diablo2.io is supported by ads
35 replies   2874 views

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

BillyMaysed 2185Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
sO_ShysluShy wrote: 2 years ago
Every captcha everytime was select the planes. Always planes. So many planes.
Planes? Trucks? Buses?

I am now a certified expert at this point. Can spot one at 500 yards at night in a snowstorm.

nyRo 23

Necromancer Americas PC
Incredible site and it is exactly what the community needs in terms of trading. The #1 issue people talked about when I mentioned this site on reddit was the slow server speed; easy decision to donate for me.
Thanks for the purple name! Fav color!
thanks for all the work on this great site. nice seeing donators getting special names. but please do not bump their trades in the list or give other "advantages". keep it fair for everyone.

Sorceress Americas PC
berserkingyadis wrote: 2 years ago
but please do not bump their trades in the list or give other "advantages". keep it fair for everyone.
Ya this site is definitely designed to not give anyone any unfair advantages. I'm just happy to donate to support the site for the community. The trade section & and the database are truly awesome creations.

Just made my donation, this site deserved a good server :) thanks for the great work.

Sorceress Americas PC
darkrezus wrote: 2 years ago
Just made my donation, this site deserved a good server :) thanks for the great work.
your deeds of valor will be remembered.

We're about to need another... few upgrades with how the membership seems to be rising exponentially :O

optimize your website instead of upgrading the server
OP

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
bckq wrote: 2 years ago
We are. You think optimisation alone can help having half a million pageviews a day? :lol:

Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
We are. You think optimisation alone can help having half a million pageviews a day? :lol:
on 150 euro/month dedicated server you can easily handle more than that. I'm not trying to offend you or brag or something, I just don't want you to spend too much money for nothing. I'm just saying that your website is not really optimized, online counter on main page, random entries and propably some other heavy logic / db requests that throttle the whole website with each page view instead of at least caching it for a short time, it all will just drain your money on server when you can instead make some changes to the script itself
OP

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
on 150 euro/month dedicated server you can easily handle more than that. I'm not trying to offend you or brag or something, I just don't want you to spend too much money for nothing.
It's on a 350 usd a month dedicated server at the moment.
online counter on main page
Span of the last 2 mins - not a very heavy query, especially as I truncate the sessions table regularly.
random entries
This is cached, so no effect on performance.
propably some other heavy logic / db requests that throttle the whole website
These are being indexed and re-organised by @Byte-Size.
instead of at least caching it for a short time
A lot of stuff is cached, actually everything that can be without affecting users too much.

Thanks for all this advice but you don't know what has been done so far ^ so there's some pointers for you. We're doing everything we can.

Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
on 150 euro/month dedicated server you can easily handle more than that. I'm not trying to offend you or brag or something, I just don't want you to spend too much money for nothing.
It's on a 350 usd a month dedicated server at the moment.
online counter on main page
Span of the last 2 mins - not a very heavy query, especially as I truncate the sessions table regularly.
random entries
This is cached, so no effect on performance.
propably some other heavy logic / db requests that throttle the whole website
These are being indexed and re-organised by @Byte-Size.
instead of at least caching it for a short time
A lot of stuff is cached, actually everything that can be without affecting users too much.

Thanks for all this advice but you don't know what has been done so far ^ so there's some pointers for you. We're doing everything we can.
True I don't know what was done so far, but good to see that you're working on it I appreciate it, good luck!
Sent ya $25! Thanks for this server that feels much more legit than d2jsp
Patreon ftw. Subbed for ya. Hoping we can get the site to run more smoothly because it's AWESOME otherwise!
NGL the site is much faster now. dono's and tech upgrades doing good work!

Sorceress Americas PC
berserkingyadis wrote: 2 years ago
NGL the site is much faster now. dono's and tech upgrades doing good work!
Pretty insane how quickly they are improving things. I honestly expected the improvements to take weeks or longer considering its just Teebling and a couple helpers.

I love it when people with this level of programming skill create things in their free time just to help the community. Like all the many OG D2 mods and calculators made back in the day. The resources we have access to now because of people like them is truly incredible. :D

Last bumped by BillyMaysed 2 years ago.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...