Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   1562 views

Description

How should I prioritize stats, skill points and gear as my Zealot is getting ready for late game?

My lvl 82 Zealot has 105 base Dex and roughly 4k AR when using
Zeal
. Depending on where in Hell difficulty he's zealing, 75-86% of his strikes hit. When using
Vengeance
to deal with physical immunes he's got about a 67% chance to hit. That's painful.

Gear: Oath,
Tal
Rashas
Mask
(10% dual leech and 60 life is not that bad, thinking hard about what to replace it with), HoZ,
String of Ears
Gore Rider
Laying of Hands
(useless except for the fire res since I'm hitting 4 frames per
Zeal
strike even without the gloves). I've got some half-ass crafted and rare jewelry that add some AR, but I feel like it's not enough.

I also have a bunch of left over skill points. I've put only about 10 points in
Holy Shield
, which is enough for me to hit Max Block with HoZ. This made me feel like I could afford 5 hard points into
Blessed Aim
for the hidden AR-bonus it provides.
Defiance
got a couple of skill points as well to buff my defense with
Holy Shield
, but I still have 5 free points and I'm racking up more as I go up in levels.

So...

If I get a decent Ravenfrost and level up closer to 90, will I get a high enough chance to hit to settle, or should I keep spending hard skill points on
Blessed Aim
and prioritize dex over vitality as I level up?

I planned out this build to use an Oath
Cryptic Sword
Andariel's Visage
and
Laying of Hands
. It turns out I misunderstood how IAS works and I don't need Andariels Visage or
Laying of Hands
to hit a very fast breakpoint. Is there something other than Guillame's Face and Dracul's that I could use in those slots to boost my AR in a worthwhile way?

Can be used to make Runewords:

How should I prioritize stats, skill points and gear as my Zealot is getting ready for late game?

My lvl 82 Zealot has 105 base Dex and roughly 4k AR when using
Zeal
. Depending on where in Hell difficulty he's zealing, 75-86% of his strikes hit. When using
Vengeance
to deal with physical immunes he's got about a 67% chance to hit. That's painful.

Gear: Oath,
Tal
Rashas
Mask
(10% dual leech and 60 life is not that bad, thinking hard about what to replace it with), HoZ,
String of Ears
Gore Rider
Laying of Hands
(useless except for the fire res since I'm hitting 4 frames per
Zeal
strike even without the gloves). I've got some half-ass crafted and rare jewelry that add some AR, but I feel like it's not enough.

I also have a bunch of left over skill points. I've put only about 10 points in
Holy Shield
, which is enough for me to hit Max Block with HoZ. This made me feel like I could afford 5 hard points into
Blessed Aim
for the hidden AR-bonus it provides.
Defiance
got a couple of skill points as well to buff my defense with
Holy Shield
, but I still have 5 free points and I'm racking up more as I go up in levels.

So...

If I get a decent Ravenfrost and level up closer to 90, will I get a high enough chance to hit to settle, or should I keep spending hard skill points on
Blessed Aim
and prioritize dex over vitality as I level up?

I planned out this build to use an Oath
Cryptic Sword
Andariel's Visage
and
Laying of Hands
. It turns out I misunderstood how IAS works and I don't need Andariels Visage or
Laying of Hands
to hit a very fast breakpoint. Is there something other than Guillame's Face and Dracul's that I could use in those slots to boost my AR in a worthwhile way?

Asha 364

Sorceress Europe PC
General advice: to hit mobs better, you need both buffin your AR and debuffin mobs defence. Don't forget about modifiers such as "- enemy def", "ignore target defence", some
Battle Cry
from your CtA, or your own
Conviction
aura, etc.
OP
Do I really have to get a Grief or spam
Battle Cry
to get >90% chance to hit? I was thinking I'd get there with a Ravenfrost and some nice rolls on crafted jewelry.
pretty sure investing in Dex is not a very good way of boosting attack rating, which is why regardless of melee build or not every guide recommends not to invest in Dex unless its to meet gear requirements or to max out block. in your case, you should probably just try to get attack rating through charms or other items since you already have max block
OP
Where do I dump my excess points then? Does the higher defense warrant maxing out
Holy Shield
(and
Defiance
on top)? Or should I splurge on
Resist Lightning
and lightning charms so I can do
Uber Tristram
with 80% lightning resistance while under
Conviction
?
https://www.icy-veins.com/d2/zealot-pal ... ild-skills

im not an expert on
Zeal
build so usually i just refer to guides like this, but after maxing out
Fanaticism
Zeal
, and
Sacrifice
, and enough in
Holy Shield
for max block, you can just toss points anywhere really.
If your goal is to be able to do Ubers then investing a bunch of points into
Resist Lightning
to boost max lightning resistance is probably a good idea, its even recommended in this guide, but just remember you do need a ton of resistance to make use of the max increase for ubers since youll need around 300+ resistance to max out after -125 from
Conviction
and -100 from Hell difficulty mod

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation