Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   3072 views

Description

Hi D2R community,

Stay a while and listen! I finally made my dream come true and built Infinity for the very first time. Since playing Diablo 2 twenty years ago and noticing how other Lightning Sorcs obliterate the Demon armies of the burning hells, Diablo and
Baal
I was so jealous regarding their speed and ease. Of course, I was dreaming to build that weapon myself one day. However, my playstyle is too casual – back then and today with my kids running around and going to work – so I was never able to either find any high runes or items of value that could be traded for them. These days a lot of things are easier of course, there are guides, trade forums, this great community and of course the RNG, who helped me to make my dream come true…

So, it all began in early November, when I started to farm Pits,
Travincal
, and
Mephisto
with my low budget
Frozen Orb
Sorc and only playing few hours per week. Eventually, I was extremely fortunate to find a
Ber
rune in
Travincal
(well actually my Merc found it because he killed a cold immune champion lol). This find made me determined to try again and go for Infinity. Although I have to admit, the temptation to convert the
Ber
into Ists, hoping that prices eventually drop and I could buy back even more stuff with the Ists was very high… thank god I didn’t went down that path!

While I was making only small steps forward, trying to get better gear and increase my kill speed, it was not before the Christmas weeks that
Nihlathak
dropped
Sur
, the Cows dropped a
Lo
rune and in the Tamoe Highlands an
Ohm
rune fell from the skies… I never was so lucky in my entire Diablo/Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 career to find anything of comparable value... but then I found something, which I probably would have thrown away 20 years ago… a fine small charm of inertia:
Thanks to the trade forum, I was able to price and sell it for two
Lo
runes and in 2022 started break down and trade some of the runes to get the second
Sur
. Finally,
Ber
Mal
Ber
Ist
was sitting in my stash and I was feeling extremely happy and proud.
In the last couple days, my sorc hunted for ethereal threshers but couldn’t find any. Since, I was richer than ever before in my Diablo life but still struggled to use my wealth to buy items (probably because I never was in that comfy situation), I convinced my parsimonious voice to buy a 4os ethereal
Thresher
and complete my mission. There it is! Of course, this item will be forever known as Xythera’s
Thresher
/Infinity!
While it isn’t perfect and of course this doesn’t matter to me, the roll of reduced enemy lightning resistance made me smile a lot. And while my current max damage is “only” 18k it was feeling great how cows, demons and champions fall like flies in single player runs. So, after all these years I’m finally there! And there is still plenty to do… my future runs hopefully get me a griffon, anni and sorc torch and maybe even Enigma... Thanks for reading and obvisouly many many thanks to all the traders who supported my dream!
Description by ddhawk3110

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi D2R community,

Stay a while and listen! I finally made my dream come true and built Infinity for the very first time. Since playing Diablo 2 twenty years ago and noticing how other Lightning Sorcs obliterate the Demon armies of the burning hells, Diablo and
Baal
I was so jealous regarding their speed and ease. Of course, I was dreaming to build that weapon myself one day. However, my playstyle is too casual – back then and today with my kids running around and going to work – so I was never able to either find any high runes or items of value that could be traded for them. These days a lot of things are easier of course, there are guides, trade forums, this great community and of course the RNG, who helped me to make my dream come true…

So, it all began in early November, when I started to farm Pits,
Travincal
, and
Mephisto
with my low budget
Frozen Orb
Sorc and only playing few hours per week. Eventually, I was extremely fortunate to find a
Ber
rune in
Travincal
(well actually my Merc found it because he killed a cold immune champion lol). This find made me determined to try again and go for Infinity. Although I have to admit, the temptation to convert the
Ber
into Ists, hoping that prices eventually drop and I could buy back even more stuff with the Ists was very high… thank god I didn’t went down that path!

While I was making only small steps forward, trying to get better gear and increase my kill speed, it was not before the Christmas weeks that
Nihlathak
dropped
Sur
, the Cows dropped a
Lo
rune and in the Tamoe Highlands an
Ohm
rune fell from the skies… I never was so lucky in my entire Diablo/Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 career to find anything of comparable value... but then I found something, which I probably would have thrown away 20 years ago… a fine small charm of inertia:
Thanks to the trade forum, I was able to price and sell it for two
Lo
runes and in 2022 started break down and trade some of the runes to get the second
Sur
. Finally,
Ber
Mal
Ber
Ist
was sitting in my stash and I was feeling extremely happy and proud.
In the last couple days, my sorc hunted for ethereal threshers but couldn’t find any. Since, I was richer than ever before in my Diablo life but still struggled to use my wealth to buy items (probably because I never was in that comfy situation), I convinced my parsimonious voice to buy a 4os ethereal
Thresher
and complete my mission. There it is! Of course, this item will be forever known as Xythera’s
Thresher
/Infinity!
While it isn’t perfect and of course this doesn’t matter to me, the roll of reduced enemy lightning resistance made me smile a lot. And while my current max damage is “only” 18k it was feeling great how cows, demons and champions fall like flies in single player runs. So, after all these years I’m finally there! And there is still plenty to do… my future runs hopefully get me a griffon, anni and sorc torch and maybe even Enigma... Thanks for reading and obvisouly many many thanks to all the traders who supported my dream!

Please no private messages for trades
You talk about how you made your Dream come true, but the whole post is about Infinity. Please correct your runewords!

But really, I did the same for my very first Enigma ever like 2 weeks ago and couldn't believe ever holding one of these armors for my own. :D
I didn't have the rune drop luck like you did (one
Jah
, but other than that no high rune til now), but had some luck with other drops, which I would have thrown away 20 years before - like you said with your small charm.

May your merc hold it with Pride!

Trollwut#2511
OP
thanks mate :) i couldn find something to prevent that the word "dream" is recognized as rune word Dream... found it :) sorry not writing to many posts here yet

Bisu 371

PC
Reading this makes me happy. Congrats!!!
=)

BillyMaysed 2194Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Im glad you were able to make a nice profit from that small charm and complete your dream aka Infinity :D

OP
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
Im glad you were able to make a nice profit from that small charm and complete your dream aka Infinity :D
thank you :) your price guide was a substantial help on my way, great work!

Thanks for sharing :D
Congratz! Now also after 20 years it seems that I am playing so much smarter and I am finding good stuff and finally are seeing runes piling up in stash. Thanks to the trade forums I will also soon get my Dream Enigma ;) I really enjoy the nostalgic trip to D2 again. I hope they can keep the game interesting for those also who do not have extensive time to spend.

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
Gz to your Infinity.
Just got a
Ber
from Cows so I'll get my first one ever too, soon :).

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
ddhawk3110 wrote: 2 years ago
thanks mate :) i couldn find something to prevent that the word "dream" is recognized as rune word Dream... found it :) sorry not writing to many posts here yet
was a joke, so nevermind mate :D

Trollwut#2511

BillyMaysed 2194Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
ddhawk3110 wrote: 2 years ago
thank you :) your price guide was a substantial help on my way, great work!
Well i merely formatted a few others guides into one big one for everyone to use, so thank @Nokk @Morphin and @Sober2085 for their amazing contributions to the community. :D

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...