diablo2.io is supported by ads
17 replies   11217 views

Description

Hi,
so I thought double Grief is the way to go, but when i switched my
Azurewrath
for a second Grief, I didnt really feel a big difference. In fact, the
Azurewrath
was even better in CS i think. With Grief, i made more dmg against the PSN Lords, but way less Dmg against the Knights. Also AoE Knockback was just nice with Azure.
Now, i made a Fury for my offhand, and it is wayyy better than double Grief i have to say, just as i thought.
The only thing my
Frenzy
barb is struggling with is the attack rating, so the 20% bonus from Fury is really nice.
So i was wondering.. maybe a Last Wish PB instead of the Fury PB is even better, beacuse i can get a
Blessed Aim
Merc then. (currently, he has Might)

What do you think?
Description by Zerum

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi,
so I thought double Grief is the way to go, but when i switched my
Azurewrath
for a second Grief, I didnt really feel a big difference. In fact, the
Azurewrath
was even better in CS i think. With Grief, i made more dmg against the PSN Lords, but way less Dmg against the Knights. Also AoE Knockback was just nice with Azure.
Now, i made a Fury for my offhand, and it is wayyy better than double Grief i have to say, just as i thought.
The only thing my
Frenzy
barb is struggling with is the attack rating, so the 20% bonus from Fury is really nice.
So i was wondering.. maybe a Last Wish PB instead of the Fury PB is even better, beacuse i can get a
Blessed Aim
Merc then. (currently, he has Might)

What do you think?

Playing Diablo 2 for over 20 years.
Always in need of Runes, Keys/Organs and PGems!
Also check my Profile for open trades :)

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
Get an eDeath CS. Guaranteed 5 sockets max, gives bonus AR, 50% CB, deadly strike.

With arreats, eDeathCS and a
Raven Frost
you literally are set on AR. if you want to OD, slap angelic ammy/ring on with the ravenfrost and you can hit 90% on even Ubers.

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
Can't answer for Fury because I haven't played
Frenzy
barb for a long time, but my guess is you are indeed lacking AR. I'm shooting for 15-20k AR on my assassin, you probably want the same on a
Frenzy
barb.
The reason why you feel
Azurewrath
is better than Grief is because
Sanctuary Aura
allows you to ignore the 50% innate physical resistance on all undeads, effectively doubling your damage with both weapons. Plus the cold/magical damage adds quite a bit when you have a fast attack, it's a very underrated weapon :)
Last Wish PB is the best weapon against Ubers for its 60-70% CB alone, no doubt about that. With
Fade
and
Life Tap
procs on top, this weapon looks like it was specifically designed for destroying Ubers. I'm not sure it's worth its price compared to the other weapons for normal farming though.

Stormlash 343Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
I'm gonna go even further and say respec to Axes and go Beast + Grief. Also, Angelic Amulet + Ring and
Demon Limb
(for prebuff) are Godsend if you lack AR.

I tried nearly every combination and Last Wish + Breath of the Dying is really crazy. No other weapons did this dmg output on ubers. If you have any questions, you can send me a PM!
In this guide the guy recommends the combination Grief + Lawbringer. Lawbringer not for the dmg, but for
Decrepify
and the
Sanctuary Aura
What do you think about this? Right now i run Oath + Lawbringer, cause i can t afford Grief yet. It feels nice, but i have nothing to compare...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comment ... y_barb_d2/
Grief + Lawbringer is excelent for when you need to face a ton of unded physical immunes (arcane, tower), and makes them marshmallows. The decrep aura procs less frequently than a reaper's toll, but its extremely useful. I use that combination whenever I want to clear those areas.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
OP
oh, such a nicely active thread! :))) sorry for the late reply, will answer everything!

xSD wrote: 2 years ago
Get an eDeath CS. Guaranteed 5 sockets max, gives bonus AR, 50% CB, deadly strike.

