Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   1869 views

Description

I just received an in-game /w from --- spamming to promote a site that sells items for real money... and I found a member of this site named SneakySquid with 0 trust, 0 posts... I cannot be sure that is the same person, but...
In this site we share our gameID and it is pretty similar to our private telephone number... something that we should protect from spammers, but cannot say how.
I believe that he spammed other members of this site...
...and I forgot to take a screenshot of the /w... I closed the channel and blocked the idiot before thinking to take a proof...
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

I just received an in-game /w from --- spamming to promote a site that sells items for real money... and I found a member of this site named SneakySquid with 0 trust, 0 posts... I cannot be sure that is the same person, but...
In this site we share our gameID and it is pretty similar to our private telephone number... something that we should protect from spammers, but cannot say how.
...and I forgot to take a screenshot of the /w... I closed the channel and blocked the idiot before thinking to take a proof...

DiabloDeDeadpool wrote: 2 years ago
May the loot be with you...
OrcozZio wrote: 2 years ago
This should have been addressed directly to a moderator. However, I will say that we don't really do anything about hearsay, because it's just that. Hearsay.
OP
Krythic wrote: 2 years ago
I just received an in-game /w from --- spamming...
This should have been addressed directly to a moderator. However, I will say that we don't really do anything about hearsay, because it's just that. Hearsay.
It was an in-game spam... moderators of this site cannot take actions... I posted here to see if any other site member received something similar.

DiabloDeDeadpool wrote: 2 years ago
May the loot be with you...

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
I actually got spammed by the same account today as well.

Figured the bots just pull folks to whisper to from lobbys now, seeing how all it takes to get your tag is a simple /who
Krythic wrote: 2 years ago
I just received an in-game /w from --- spamming...
It was an in-game spam... moderators of this site cannot take actions... I posted here to see if any other site member received something similar.
Again, this is not something that should be discussed in a public setting. You should message a moderator if you have concerns about another user.

Teebling 5807Admin

Europe PC
Removed name from every post, locking this thread.

In-game violations are to be reported to the in-game GMs. Thanks for the heads up on he who shall not be named as he may be getting IDs from this site.

Please never share people's IDs publicly alongside an accusstion.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...