Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
78 replies   47435 views

D2R Patch 2.4 PTR Goes Live on 1/25 (Patch Notes Included)

No data yet

Description

Description by Daeblana

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Well, at least SoJs would regain normal pricing either way. All for that.

Though yeah, with no other changes it'd be a bit silly..or an interesting social experiment. See how many folks would still vendor SoJs, knowing that even if they don't, they wouldn't miss out.
seanbizon wrote: 2 years ago
So, beside few listed niche locations, i still can't find any info of increasing monsters power. Chars are gonna be stronger, mercs too, if the monsters won't be adjusted, it seems ike the game will be too easy, and it's already too easy for OP Paladin and Sorc...im confused. Was there any info about it during live Q&A sessions etc?
I am glad somebody else have this opinion
There are actually many great changes.

I can see the developers are inspired by several d2 mods.

I look forward to try v2.4.
Is there a rough estimate on how close the actual patch is, then? (i.e. how long does it usually stay on PTR)?
does anyone knows when we'll be able to play ptr? I meant time not date ofc

rikus 126

Amazon Americas PC
not now...I wondered about that too..probably 20:00 pst or something like that..
which means in like 12 hours.. lol

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
PTR is patching!
OP
Just got a Twitter notification it is Live! Can't hop on until later today, but I'd love to see some initial thoughts here.

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Daeblana wrote: 2 years ago
Just got a Twitter notification it is Live! Can't hop on until later today, but I'd love to see some initial thoughts here.
Don't get too excited..seems it is not designed for proper endgame testing. Chars are down to 85 which isn't too bad I guess but the item selection is just..mweh. There's not even a second SoJ across all of them it seems. Let alone a decent base for anything..or any
Eth
base for that matter..or even an elite base at all for the most part.

But hey, at least you get a
Rattlecage
and a
Peasant Crown
! Wouldn't wanna miss those!

Not a single torch or anni btw. Though you do get one full set of keys..so..gl on the roll for that one torch :D
OP
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Daeblana wrote: 2 years ago
Don't get too excited..seems it is not designed for proper endgame testing. Chars are down to 85 which isn't too bad I guess but the item selection is just..mweh. There's not even a second SoJ across all of them it seems. Let alone a decent base for anything..or any
Eth
base for that matter..or even an elite base at all for the most part.

But hey, at least you get a
Rattlecage
and a
Peasant Crown
! Wouldn't wanna miss those!

Not a single torch or anni btw. Though you do get one full set of keys..so..gl on the roll for that one torch :D
Just use that
Rattlecage
to
Tal
's Armor Trade scam some people, what's the problem? :P

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Hah! Man, they went all out to make gear suck. Just noticed, the
Crown of Ages
you get...has 0 sockets! Didn't know that was even possible to create just like that.. :D

And
Anya
quest completed across all difficulties but 0 of the normal 30 res. So..more artificial gimping there.
OP
The memes write themselves don't they... I can't wait to see the funnies Reddit comes up with. A zero socket CoA, lol, what are we even doing here? Here, balance test this item that isn't possible to be this bad in the actual game.

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
It's live guys, there a number of test characters - some of them mules named 'Low level set items' and 'High level uniques' etc.

One is a Barbarian pre-made wearing full.... Cathan's Traps 0_0
+ to barb skills on cathans wasn't in the patch notes... :P
+ to barb skills on cathans wasn't in the patch notes... :P
The 'Misc Items' mule, very satisfying stash arrangement.
The 'Misc Items' mule, very satisfying stash arrangement.
Runes mule, 3 of each type.
Runes mule, 3 of each type.
Happy testing everyone :)

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
If anyone finds any exceptional ethereal unique armors, please let me know! I need a few of those for testing purposes. Doesn't matter what item specifically, any ethereal unique helmet, armor or shield of exceptional quality will do. Normal as well actually if noone finds any exceps..just no elite stuff.
Donā€™t worry guys,
Skeleton
mages are still terrible.

More seriously, I was very underwhelmed by the performance of
Fire Golem
. Granted without spending too much time on it I was only able to get it up to lvl 27. But with the change to 2 lvls of
Holy Fire
per 1 lvl of
Fire Golem
, I should have a lvl 54
Holy Fire
aura. Iā€™m not sure if that change was implemented or not. With the changes to the
Holy Fire
skill itself I thought that a high lvl
Fire Golem
would be quite powerfulā€¦. Itā€™s not.

The whole thing is kinda funky. I tried fire Druid, but with a random mish mash of gear it is difficult to tell how strong it would really be in practice. Fire Druid did seem powerful though.
Rolled a 319% ED Infinity, 35 FCR Spirit, 6/5/3 CTA on first try. God bless the PTR

If you offer what I am asking, add me on battle.net for a quicker trade. I'll see the notification instantly if I'm available.
My PTR CTA was 2/1/1. I also tried to roll HOTO in a 5 socket
Flail
ā€¦

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Boogan wrote: 2 years ago
Donā€™t worry guys,
Skeleton
mages are still terrible.

More seriously, I was very underwhelmed by the performance of
Fire Golem
. Granted without spending too much time on it I was only able to get it up to lvl 27. But with the change to 2 lvls of
Holy Fire
per 1 lvl of
Fire Golem
, I should have a lvl 54
Holy Fire
aura. Iā€™m not sure if that change was implemented or not. With the changes to the
Holy Fire
skill itself I thought that a high lvl
Fire Golem
would be quite powerfulā€¦. Itā€™s not.

The whole thing is kinda funky. I tried fire Druid, but with a random mish mash of gear it is difficult to tell how strong it would really be in practice. Fire Druid did seem powerful though.
The thing is...a
Fire Golem
may get a high-as-hell aura now but they don't have any synergies for that
Holy Fire
. So...it still sucks. A lvl 54 aura by itself really doesn't do that much. Kind of like running double Dream on something that isn't a paladin or a sorc. It just doesn't do all that much.
If I recall, the tooltip said the pulse damage was something around 150. Even unsynergized doesnā€™t that seem low at skill lvl 54?

Edit: I just looked it up and the pulse damage for the skill is just very low in general.

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Aye, pulse dmg blows. With synergies and
Conviction
its not bad but without that..ugh

On a separate note...is anyone else finding bosses ridiculously resistant to magic and immune to -res apparently?! My sorc can't even take down nightmare meph in under like 2 minutes as neither cold nor light (same spec/dmg on live takes a few seconds..). Haven't tried fire cuz I ran out of tokens :)

Edit: Not just bosses actually. Mobs live significantly longer than they should as well.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...