31 replies   14152 views

New ladder-only patch 2.4 Runewords speculation and discussion

No data yet

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Can't wait, bring on the changes. Already got bored of the base game, went back to playing some Project D2. PD2 just had their 4th season start, and it's got loads of fun new changes. I'd really rather play the D2R client though, so bring on the ladder.

I'm hoping melee builds get some presents here with these runewords. Give me a runeword which adds dual-wielding and the Barbarian
Frenzy
skill. I want a dual wielding
Frenzy
sorc!

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
Beardozer wrote: 2 years ago
I'm hoping melee builds get some presents here with these runewords. Give me a runeword which adds dual-wielding and the Barbarian
Frenzy
skill. I want a dual wielding
Frenzy
sorc!
Or a
Whirlwind
assassin, sounds like some fun :p

~Your PC is so slow, even Jesus complains about the lag~
I really hope they at least add all those new ladder runewords to single-player. As a collector i really hate being locked out of some items...
OP

Teebling 5832Admin

Europe PC
crocorinho wrote: 2 years ago
I really hope they at least add all those new ladder runewords to single-player. As a collector i really hate being locked out of some items...
Think they already said that the characters will be moved to non-ladder at the end of the season - so think that means they're only available to obtain whilst on the ladder, after which you can keep them on SP? Anyone want to clear this up for us?

Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Think they already said that the characters will be moved to non-ladder at the end of the season - so think that means they're only available to obtain whilst on the ladder, after which you can keep them on SP? Anyone want to clear this up for us?

This is exactly right, there'll be a finite relatively small number of ladder runewords available in non-ladder after ladder season ends and everyone's char is transfered. Prepare your
Ber
and
Jah
guys, it's going be a ride.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
OP

Teebling 5832Admin

Europe PC
Thanks @Queegon for that.

Do you guys anticipate any changes that should be made to the site here in preparation for 2.4 specifically? I know there is a large backlog of bugs and other improvements still to be made but I like to plan ahead and want to know what you guys think. Besides adding the new runewords as data objects, updating the set items data, updating the skills data, and adding the new cube recipes, how do you think that trading behaviour will change and is there anything I could realistically do to help people for that?

ichorus wrote: 2 years ago
If anything, the announcement makes me want to quit the game. Knowing in a month or 2 everything I’ve farmed so far will be worthless makes me realize again what a waste of time this game is..
What makes these items "worthless"? Do they become unusable or somehow worse than they are now?
Non-ladder and Single Player are different things.
Cryptography wrote: 2 years ago
If anything, the announcement makes me want to quit the game. Knowing in a month or 2 everything I’ve farmed so far will be worthless makes me realize again what a waste of time this game is..
What makes these items "worthless"? Do they become unusable or somehow worse than they are now?
Once ladder starts, people will only want ladder items. My understanding is.. you can not trade non-ladder items to a ladder character. With the new rune words and whatever else they are adding, I’m assuming most people will want to play ladder. You can keep playing non-ladder of course.. but I would imagine the trading aspect of the game will be significantly diminished for non-ladder players.
Cryptography wrote: 2 years ago
Once ladder starts, people will only want ladder items. My understanding is.. you can not trade non-ladder items to a ladder character. With the new rune words and whatever else they are adding, I’m assuming most people will want to play ladder. You can keep playing non-ladder of course.. but I would imagine the trading aspect of the game will be significantly diminished for non-ladder players.
There will be players for both, exactly like Legacy had. Sure numbers will change but in-game prices don't change too much I imagine.

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Diminished? No, tons of people hate ladder. It'll just make prices drop by a lot.

ayrie 131

Necromancer Americas PC
Pretty sure that once ladder is over, all ladder chars go to non-ladder and their ladder-only items go with them to non-ladder. Also, Blizzard has just said that we will be able to make the new runewords in non-ladder after the ladder season is over.
ayrie wrote: 2 years ago
Pretty sure that once ladder is over, all ladder chars go to non-ladder and their ladder-only items go with them to non-ladder. Also, Blizzard has just said that we will be able to make the new runewords in non-ladder after the ladder season is over.
Did they say it? I thought they said you'll get to keep the Rune Words for your non-ladder play but not create new? If they enable these rune words for non-ladder then it will be even easier to keep playing NL, only have to deal with delay of making these.

Oh, I am bit afraid about their claim the new Rune Words creating new meta. Kind of refer to end-game rune words. This might bring us another Enigma or Grief equal.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...