With arreats, eDeathCS and a
Raven Frost
you literally are set on AR. if you want to OD, slap angelic ammy/ring on with the ravenfrost and you can hit 90% on even Ubers.

Thats a very good suggestion, thanks for the answer!
I missed Death because i specifically looked for non-indestructible RWs which are suitable for a
Frenzy
barb because a 30% IAS PB (eg. Grief) gives already max speed for a
Frenzy
barb. There is no faster option, more IAS doesnt give you any benefits, and
Frenzy
ignores the IAS on the offhand as long as its the same base weapon (PB in my case)
so when i socket Death in an
Eth
CB, it will definetly be slower than a PB but maybe its worth the Dmg. If anyone has a Death in an
Eth
CB and might let me check if the dmg is worth the loss of IAS it would be VERY appreciated!

Zelym wrote: 2 years ago
Can't answer for Fury because I haven't played
Frenzy
barb for a long time, but my guess is you are indeed lacking AR. I'm shooting for 15-20k AR on my assassin, you probably want the same on a
Frenzy
barb.
The reason why you feel
Azurewrath
is better than Grief is because
Sanctuary Aura
allows you to ignore the 50% innate physical resistance on all undeads, effectively doubling your damage with both weapons. Plus the cold/magical damage adds quite a bit when you have a fast attack, it's a very underrated weapon :)
Last Wish PB is the best weapon against Ubers for its 60-70% CB alone, no doubt about that. With
Fade
and
Life Tap
procs on top, this weapon looks like it was specifically designed for destroying Ubers. I'm not sure it's worth its price compared to the other weapons for normal farming though.

man.. 15-20k i can onbly dream of... Im crawling at around 6k LOL!
but changing Fury for the second Grief changed A LOT. It gave me about 30% more clearspeed and much better Boss DPS. Dmg on Ubers is also better.. but still not satisfying.

Regarding Azure, i know the
Sanctuary Aura
is super nice!
I sold a 270%ed
Azurewrath
for an
Ist
Rune a week ago and still feel it was too cheap... yeah, Azure is VERY good, at least for CS!

Stormlash wrote: 2 years ago
I'm gonna go even further and say respec to Axes and go Beast + Grief. Also, Angelic Amulet + Ring and
Demon Limb
(for prebuff) are Godsend if you lack AR.
will definetly NOT do that because:
1) attack speed is way slower
2) Repair Delirium

for PvP though, going for Axes/BAs is the better option, i guess. But for
Frenzy
in PvE i prefer my 4.5 frames attack speed <3
ID_Anvelyn wrote: 2 years ago
I tried nearly every combination and Last Wish + Breath of the Dying is really crazy. No other weapons did this dmg output on ubers. If you have any questions, you can send me a PM!

ok, nice info provided, thanks! Did you also compare swords vs axes? Axes have more screenDPS, thats no secret, but swords are simply faster and since most of the Uber Dmg comes from CB (crushing blow), that might tune up the dmg even more? PB + CB (
Colossus Blade
) should still be faster than double BA, although not as fast as double PB.
(bin übrigens auch deutsch :) )
DiscoStouzo wrote: 2 years ago
In this guide the guy recommends the combination Grief + Lawbringer. Lawbringer not for the dmg, but for
Decrepify
and the
Sanctuary Aura
What do you think about this? Right now i run Oath + Lawbringer, cause i can t afford Grief yet. It feels nice, but i have nothing to compare...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comment ... y_barb_d2/
Lawbringer is a good weapon until you reach lvl 85! as soon as you hit 85, grab an
Azurewrath
and give you Merc a Reaprers Toll (in case he doesnt have one already) because:
1) you will 1-2 shot mobs in the Pit, so you dont need
Decrepify
on White Mobs.
2) Enemies who need more of your attention will likely be cursed by your merc
3)
Azurewrath
is just nicer. You have
Decrepify
from merc, Azure has Sanctuary aswell and it simply does more dmg. Also, if you are 85 and dont have a Grief yet, use Lawbringer + Azure or double Azure and farm CS, since the Santuary Auras stack.

