Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   6955 views

Description

Hello everyone!

Thought it would be a good idea if we could have a dedicated topic for people to discuss how the new trade search works, especially some of its more advanced features such as the custom keyword syntax. If you haven't already read the guidance, go and start a new search, and click the 'Syntax' button there.

Share your custom codes, ask questions to each other, discuss your methods, and basically let's learn together how the new search works. If you see some useful routes or find some aspects of it particularly useful, please share your thoughts here so I know which bits need expanding on or improving.
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 17 Admin

Europe PC
Hello everyone!

Thought it would be a good idea if we could have a dedicated topic for people to discuss how the new trade search works, especially some of its more advanced features such as the custom keyword syntax. If you haven't already read the guidance, go and start a new search, and click the 'Syntax' button there.

Share your custom codes, ask questions to each other, discuss your methods, and basically let's learn together how the new search works. If you see some useful routes or find some aspects of it particularly useful, please share your thoughts here so I know which bits need expanding on or improving.

wale 65

Druid PC
I was having trouble getting it to work the way I wanted until I saw the little option box for searching not just "titles" but "all".

Question: any way to search title+descriptions only? I see title OR description OR all (which includes offers). For example, I'd like to be able to search for "
Raven Frost
perfect" in titles and descriptions only, without picking up search results that include people offering "perfect" gems for low roll
Raven Frost

Teebling 17 Admin

Europe PC
wale wrote: 2 years ago
I was having trouble getting it to work the way I wanted until I saw the little option box for searching not just "titles" but "all".

Question: any way to search title+descriptions only? I see title OR description OR all (which includes offers). For example, I'd like to be able to search for "
Raven Frost
perfect" in titles and descriptions only, without picking up search results that include people offering "perfect" gems for low roll
Raven Frost

wale 65

Druid PC
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
wale wrote: 2 years ago

Raven Frost
Raven Frost
Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 05.50.24.png
Hybrid includes offers. I want to EXCLUDE offers: only search title+description. Maybe I'm in the minority and it isn't a high priority feature, but I guess I can be the first to request it, haha.

Thanks for the new site regardless, and even having hybrid search as it currently is a huge improvement over before.

Fury 45

Amazon Europe PC
Hey, thanks again for all the good work. Im getting lots of errors while using advanced search:
"General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 't.legacy_resu' in 'where clause' [1054]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists."

I noticed it seems to happen more often if I choose "Display as posts" and leave region unmarked.

I might be silly, but im having some troubles to use adv.search correctly, lets say if I would want to search ring with both these stats included: mana stolen+all resistances, how should I search? I've been trying a lot in different ways found in Syntax.

Teebling 17 Admin

Europe PC
Fury wrote: 2 years ago
I might be silly, but im having some troubles to use adv.search correctly, lets say if I would want to search ring with both these stats included: mana stolen+all resistances, how should I search? I've been trying a lot in different ways found in Syntax.
You could try the expression Ring (mana stolen|all resist) or any combination of exact names or phrases. Or you could just search those attributes and select 'rings' from the trade filter. Make sure your own default filters aren't excluding too many results from your searches - they work on an AND logic.

Schnorki 819 Moderator

PC
Question:
Using the "one of.." lists, what's the syntax to include a space in the search terms?

Example:
Say I want to search for any
Archon Plate
or
Lacquered Plate
of whatever, specifically including the "plate" part, not worrying about the space I'd start out with
(
Archon Plate
|
Lacquered Plate
). However, actually executing that as a search replaces the spaces and turns it into (archon|plate|lacquered|plate), then resulting in literally any "plate" and not just archon or
Lacquered Plate
. Tried a few of the more common space replacements or quoting the entire search term, nothing seems to work so far. Figured asking may be the simplest solution. :)

Teebling 17 Admin

Europe PC
@Schnorki Yeah it treats each keyword separately. Have you tried just searching (lacquered|archon) and then refined
the results after with the 'plate' keyword?

Schnorki 819 Moderator

PC
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
@Schnorki Yeah it treats each keyword separately. Have you tried just searching (lacquered|archon) and then refined
the results after with the 'plate' keyword?
That should work for the given example, true.
Though it wouldn't in other possible scenarios (say "
Archon Plate
" and "
Dusk Shroud
") which would make a space convenient to have, hence my curiosity as to whether there is one. Though even for those, there's probably some decently working workaround as well, given the exact search needs.

Side note: Yes, this is a very first world problem for me to have. The search as is, even without (knowing how to add a) space here, is pretty damn good. :)
I'm sorry but I'm striggling to get it to work. I'm trying to find a amulet with +1 druid skills, some resist all and FCR. I'm typing Amulet(skills|resistances), but I'm getting a error?

Teebling 17 Admin

Europe PC
Astragoth wrote: 2 years ago
I'm trying to find a amulet with +1 druid skills, some resist all and FCR. I'm typing Amulet(skills|resistances), but I'm getting a error?
Results here

Hey,

Two questions.

Is there a syntax to find a specific string? I want to find 20% fcr amulet, using ' amulet "20% fcr" ' does not work.

Is there a way to search for only new threads (started within a day or two) instead of all that had been bumped?

Also, would be nice to have a possibility to search without any string while using advanced search. E.g. to pick a champ, skiller and res to list all items that do match.

Teebling 17 Admin

Europe PC
AdamCz wrote: 2 years ago
Is there a syntax to find a specific string? I want to find 20% fcr amulet, using ' amulet "20% fcr" ' does not work.
Unfortunately not. The search engine treats each word separately, because it indexes each individual word.
I had a look into reconfiguring to accept 'exact matches', as per your example, but it's not a simple task and would require changing from phpBB's native fullsearch engine to the MySQL engine solution.

There is, however, a workaround which will get you close to the desired results.

You can do a search for the keyword 'fcr', and then from the advanced filter options, choose 'Amulets', then hit 'Full search'. This will give you results that show only Amulet listings that have the word 'fcr' in the title. You can then add another keyword, '20', and it will filter the results again to show only trades that also have the keyword '20' in the title. Now you have a pretty good selection to scan through to see which of the instances of '20' is referring to FCR (some results will be 20 to Fire Res or +20 life etc).
Keyword search for 'fcr' and '20' in the 'Amulets' item type category
Keyword search for 'fcr' and '20' in the 'Amulets' item type category
Remember, up until now you have only been searching in the trade titles themselves. So, in order to broaden your search further, try searches using the different options available at the top. This will allow you to search in titles (default), search in descriptions only, search in descriptions AND titles (hybrid) etc.
Search options
Search options
Some people put attribute details like the 20% FCR in the title, whereas some will put that extra information in the description. Make sure you're targeting the right area to search in :)
AdamCz wrote: 2 years ago
Is there a way to search for only new threads (started within a day or two) instead of all that had been bumped?
Yes. When you get to the search results, you have some basic time sorting options (and it is based off the original time of the listing, not bump times). Click 'Sorting', and then select the timeframe you want from the 'Display:' dropdown. You can also configure sorting of the results from the same menu. There are a limited number of options for the time being, can potentially expand later if it needs to be more granular than the 1d, 7d, 1m etc. options currently available.
Filtering by original listing time
Filtering by original listing time

Thank you for quick and detailed answer.

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure that when it comes to sorting I already tried what you suggested:
And then I still got old topics:

Teebling 17 Admin

Europe PC
@AdamCz alright cool. I think the data I was testing with was misleading me - can see from your screenshot that it's querying last_post_time instead of topic_time (original).

Added to to-do list..

Sorry for making trouble!
You are doing a great job here. End of spam.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...