Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   4762 views

Has anyone felt this way like me: hell diablo been buffed?

No data yet

Description

Has hell diablo been buffed in the new patch? I was just running
Chaos Sanctuary
with my lightning sorc. My Infinity merc wears a near perfect v-gaze, and a wrymhide Treachery. When I spawned diablo he already has
Fade
proc on, and his resistance is all capped. No lower res curse on him I checked. He basically can't survive in diablo's fire for 3 seconds! Diablo sometimes burns him down quicker than my lightning takes diablo down (which takes about 3 seconds also). I have no recolletion of my merc with
Fade
proc on fragile like this before. Diablo usually couldn't even hurt my guy down to half health when I killed him. Has anyone felt the same way? Or is it always like this? What do I do to make my man survive?
I obviously can't raise his fire res any higher.
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Chaos Sanctuary
with my lightning sorc. My Infinity merc wears a near perfect v-gaze, and a wrymhide Treachery. When I spawned diablo he already has
Fade
proc on, and his resistance is all capped. No lower res curse on him I checked. He basically can't survive in diablo's fire for 3 seconds! Diablo sometimes burns him down quicker than my lightning takes diablo down (which takes about 3 seconds also). I have no recolletion of my merc with
Fade
proc on fragile like this before. Diablo usually couldn't even hurt my guy down to half health when I killed him. Has anyone felt the same way? Or is it always like this? What do I do to make my man survive?

Currently taking a break from doing uber services. My old uber service thread: trade/uber-service-for-cheap-price-t331131.html.
Should change to an
Eth
andy and e fort for your merc with Infinity, stop worrying about the
Fade
procs and increase your mercs armor and attack speed for more life steal will fix your merc.

wale 39

Druid PC
FREE_LOOP wrote: 2 years ago
Chaos Sanctuary
Fade
Fade
Use
Teleport
to position yourself and your merc ontop of Diablo: his electric fire thing starts at his hands and doesn't hit you if you're hugging him closely.

Also, Treachery is very popular for the DPS, but it provides very little defensive stats. IMO, you shouldn't expect your mercenary to be able to survive "everything" if you aren't giving him a more solid defensive armor (Fortitude, Chains of Honor, Stone, ethereal
Shaftstop
, etc.)
The issue is that bosses have a damage bonus against mercs. This is also seen when the merc gets destroyed by the very harmless hydras from the
Travincal
council.

The upper limit of 75% of fire resist is not enough for your merc to survive Diablo's
Firestorm
without proper fire absorption/higher resistances/life leech. Also, it is possible for you to raise the fire res EVEN MORE, at the expense of Treachery.

The solution is to get
Guardian Angel
(to increase the upper limit of all resistances),
Kira's Guardian
(to add a ton of resistance and cannot be frozen) and some weapon with a ton of life leech (reaper's toll). That should let your merc survive. This leaves your merc with 90% all resistances.

I will test if my merc can solo hell Diablo with this configuration, and I will let you know. Perhaps not.

Update, it did survive, this was half-way through killing diablo (got a
Dwarf Star
ring)

However, it took like 10 minutes. Not having crushing blow really hurts the merc

With this configuration,
Firestorm
to the face would take out about 1/5 of his life. Without
Battle Orders
, that may be about 25%, still manageable with potions. This should help.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
OP
wale wrote: 2 years ago

Use
Teleport
to position yourself and your merc ontop of Diablo: his electric fire thing starts at his hands and doesn't hit you if you're hugging him closely.

Also, Treachery is very popular for the DPS, but it provides very little defensive stats. IMO, you shouldn't expect your mercenary to be able to survive "everything" if you aren't giving him a more solid defensive armor (Fortitude, Chains of Honor, Stone, ethereal
Shaftstop
, etc.)
hey! thanks for the tips! I will definitely try that. I don't expect him to survive everything though, I just expect him to survive that fire damage when he has capped fire resistance. I just find that he has been a tough guy against physical damage even though he has low defense so I decided to put more weight into high res. And about that, I just found out that there has been some bug about his
Fade
proc. Apparently sometimes my mercenary will appear 'faded' like his whole body blurs, but he doesn't actually have
Fade
proc when I check his resistance. Maybe that's the case , the 'fake'
Fade
, where he died instantly in diablo's fire damage. Maybe my newly built lightning sorc just killed everything so fast that he doesn't even got a chance to get hit to get
Fade
proc.

I just find it insane that he died there so quickly (for multiple times!). It never happened when I was running cold sorc with the same merc build (except with Insight instead of Infinity). Perhaps my cold sorc just killed diablo quicker because of the precast blizzard and the diablo didn't even had the time to cast that fire thing.

Currently taking a break from doing uber services. My old uber service thread: trade/uber-service-for-cheap-price-t331131.html.
OP
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
The issue is that bosses have a damage bonus against mercs. This is also seen when the merc gets destroyed by the very harmless hydras from the
Travincal
council.

The upper limit of 75% of fire resist is not enough for your merc to survive Diablo's
Firestorm
without proper fire absorption/higher resistances/life leech. Also, it is possible for you to raise the fire res EVEN MORE, at the expense of Treachery.

The solution is to get
Guardian Angel
(to increase the upper limit of all resistances),
Kira's Guardian
(to add a ton of resistance and cannot be frozen) and some weapon with a ton of life leech (reaper's toll). That should let your merc survive. This leaves your merc with 90% all resistances.

I will test if my merc can solo hell Diablo with this configuration, and I will let you know. Perhaps not.
Awesome, thanks! Good to know boss does extra damage to merc. 90% all res sounds really tempting. Yeah he's easy to die to the council
Hydra
too, so I'm always extra careful about his health when I'm running
Travincal
. I basically just need him to survive at this point to provide that
Conviction
aura. I would definitely try more surviving build at the cost of some dps.

If your merc's main job is to proc
Conviction
and be sturdy, yes, this setup will work for sure. Mine only dies in
Travincal
if I let a
Conviction
elite live for long enough to take his resistances down (happens 1/2 times every 200 runs).
Just get the weapon with the largest life leech you can.

Lo
Wisp Projector
OP
If your merc's main job is to proc
Conviction
and be sturdy, yes, this setup will work for sure. Mine only dies in
Travincal
if I let a
Conviction
elite live for long enough to take his resistances down (happens 1/2 times every 200 runs).
Just get the weapon with the largest life leech you can.
well his job is to provide
Conviction
aura, not to tank one xD. So his only choice of in-slot weapon is Infinity really.

I see, makes sense, still I would still recommend the setup, but keep an eye on him in case his health goes a bit too far down

Lo
Wisp Projector
OP
I see, makes sense, still I would still recommend the setup, but keep an eye on him in case his health goes a bit too far down
Thanks for the help!

Also, as a light sorc to kill Diablo faster, switch to
Charged Bolt
and
Teleport
directly on top of him.
Charged Bolt
runs off the normal breakpoints, so if you aren't hitting the 117% breakpoint, it hits faster than
Lightning Bolt
will. Each bolt will hit, and the average damage from
Charged Bolt
is pretty much equal to that of
Lightning Bolt
. Diablo drops dead in about 1 second for me in single player (and this is without
Griffon's Eye
)
an upped
Eth
Duriel
shell goes a long way in helping my merc survive
I noticed the
Firestorm
hitting hard as well. Even my sorc with 75% fire res and 2.5k life doesn't survive standing in the fire and needs to tele out.

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.
1/10 Diablo will kill my merc most the time he doesnt do any damage even to my weak skeletons

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...