Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   7279 views

'Sorry but you cannot use search at this time' shows up every time I search.

No data yet

Bug Report

Description

Device: PC
Browser: Version 95.0.4638.69 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Steps to reproduce: Use any of the search functions.

Anything else to add: Almost every time I try to search I get the error message "Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in X seconds." where X is some integer generally between 0 and 10. It does not matter how long I wait between search attempts - this same message returns 9 out of 10 times.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Device: PC
Browser: Version 95.0.4638.69 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Steps to reproduce: Use any of the search functions.

Anything else to add: Almost every time I try to search I get the error message "Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in X seconds." where X is some integer generally between 0 and 10. It does not matter how long I wait between search attempts - this same message returns 9 out of 10 times.
Fixedby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
I've reduced it to 3 seconds, let me know if that's an improvement.

Teebling 5983Admin

Europe PC
There is a 6 second flood limit to prevent automated abuse of the search. It's 12 seconds for guests.

Not a bug, marking fixed.

I see it pop up all the time, though. I type an item name, hit "3 days" for the price check, and immediately get it. If you're counting the search for an item and the search for an item's price history as two separate queries, I think that's a bug. There's no practical reason to search for an item name, but then not look for trades that match.
Yah the wait is brutal.. Sometimes it'll say wait 8 seconds.. So you wait about 15 seconds, refresh and it says "wait 12 seconds." You can get stuck in a loop where it just doesn't let you search. I've resorted to using discord more now as this site just isn't responsive enough.. It's a bummer because the layout is pretty great.

Teebling 5983Admin

Europe PC
This post was marked as the fix.

OP
Hey, thanks for looking into this. Everything seems to be fine lately. However I don't think the problem was that I was actually searching too quickly. As others have mentioned, I could wait 30 seconds, 1 minute, longer between searches and still get the error message. Whatever was changed recently does seem to have fixed it though.

Teebling 5983Admin

Europe PC
Autoboat wrote: 2 years ago
Hey, thanks for looking into this. Everything seems to be fine lately. However I don't think the problem was that I was actually searching too quickly. As others have mentioned, I could wait 30 seconds, 1 minute, longer between searches and still get the error message. Whatever was changed recently does seem to have fixed it though.
Okay good to know that improved it.

Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
3 seconds fixes it but the underlying issue is that when you type the item's name it does a search to populate the dropdown menu so if you type the item and then immediately hit search you get hit with a cooldown. If you hit back and type the item name again it just repeats the search to populate the dropdown menu and hitting search just shows you still on cooldown.

The workaround for users would be to wait a few seconds before you hit the search button because just typing in the item name triggers the cooldown.

Teebling 5983Admin

Europe PC
Kaji2 wrote: 2 years ago
The workaround for users would be to wait a few seconds before you hit the search button because just typing in the item name triggers the cooldown.
This is not the workaround, because the dropdown search is entirely separate from the trade deep search. Two different 'components' if you like that don't share a 'cooldown'.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...