Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
17 replies   1953 views

If its anything i've learned about the bnet community...

No data yet

Description

is that games where you try n sell/buy items is totally useless. Filled with people who try n rip you off or troll you by coming into your games and killing bosses making you think they're there for you. How has your experience been?

Can be used to make Runewords:

is that games where you try n sell/buy items is totally useless. Filled with people who try n rip you off or troll you by coming into your games and killing bosses making you think they're there for you. How has your experience been?
Phyrithal wrote: 2 years ago
Not that terrible actually. I sell Unidentified torches. Normally my name is like "Utorch4Gul". Sold about 16 of them. Got enough for a
Jah
and a couple of
Vex

Other trades like "IstPul 4 3x3K" gave me what I needed (when I was too lazy or burnt up to do farm them myself)

For anything else I use diablo2.io.

Yea, I had the guy going off and doing random stuff. I would leave the game for a while and then come back, when he was gone.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
I have traded pretty much perf gems for same/better price than here. Most of 3x3
Key
sets were sold in bnet too

Lowballers are also on place, but can be squelched and ignored with no issue

KIlling bosses in game is fair enough, this is a public game. You can easily piss off ppl by killing bosses by yourself though ;)

Feel free to check all my trades
Add me Standinsoe#2129 for fast trade
Anatole France wrote:
There are very honest people who do not think that they have had a bargain unless they have cheated a merchant
This remains true to this day, outside of Civ and real life, and in Diablo.

It is worth noting that many times, these people just don't know any better. Many don't have access to this site's Wealth of info. Some are just jerks. And people who are there just to take advantage of the player count... well, I can't blame them. When I've done it in the past, I've at least posted "Here for the players, sorry!" and then gone about my merry farming way.

The one upside of doing this is that having more people in the game makes it look like people are interested in the trade that's for offer. Maybe they're haggling lower; if they are and you can meet the asking price, you'll be able to preempt them and get the sale. Maybe that number of people means it's a good deal, so if the seller has more than one of the item, you should get in on the bargain, too!

Maybe I'm overthinking it.
OP
i must be having bad luck then. Everytime for the past few days i try n sell something i always get trolls. Ive leaned heavily more on just selling on this site. But sometimes i get an itch n think id have a chance to sell it in a bnet game.

BillyMaysed 2253Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
i must be having bad luck then. Everytime for the past few days i try n sell something i always get trolls. Ive leaned heavily more on just selling on this site. But sometimes i get an itch n think id have a chance to sell it in a bnet game.
what exactly were you trying to sell and for what?

Beardozer 457Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Filled with people who try n ... troll you by coming into your games and killing bosses making you think they're there for you.
I think this is just a byproduct of /players x not being available to multiplayer in combination with no /roll system for loot. You need to farm bosses in games full of other people, but you don't want to do it with other people because they'll beat you to the click. So you join games full of other people to ignore them and farm, lmao.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
OP
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
what exactly were you trying to sell and for what?
was trying to sell a 4os
Eth
Cryptic Axe
for an
Ist
or something around that. Based on this site its worth around a
Gul
. Another time i was trying to buy a
Sur
for
Lo
Ohm
(i know its overpay but ive just lost Faith in the value of what i can get and just rely on the cube). Both times (there were other trades in the past but these were recient that i recall) I just get trolls.

Schnorki 3719Moderator

PC
There's something about offering high runes in public games (for whatever) that keeps pulling in the same 2 asshats that still try to pull off their "zomg ctrl click for other link to proof is not dupe zomg!" scam, seemingly 24/7.

Apart from that though, the only thing wrong with public trade games is...well, the fact that they exist and make up 99.9% of all games, effectively hiding every single game you may actually want to play in. So long as that remains true, you really can't blame people for using your trade games to get players and run some bosses/pits...after all, how are they supposed to do actual split mf games if those simply cannot be found between all of the trade spam?

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
ive found it to be a about an 80/20 ratio. 80% just scams and a ripoffs and 20% being a more or less fair trade.
Just like the guy who always makes the game TalsAmmy4Vex . Are people actually paying for that?? Is it even possible??

Lo
Wisp Projector
I just make the trade name game and go MF. If I don't get any bites. I repeat. :)

(e.g. 4S
Monarch
for
Lem
)
Anonemous wrote: 2 years ago
I just make the trade name game and go MF. If I don't get any bites. I repeat. :)

(e.g. 4S
Monarch
for
Lem
)
I do the same. Farmers who come in for the p count quickly leave LOL.
oldboldsummoner wrote: 2 years ago

(e.g. 4S
Monarch
for
Lem
)
This weekend made a
Ohm
Vex
Ist
Lo
game and I got a bite after 2 days. :) Too bad the Grief rolled really bad (32/357). :(

(e.g. 4S
Monarch
for
Lem
)
This weekend made a
Ohm
Vex
Ist
Lo
game and I got a bite after 2 days. :) Too bad the Grief rolled really bad (32/357). :(
Same with HOTO for me. So far my rolls have been 30 and 32. I guess we have luck distributed in different places. Also, a Grief is still a Grief.

Lo
Wisp Projector
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago

(e.g. 4S
Monarch
for
Lem
)
This weekend made a
Ohm
Vex
Ist
Lo
Same with HOTO for me. So far my rolls have been 30 and 32. I guess we have luck distributed in different places. Also, a Grief is still a Grief.
Same here my HOTO was a 33.
I trade almost exclusively here. I just like the wider reach advertising here gives and you can consider offers. In game I only list easy trade games like Unid torches for X or 9dkeys for X etc etc. i find straightforward trades that have an established online price cuts out a lot of the time wasters

Renton212#2452
Honestly, you get undesirable or unpredictable behavior like that in any online game, or especially in the online game of Real Life, people aren't going to act like expected all the time. Just make more games and ignore the worst offenders, because you will see more of the same the more public games you make or enter. *shrug*

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...