diablo2.io is supported by ads
31 replies   2395 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

BillyMaysed 2189Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
CapNCook wrote: 2 years ago
Corpse mechanic is easy to avoid tho
sure its "easy to avoid" but 99% of new players, and probably plenty of old players, still have no idea that they will lose their items until it happens. It isn't unreasonable to think "oh ill just get all my gear when i come back like usual, no harm no foul" only to realize you only keep the gear of the body with the highest gold count. So it definitely should be changed.

I’ve been
Telekinesis
scammed and corpse popped back in the day.

A lot of people have no integrity. That’s why the world is as fucked up as it is.
Some might say “it’s just a game”, but actually a valuable item in this game is something that you’ve spent hours of your life working towards in order to earn a digital reward that confers some a degree of emotional enjoyment.

This is tantamount to him stealing hours of your life. OP has every single right to be furious.

Fuck that guy, I hope he is an incel for the rest of his life.

Asha 351

Sorceress Europe PC
I am toyin such ninjas occasionally, dependin on my current mood. Droppin useless grey threshers or smth from inventory during cow run, for example, and get that 1-2 seconds of lols or valuable action. But it gets borin soon tho.
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
It isn't unreasonable to think "oh ill just get all my gear when i come back like usual, no harm no foul" only to realize you only keep the gear of the body with the highest gold count. So it definitely should be changed.
Never heard about the highest gold count tho, What I do know is if you go to retrieve your corpse with other gear from your stash, and that out values the gear of the dead corpse, and you die that the highest value gear corpse stays.

Also it wasn't mend as a snarky remark or such :) I mean it's something I recently found out.

Was farming some cow's and we had the most shitty spawn of a portal, it was in the little fence area, 3 boss groups, cow king and a pack of elites, that was def to much for me to boost 3 others trough :p

Got insta gibbed, started to panic a bit, tried to resummon some skeletons, to just get gibbed again, went to Google to find out what would happen if I logged off and / or what would happen to my gear now.

TLDR: Found something out 20 years later, that would've changed my whole D2 play time back in the day XD

~Your PC is so slow, even Jesus complains about the lag~
sonnytai331 wrote: 2 years ago
“it’s just a game”
People who use this line, have never been scammed out of they're gear / inventory.

I once got scammed out of my CSGO items, because dyslexia and a link that was: Steamcomunity . com or something like that, a letter was missing or different which I didn't see.

And the naief me was like: Oh this guy wants to trade a xxx amount worth item for my xx amount worth item, must be legit.

Clicked the link, all items gone. I did contact Steam, got my items back, but I can tell you those 48 hours were the worst of my life.

But same as logging in to your WoW account to see your end game Priest to be fully naked.

Like you said; lots of hours and such invested,
and just the feeling when you get that item, skill level or such is rewarding as hell tho!
You could compare it to some stuff that isn't legal :p

~Your PC is so slow, even Jesus complains about the lag~

y2kid 109

PC
Jeggo wrote: 2 years ago
imo what's almost as bad is the people taking the side of the thieves and scammers. "wElL mAyBe YoU sHoUlDn'T hAvE dRoPpeD iT In ThE fIrSt PlAcE." Why not at least try to encourage a community where people aren't, you know, greedy scumbags?
Don't get me wrong. I'm all for such a community and if someone joins my game they usually leave telling me how amazing I am just because I help them out a ton. :Shrug: if you wanna encourage a better community be the change, don't act as an emotional support group for the hurt. Rather than helping them when they get burnt, advocate for a better policy where no one does.

What I'm getting at is - the state of the game currently is as is and everyone knows it. There's no reason to be reactive since that brings little to no benefit (imo) Rather try to proactively act on these things and make the change happen ^^

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
imo what's almost as bad is the people taking the side of the thieves and scammers. "wElL mAyBe YoU sHoUlDn'T hAvE dRoPpeD iT In ThE fIrSt PlAcE." Why not at least try to encourage a community where people aren't, you know, greedy scumbags?
Coddling someone who made a mistake erasing what was most likely hours of hard work is not helping them.

Esp when some mindfulness would've prevented this, I'd say tough love goes much further than pacification.

lf godly plate of the whale
flyingcar wrote: 2 years ago
Coddling someone who made a mistake erasing what was most likely hours of hard work is not helping them.

Esp when some mindfulness would've prevented this, I'd say tough love goes much further than pacification.
You mistake "coddling" with empathizing with people that made a very common mistake. If you made the same mistake, you might feel the need to share your frustration with someone else.

I disagree. Tough love in the form of saying things to the tune of "it's clearly your fault alone for making the mistake. It's not the thief's fault at all" doesn't help at all. Empathizing with people doesn't necessarily help either, but if your goal actually is to help, you could do something like point them to resources which educate them about common mistakes and scams and how to avoid them. There's a great guide somewhere on this forum...
flyingcar wrote: 2 years ago

You mistake "coddling" with empathizing with people that made a very common mistake. If you made the same mistake, you might feel the need to share your frustration with someone else.

I disagree. Tough love in the form of saying things to the tune of "it's clearly your fault alone for making the mistake. It's not the thief's fault at all" doesn't help at all. Empathizing with people doesn't necessarily help either, but if your goal actually is to help, you could do something like point them to resources which educate them about common mistakes and scams and how to avoid them. There's a great guide somewhere on this forum...
I get what you're saying although misconstruing what people said to "wElL mAyBe YoU sHoUlDn'T hAvE dRoPpeD iT In ThE fIrSt PlAcE." doesn't help your point.

100% the thief is a scumbag who does not deserve that Grief.. but at the end of the day that was some random whose actions cannot be controlled.

This was clearly OP's fault alone, how can you blame the thief? He was playing in a public game and an item of high value dropped.

We can talk about morality till the sun comes up and how we would return the Grief if that was us.. but that thief is neither you or I.

What can be helped is OP realizing his lapse of judgement in that moment, I'm sure this has scarred him and he will never make this mistake again.

If you can find any resources/guides to help Kenny not control-click you should send them his way.

lf godly plate of the whale
OP
haha decided to roll a new Grief today.
Read it and weep xD
KennyMcLenny wrote: 2 years ago
asdfasdf.png

haha decided to roll a new Grief today.
Read it and weep xD
Looks like mine. 32/357 or something. :) any Grief is better than no Grief.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...