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
Zerum wrote: 2 years ago
man.. 15-20k i can onbly Dream of... Im crawling at around 6k LOL!
but changing Fury for the second Grief changed A LOT. It gave me about 30% more clearspeed and much better Boss DPS. Dmg on Ubers is also better.. but still not satisfying.
Just took a look at the usual
Frenzy
build and you only get ~500-600% AR from the skill tree, so yeah... 10k might be a more realistic target and you will still need a few sharp GC to get there.
But man hitting the Ubers reliably with 6k AR must have been a real struggle, although I guess survivability was never an issue with the high life pool barbs can achieve.
Yesterday I finished my second Last Wish
Colossus Blade
. Today I was able to test the build. Until now I got a guaranteed Crushing Blow together with
Steelrend
and
Gore Rider
The
Life Tap
spawns almost on any Boss and the Crushing Blow does the rest. The Might Aura is Lvl 34 afaik or only 2 times Lvl 17 didn't notice this better. I am still looking for a hint with
Templar's Might
or
Guardian Angel
. Right now I got a Fortitude
Shadow Plate
Altogether I am pretty happy because I like the results. Also I did not test Hell and all combinations.
After all I will try get the missing Items, Lvl and Charms.
SC Nightmare
Damage is 5k max
Frenzy
I use BoTD and socketed
The Grandfather
and I know there are better options but I kinda like attributes and bonuses given by those swords. More than that I have two Grief PBs and find them a bit boring. Recently I went ubers with my friend necro and I used
Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge
for more res and crushing blow, did fine. With no merc max DMG is about 5.5k. Just my two cents here.
Audin Barb wrote: 2 years ago
I have two Grief PBs and find them a bit boring.
Man how i love to hear that! Grief is BORING especially in
Phase Blade
! Sure it is efficient to quickly melt normal enemies but Breath of the Dying is way cooler with its flexy
Poison Nova
, and oh how much i love Death with its huge CB and deadly strike bonus, you can really hit hard on ubers with that.

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
Lawbringer with
Decrepify
brings in great value for your Grief main hand.

give a Pride to your merc.
Personally I use dual Deaths in PB with GFace Gore's and Highlords I get 100%
Critical Strike
and 100% crushing blow. Tried Faith merc and A2 merc but like A2
Blessed Aim
w Pride over 15
Fanaticism
. Off hand is Dual
Azurewrath
for physical immune, have tried Lightsabres didn't kill as fast but didn't KB with the aura. Although Dual Lightsabres made any area with Black souls or Lightning guys in general obsolete. Just walking around
Plains of Despair
, Worldstone, etc was not an issue what so ever, and they didn't do as much damage they still killed everything without issue.

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
Should load up on 130 AR grand charms to get you up over 10k. I think I've got 3 or 4 of them in my inventory.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
Breath of the Dying and Death, both in an
Eth
Berserker Axe
, that is all
WillieB wrote: 2 years ago
Breath of the Dying and Death, both in an
Eth
Berserker Axe
, that is all
And you become an uber killing machine

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
OP
Phalanx wrote: 2 years ago
Yesterday I finished my second Last Wish
Colossus Blade
. Today I was able to test the build. Until now I got a guaranteed Crushing Blow together with
Steelrend
and
Gore Rider
The
Life Tap
spawns almost on any Boss and the Crushing Blow does the rest. The Might Aura is Lvl 34 afaik or only 2 times Lvl 17 didn't notice this better. I am still looking for a hint with
Templar's Might
or
Guardian Angel
. Right now I got a Fortitude
Shadow Plate
Altogether I am pretty happy because I like the results. Also I did not test Hell and all combinations.
After all I will try get the missing Items, Lvl and Charms.
SC Nightmare
Damage is 5k max
Frenzy
You have two Last Wish and you "did not test Hell"?

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...