Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   562 views

Price check page improvement suggestion

No data yet

Site Feedback

Description

Add specific fields when you list a unique of the stats that can roll in a range to select from when listing. This will make uniform the stat listings and allow for easier price determination when looking up the price check page. Additionally change the price check page of an item to more closely match the last 3d sold page. As it stands right now you can see what the item sold for but not the item that was listed. If I need to word any of that differently just let me know! As it is, this site is amazing so thanks for all the hard work!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Add specific fields when you list a unique of the stats that can roll in a range to select from when listing. This will make uniform the stat listings and allow for easier price determination when looking up the price check page. Additionally change the price check page of an item to more closely match the last 3d sold page. As it stands right now you can see what the item sold for but not the item that was listed. If I need to word any of that differently just let me know! As it is, this site is amazing so thanks for all the hard work!
Request fulfilledby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
Jay.Deelicious wrote: 2 years ago
Yeah I didn’t necessarily mean to be able to see every single trade for a specific item for all time, just to see the stats more easily for the items that were sold recently as well as what they sold for.
I think that inlining the descriptions again (way it was before v1.0) will also apply to the recently sold trades area, so that would fulfil your request at least partially.

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
I can't store all of the information of every single trade that was sold, there's nearly 100,000 sales now and the whole idea behind v1.0 was making that data available to you guys for all-time without slowing down the site.

You don't need to be pythagoras to work out which of them rolled high and had more value. Besides, value is not a static, determinate thing on this market - it's a bartering market. Values are going to shift and change as demand and supply change. The price check tool serves it's purpose perfectly well at the moment and doesn't need additional information like this.

Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
I can't store all of the information of every single trade that was sold, there's nearly 100,000 sales now and the whole idea behind v1.0 was making that data available to you guys for all-time without slowing down the site.

You don't need to be pythagoras to work out which of them rolled high and had more value. Besides, value is not a static, determinate thing on this market - it's a bartering market. Values are going to shift and change as demand and supply change. The price check tool serves it's purpose perfectly well at the moment and doesn't need additional information like this.
Perhaps it makes sense to add the word "perfect" to the filters for the perfect version of things?

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Wm_ShrecK wrote: 2 years ago

Perhaps it makes sense to add the word "perfect" to the filters for the perfect version of things?
Aye that would be a good solution that won't break the bank and would allow OP and others to see the 'top of the price range'. Will think about it.

Aye that would be a good solution that won't break the bank and would allow OP and others to see the 'top of the price range'. Will think about it.
Also I think it needs to change so many button in new trade in advanced section to drop button. For for class and sockets in first.

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Alternate idea:
Add a preview line for the recent trades.

Reasoning:
At least in my experience, searches for those items where stats really make a difference don't yield countless results, especially in the 3d range where the details are still available. In that range however, you only see the sales price in the overall list and then need to hover over every entry individually to get the preview to see what the actual stats of the sold piece were. Naturally, that takes a decent amount of time and results in a number of additional individual DB calls. Instead (or in addition) adding a preview to the price check results, showing the first line (up to x characters, to fit layout) of the actual sales post so far as it is still there (so within the 3d range only) would allow users to very quickly gauge which results are actually of interest to them and would probably reduce load overall, despite increasing the size/complexity of the initial search call. Based on my personal experience at least, ~98 out of 100 times, the stats are immediately visible within the first row.
OP

Yeah I didn’t necessarily mean to be able to see every single trade for a specific item for all time, just to see the stats more easily for the items that were sold recently as well as what they sold for. Almost like combining the price check page with the last 3day page in terms of the data listed. But I also realize this could be either very complex or unrealistic to implement. The idea suggested to filter perfect items and what they sold for could solve this so you can see the top end of the market easily. Anyways thanks for considering!

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Jay.Deelicious wrote: 2 years ago
Yeah I didn’t necessarily mean to be able to see every single trade for a specific item for all time, just to see the stats more easily for the items that were sold recently as well as what they sold for.
I think that inlining the descriptions again (way it was before v1.0) will also apply to the recently sold trades area, so that would fulfil your request at least partially.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...