Description

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

OP

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
So the 250 =... FG?
Maybe I don’t know though, cuz I originally came across the abbreviation in a b.net lobby, but maybe it was a game name where someone purchased a
Ber
for 250 fg and they were trading under that game name.

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Banjo wrote: 2 years ago
And i guess plx means please, but that makes no god damn sense. Since when was plz not good enough to mean please? When did the internet just decide to add this confusing addition the abbreviations for please?
*grumble grumble* millenials *grumble grumble* back in my day

And i guess plx means please, but that makes no god damn sense. Since when was plz not good enough to mean please? When did the internet just decide to add this confusing addition the abbreviations for please?
I vaguely remember such term being used 10-15-something years ago. For some reason, it was quite popular in EU.

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
"FG is basically an artificial system whereby people pay real money for fake money (fg), then use the fake money to buy pixels.

it's the currency used on a site that not only promotes the use of hax...."

Found this, so there seems to be people who really buy pix(els) on websites for signature-graphics, adds and stuff. So that person was probably looking for such a deal.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
Fen wrote: 2 years ago
"FG is basically an artificial system whereby people pay real money for fake money (fg), then use the fake money to buy pixels.

Found this, so there seems to be people who really buy pix(els) on websites for signature-graphics, adds and stuff. So that person was probably looking for such a deal.
So "Pixels" are a form of currency?

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
Krythic wrote: 2 years ago

Due to that topic you buy fake money (fg = forum gold) for items ingame. With that currency you can buy stuff on that forum such as space (pixels) for signatures, adds and stuff like that...
So in a way it's real money tradings and people warned to stay away from such trades/websites.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
Krythic wrote: 2 years ago

Due to that topic you buy fake money (fg = forum gold) for items ingame. With that currency you can buy stuff on that forum such as space (pixels) for signatures, adds and stuff like that...
So in a way it's real money tradings and people warned to stay away from such trades/websites.
Weird.
"please and thx" = "plz + thx" = plx

Not common but used by enough to show up now and then, like WUW in chat.

plx is also in the Karl Urban dictionary.

twiz 18

Assassin Americas PC
Illdaren wrote: 2 years ago
I guess "desc" would be too clear...
I recall "desc" when I played back in 1.08/1.09, which is the sensible and common way to abbreviate it. I was completely confused when I saw "4 Script" as some game names

twiz#1464
lowkey wrote: 2 years ago
"please and thx" = "plz + thx" = plx

Not common but used by enough to show up now and then, like WUW in chat.

plx is also in the Karl Urban dictionary.
lol. "pls/plz" and "ty/thx" are so long and complex that people invented a new word for it?
so i was in the lobby just now and saw a trade game titled
Ber
4 pix 250. what does pix 250 mean? ive never seen that acronym before. googled it couldnt find anything.
Guys, PIX is a Brazilian money transfer method. It's a new system launched about a year ago by the Central Bank of Brazil. It's basically the same as a normal online money transfer in your banking app, but you can transfer any time of the day, instantly, with no fees charged by your bank. Since its implementation it became hugely popular here in Brazil.

So, the title of the trade game meant the dude wanted to sell a
Ber
rune for R$ 250.00 reais (Brazilian Currency).

In case you are you are interested, you can find out more here : https://www.bcb.gov.br/estabilidadefinanceira/pix Google translate should do the trick.
This post was marked as the best answer.
OP

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
Zamock wrote: 2 years ago
so i was in the lobby just now and saw a trade game titled
Ber
4 pix 250. what does pix 250 mean? ive never seen that acronym before. googled it couldnt find anything.
Guys, PIX is a Brazilian money transfer method. It's a new system launched about a year ago by the Central Bank of Brazil. It's basically the same as a normal online money transfer in your banking app, but you can transfer any time of the day, instantly, with no fees charged by your bank. Since its implementation it became hugely popular here in Brazil.

So, the title of the trade game meant the dude wanted to sell a
Ber
rune for R$ 250.00 reais (Brazilian Currency).

In case you are you are interested, you can find out more here : https://www.bcb.gov.br/estabilidadefinanceira/pix Google translate should do the trick.
ohhh very interesting. thank you for letting us know. i thought it might have been a non english term/abbreviation. i couldn't find anything on google though, so i was just confused. good to know though. thanks.

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
@Zamock thanks for clearing that up for us.

BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
So the 250 =... FG?
Maybe I don’t know though, cuz I originally came across the abbreviation in a b.net lobby, but maybe it was a game name where someone purchased a
Ber
for 250 fg and they were trading under that game name.
Lmao. when he said 250FG he meant Forum Gold. It is a currency used on another popular trading site.
@Teebling and @Banjo

NP! Glad I could help! It's funny because as a Brazilian, i found myself wondering a few times how it would be confusing for you guys to understand the pix word in game titles :D
Shortly after i saw this post.

Side note: 250 reais for
Ber
with current $/R$ rate would be around 40 dollars. Was it cheap?
OP

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
@Teebling and @Banjo

NP! Glad I could help! It's funny because as a Brazilian, i found myself wondering a few times how it would be confusing for you guys to understand the pix word in game titles :D

Ber
thx again, and yeah $40 for
Ber
would be considered cheap. however, i would never spend real world money for in game items, no judgements if you do, but thats just not for me.
@Teebling and @Banjo

Ber
thx again, and yeah $40 for
Ber
would be considered cheap. however, i would never spend real world money for in game items, no judgements if you do, but thats just not for me.
Ohh sure. I don't spend real money in games either. I like to find the majority of my stuff and trade specific items that are really hard to find. Out of curiosity i wad wondering if 40 dollars for a
Ber
would be cheap, because 250 reais is 1/5 of a minimum wage here in Brazil. So it's kind of heavy.

At the moment i'm in a quest to finish my first Enigma. Gathering some items to be able to make some trades here. (I've got a Neat
Griffon's Eye
that will go into auction soon!)
Im running a poison necro.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...