Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   2231 views

Description

Hey guys, all's well here. Just a lot of water and looking out of the window wishing I could be working on the site :P

I've noticed that @Khegan and I are the only ones who have been working on adding item descriptions recently. Whilst I'm gone I can't really do anything development-wise; but that doesn't mean the site's progress has to stop completely.
These item descriptions are absolutely vital to the site's success - any and all description suggestions and item comments are welcome and I've designed the site in a way that anyone who wants to get involved in them can do so:

Just click the 'Suggest Description' button on an item you're familiar with, write a small blurb on it and submit, or if you're already a contributor, you can edit the description directly.
Would be cool if these could be more fleshed out by the time I get back and start working on the Monsters/NPCs/Quests/Skills data.

Hope you're all well - with what little free time I have out here I've been planning patch 0.3 and can't wait to show you guys what is coming when I return :D

Teeb

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5815Admin

Europe PC
Hey guys, all's well here. Just a lot of water and looking out of the window wishing I could be working on the site :P

I've noticed that @Khegan and I are the only ones who have been working on adding item descriptions recently. Whilst I'm gone I can't really do anything development-wise; but that doesn't mean the site's progress has to stop completely.
These item descriptions are absolutely vital to the site's success - any and all description suggestions and item comments are welcome and I've designed the site in a way that anyone who wants to get involved in them can do so:

Just click the 'Suggest Description' button on an item you're familiar with, write a small blurb on it and submit, or if you're already a contributor, you can edit the description directly.
Would be cool if these could be more fleshed out by the time I get back and start working on the Monsters/NPCs/Quests/Skills data.

Hope you're all well - with what little free time I have out here I've been planning patch 0.3 and can't wait to show you guys what is coming when I return :D

Teeb

Can you give us some examples of what you are looking for in terms of item descriptions?
OP

Teebling 5815Admin

Europe PC
Great question @havelox

Enigma is a good example - it has a short, concise handful of sentences that highlight the item’s salient points of interest.

When approaching item descriptions try to ask yourself questions like this: Why do players value it so much? Which items is it best combined with or crafted from? Is the item particularly relevant for a single class or build? Does it synergise with other items or skills? Is there anything unusual or less well known about it? Is it viable early on in the game or in late game only? Are there other simar items that replace it eventually? Etc.

These don’t have to be essays - they’re there as a quick ‘blurb’ or ‘overview’ of the item and anything between 3-400 characters is all that’s needed to turn an item entry from being just a list of stats into something a whole lot more useful to new and experienced players alike.

Th3ory 415

Paladin Americas PC
@Teebling Sounds like if we were to help, we would need to send our write up to a contributor correct as we likely wouldn't have edit rights?

OP

Teebling 5815Admin

Europe PC
Th3ory wrote: 2 years ago
@Teebling Sounds like if we were to help, we would need to send our write up to a contributor correct as we likely wouldn't have edit rights?
Just click the ‘Suggest Description’ button on any item and it gets sent to me.

If you’re doing a few I can make you a contributor and that will allow you to edit the item descriptions directly with no approval.

I was away and I was working mainly on the Guides but I will start contributing on the descriptions as well for sure.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...