Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   641 views

Description

Device: Desktop
Browser: Google Chrome

Steps to reproduce: Get any notification and enable push notifications on

Anything else to add: Every notification I get I receive literally 6-10 back-to-back notifications of the same thing.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Steps to reproduce: Get any notification and enable push notifications on

Anything else to add: Every notification I get I receive literally 6-10 back-to-back notifications of the same thing.
Fixedby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
Push notifications retired in 1.34.

TLDR; Couldn't fix it as original dev went AWOL. Was using a huge amount of server resources, only a handful of users actually using.

For a workaround, go to your notification settings and use email notifications. Your device probably generates push notifications for these.

EnragedN3wb 187Moderator

PC
There are a few known issues with push notifications for now unfortunately. The dev for the push notifications has been contacted, but for now we're stuck with multiple notifications each time, & the only way to stop them once enabled is to disable push notify for each type of notification individually on the Notification Options page.
Adroit7 wrote: 2 years ago
Just want to add, that it's the same for Linux and Firefox.

Trollwut#2511
OP
EnragedN3wb wrote: 2 years ago
There are a few known issues with push notifications for now unfortunately. The dev for the push notifications has been contacted, but for now we're stuck with multiple notifications each time, & the only way to stop them once enabled is to disable push notify for each type of notification individually on the Notification Options page.
Thanks for the response. I'd like the push notifications, but I don't want 10+ of them at once haha. I am currently getting over 10+ right now for the response I just received on this post alone. Hopefully it can be fixed in the future!

EnragedN3wb 187Moderator

PC
Thanks for the response. I'd like the push notifications, but I don't want 10+ of them at once haha. I am currently getting over 10+ right now for the response I just received on this post alone. Hopefully it can be fixed in the future!
Yeah, I only have them enabled for a few specific things that I want to hear about asap & try to keep my watched topics to a minimum so they don't go off all the time now, but I've actually gotten as many as 30 notifications for one thing before. >.<
OP
EnragedN3wb wrote: 2 years ago
Yeah, I only have them enabled for a few specific things that I want to hear about asap & try to keep my watched topics to a minimum so they don't go off all the time now, but I've actually gotten as many as 30 notifications for one thing before. >.<
I feel like it's getting higher every day hahaha. Thanks for your input
I started out with about 10 notifications but now I receive 100-200 when something happens. :-D

The notification feature is very useful but at some point I'll have to turn it off due to this bug.

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
@TRON still trying to get the developer on board to help me solve this. I purchased a license from them so they're suppose to be able to help but haven't responded yet.

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
Push notifications retired in 1.34.

TLDR; Couldn't fix it as original dev went AWOL. Was using a huge amount of server resources, only a handful of users actually using.

For a workaround, go to your notification settings and use email notifications. Your device probably generates push notifications for these.
This post was marked as the fix.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...