gems. So all you would get from the runes would be the ability to customize gear with the rune powers. In which case, I guess
Larzuk
always adding the max sockets would be fine.
Well, if we're talking about major changes to the game to make it better, I'd probably do something like the following:

If this sounds fun (which I agree with you, it definitely is.... a similar play style already exists in D2R: Pre-Expansion mode. Low level Uniques & Set items exist, but 90% of your gear in end game is all Rare items.
3) Make all Acts bosses guaranteed to drop runes, with narrow rune ranges for each boss, i.e. A1
Andariel
drops runes 1-5, A1
Duriel
drops runes 3-8, etc., etc. The number if runes dropped could be random, between one and three or something, along with other random Magic/Rare/Socketed items.

The good thing about the rune system is it allows for the dropping of consistent loot, that can then be customized based on the needs of individual characters. So by dropping runes, you provide the elements needed to make gear for any class or build, etc.

And by the time you complete a given difficulty level, you should have the runes you need to make the gear necessary to start the next level.

If you do that, then the need to farm goes way, way, way down, and thus the need to do anything about
Teleport
goes way down.

If a runeword like Infinity is going to exist, you should be able to make it by early Hell with minimal need for farming, etc. Like basically, the runes needed to make Infinity should drop from
Andariel
, and if you've saved up runes and farmed her a few times you should be able to make it before moving on, etc. The idea that you would need to defeat the whole game and run
Baal
The rest of this is crazy talk..... You are taking away the soul of the game.

This game is about treasure hunting first and foremost. That's what brings back the player base, over and over.

Easy loot gives you nothing to get excited about. Ever found a really good rune before, like
Ber
/
Jah
etc? It makes you feel like a million dollars for a little while.
One thing that gets me thinking is the rarity of valuable items. I don't really see a problem with it, because it works most of the time. But there will be a small percentage of players that find junk no matter how much they play.

Would be interested to see a mechanic that does something like "gives better chance to find an HR the longer you go without finding an HR".

I was frustrated af, playing hours a day for 2 straight weeks and found NOTHING. That should not happen. Generally I find things, but these "dry spells" almost kill the game for me. If I farm for 40 hours, I should get something valuable.

Andariel
drops runes 1-5, A1
Duriel
4) Make
Larzuk
give you the option of how many sockets to add to any item, up to the max for that item.

Teleport
goes way down.

Andariel
Baal

Edit: Actually you could just get rid of runewords altogether as well, and just make runes basically more powerful version of gems. So all you would get from the runes would be the ability to customize gear with the rune powers. In which case, I guess
Larzuk
always adding the max sockets would be fine.

Man everything you wrote is pure nonsense. You want top tier items with minimal effort. You won’t find that here. You describe wanting a game where everyone runs around with gg items after a few days, BORING. Maybe time to switch to something else if you don’t have the time or effort or patience to play for cool items? Or load a single player mod with everything you want?
The loot system in this game is the undisputed gold standard in gaming, to which all others are compared to.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...