Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   918 views

Description

Hey All,

So was hearing recently about having to do a lot more of act 3 with the new patch for rushes.

This will make rushes a fair bit longer in the future which challenges the value of it. So I wondered if we could increase the value for the person being rushed "rushee" so they could offer more for the rush.

Note: This is for people who want rushes to level the chars fast through normal nightmare and hell, not just for
Larzuk
quest rush.
Also Note: I've never offered rushes as a service, only done a few free ones here and there on public games.

Idea is to use a
Frozen Orb
enchantress sorc build to do the rushing. With the added benefit that the sorc can
Enchant
the "rushee" and merc/summons with 2500+ fire damage so they can get good levelling experience during and after the rush.

How it might work:
Rushee would want to start at least at about level 6-7 or even higher as the first few levels are super quick and easy to get anyway. Rushee would also equip some decent defensive gear - (something like full sigons or similar on normal)
Rush would start by enchanting Rushee and merc/ summons and then proceeding to complete quests. The rusher would just telly to required location trying not to kill too much then open a tp go through and then immediately go find the next required location or waypoint. The Rushee would go to quest location and due to awesome power of
Enchant
, would complete quest very quickly and then proceed to keep killing things in a backwards direction from quest until next tp is ready from rusher. And so on and so on.

In this way Rusher is always moving quickly and so wastes minimal time. The Rushee gets good 2-Player game experience as high level rusher is not present when killing. This would be especially useful in Act 3 where the rusher might take a bit of time to find all the
Flail
quests.

So at the end of the rush, the rushee would have actually done all the killing themselves and so got a few levels along the way. As an added bonus, the rushee could start a new game or join a high player count game, and rusher would
Enchant
them again before leaving, so they could go and do 15-20 minutes of power levelling themselves. I think if you could find a game with 3-4 others and you could do tombs by yourself, you'd get alot of experience very quickly...

So keen to hear if anyone as tried this (or already offers, I could not find in services section)?

If people were offering this service, would you be willing to pay a little more for the Rush? What would you offer?

Also let me know if anyone is keen to test this system out at test Rushee?
I have just respec'd my sorc to try. (Not complete currently only level 37
Enchant
which lasts 16.6 minutes. hope to get to at least 45 sometime soon.

All free of course I'm just keen to see if it works really. I'm on some nights around this time but family comes first so no promises I'll be available. Let me know if you want to give it a whirl.

Thanks,

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey All,

So was hearing recently about having to do a lot more of act 3 with the new patch for rushes.

This will make rushes a fair bit longer in the future which challenges the value of it. So I wondered if we could increase the value for the person being rushed "rushee" so they could offer more for the rush.

Note: This is for people who want rushes to level the chars fast through normal nightmare and hell, not just for
Larzuk
quest rush.
Also Note: I've never offered rushes as a service, only done a few free ones here and there on public games.

Idea is to use a
Frozen Orb
enchantress sorc build to do the rushing. With the added benefit that the sorc can
Enchant
the "rushee" and merc/summons with 2500+ fire damage so they can get good levelling experience during and after the rush.

How it might work:
Rushee would want to start at least at about level 6-7 or even higher as the first few levels are super quick and easy to get anyway. Rushee would also equip some decent defensive gear - (something like full sigons or similar on normal)
Rush would start by enchanting Rushee and merc/ summons and then proceeding to complete quests. The rusher would just telly to required location trying not to kill too much then open a tp go through and then immediately go find the next required location or waypoint. The Rushee would go to quest location and due to awesome power of
Enchant
, would complete quest very quickly and then proceed to keep killing things in a backwards direction from quest until next tp is ready from rusher. And so on and so on.

In this way Rusher is always moving quickly and so wastes minimal time. The Rushee gets good 2-Player game experience as high level rusher is not present when killing. This would be especially useful in Act 3 where the rusher might take a bit of time to find all the
Flail
quests.

So at the end of the rush, the rushee would have actually done all the killing themselves and so got a few levels along the way. As an added bonus, the rushee could start a new game or join a high player count game, and rusher would
Enchant
them again before leaving, so they could go and do 15-20 minutes of power levelling themselves. I think if you could find a game with 3-4 others and you could do tombs by yourself, you'd get alot of experience very quickly...

So keen to hear if anyone as tried this (or already offers, I could not find in services section)?

If people were offering this service, would you be willing to pay a little more for the Rush? What would you offer?

Also let me know if anyone is keen to test this system out at test Rushee?
I have just respec'd my sorc to try. (Not complete currently only level 37
Enchant
which lasts 16.6 minutes. hope to get to at least 45 sometime soon.

All free of course I'm just keen to see if it works really. I'm on some nights around this time but family comes first so no promises I'll be available. Let me know if you want to give it a whirl.

Thanks,

Schnorki 3715Moderator

PC
Adding the orb smash to act 3 really doesn't take that much extra time. It'll just take a while for most rushers to get used to it and figure out how to quickly find the pieces because they never bothered doing it before. Or rather, you want to be more selective with who rushes you since tons of rushers still don't even know how to navigate the maggot lair..let alone act 3.

It'll still be significantly faster to just rush through and get your xp in hell afterwards.

What you're describing though is pretty much the most efficient "added xp" way to do a full all-quest rush. Though honestly, if your rusher is any good, even that is hardly worth it because they'll have a new tp up before you killed any amount of mobs worth writing home about. Even with a maxxed
Enchant
. Plus you're requiring your rushee to bring at least some minimum of gear (unless you provide that) and to be somewhat active which not many folks will.
OP
Thanks @Schnorki , but doesn't getting to Hell without levelling require there to just happen to be people doing act 5 at the right time for you to g-rush through?

I've always looked when people have rushed my chars and no one ever is...

And yeah, it would be for people who are keen to play/ level a bit themselves, just want to do it quicker I guess. I know my level 21 barb would love a good
Enchant
in 5 player game to go through tomb smashing...

Schnorki 3715Moderator

PC
RMac85 wrote: 2 years ago
Thanks @Schnorki , but doesn't getting to Hell without levelling require there to just happen to be people doing act 5 at the right time for you to g-rush through?

I've always looked when people have rushed my chars and no one ever is...

And yeah, it would be for people who are keen to play/ level a bit themselves, just want to do it quicker I guess. I know my level 21 barb would love a good
Enchant
in 5 player game to go through tomb smashing...
It does. But in my experience, that works out significantly faster than one would think based on the generally observed lack of normal and nm games. Even more so if you choose to offer a rush to the person giving you the quest.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...