Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
17 replies   594 views

Description

Device: PC
Browser: FF 94.0.1

After enabling notifications at start i've got 1 pop up, some time later it was 2 at a time, and now i've got 3x pop up to the same massage

Can be used to make Runewords:

Device: PC
Browser: FF 94.0.1

After enabling notifications at start i've got 1 pop up, some time later it was 2 at a time, and now i've got 3x pop up to the same massage
Fixedby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
Push notifications retired in 1.34.

TLDR; Couldn't fix it as original dev went AWOL. Was using a huge amount of server resources, only a handful of users actually using.

For a workaround, go to your notification settings and use email notifications. Your device probably generates push notifications for these.
OP
it multiplicates fast :D

Teebling 5947Admin

Europe PC
Do you guys have multiple accounts registered under the same email? Trying to work this out atm.

OP
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Do you guys have multiple accounts registered under the same email? Trying to work this out atm.
nope, only that one

Teebling 5947Admin

Europe PC
Hey guys, just an update on this, I've sent a long email to the original developer and will try to hire him with donation money to get this issue fixed.

Can confirm it is producing multiple browser push notifications when it should only be producing one, and this is on a variety of different browsers and devices meaning it's very unlikely to be an issue on your end.

Will let you guys know how this goes, might have to disable them altogether until fixed as the number of notifications being generated right now is not good for the server.

I really like this feature and I think you guys do too, so I'm interested in getting this fixed asap and its top of my list along with the trade descriptions inline thing.

OP
I don't know if it has any connection, but now I have received as many popups as I have notifications in my "List of Notifications"
I'm using Firefox also, but I'm actually not getting any push notifications at all. Any ideas?
OP
Draconix wrote: 2 years ago
I'm using Firefox also, but I'm actually not getting any push notifications at all. Any ideas?
have you enabled them?
after clicking it you should confirm near adress bar that you allow to show those push notifications from site
Thank you for showing me that pic, that button wasn't showing up for me until I tried disabling one of my addons. I turned on notifications now and I'll update you on how it works out :)

EDIT: Yeah it doesn't seem to be working well for me. It showed 2x Notifications once, only after refreshing the page. Two other times I got no notifications at all.

EDIT 2: I changed Firefox settings to now use Windows Action Center for push notifications and its working nicely now! :D
I'm getting 3x Notifications though, same as the OP, but it looks like its a known issue
A bump on this
I managed to get 10 notifications,
I looked and I think that was also the number of tabs of diablo2.io I had open (I know I am crazy but I Wind up with 100's of tabs some duplicates whatever, atleast google added the icon to tell me which one is playing the music)
I figured that may be playing a part in getting the duplicates so I would let you know.

Teebling 5947Admin

Europe PC
mgorman42 wrote: 2 years ago
I looked and I think that was also the number of tabs of diablo2.io I had open (I know I am crazy but I Wind up with 100's of tabs some duplicates whatever, atleast google added the icon to tell me which one is playing the music)
I figured that may be playing a part in getting the duplicates so I would let you know.
Thanks for making this connection, it might be really helpful in troubleshooting the bug.

Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
mgorman42 wrote: 2 years ago
Thanks for making this connection, it might be really helpful in troubleshooting the bug.
well... maybe not... I just got 12 notifications for that reply, and I had closed all but 4 of the tabs. though the number does seem to be going up with each notification. unless them being recently closed meant they hadn't impacted. or possibly something to do with having opened new tabs?
Hi there, just jumping on this bandwagon. I think I had 6 tabs open at the time of notification spam. Details:

Firefox on Windows 10, desktop PC.

Got 3 application notifications (whatever you refer to the native notification system in the top right as), and about 6 desktop notifications at once. Please note that I was in fact mentioned twice in one thread in short order, so although the notifications read the same they may be referring to different alerts!

I'll update you if I can find any more patterns :)

geo89 52

Assassin Americas XLinux
Same issue on my smart phone; i get 5 to 6 notifications for every message/reply. I am using chrome browser; Galaxy S7 running Android OS

This is a HARDCORE trade. PC only.

geo89 52

Assassin Americas XLinux
Here is a screenshot of the bug.

This is a HARDCORE trade. PC only.
Hit a new record for me today... 16... which was more than could be displayed at once... its, amusing (if not mildly nerve wracking cause its the same place that work notification pop up and getting that many that fast is usually a sign that something bad is happening)

Teebling 5947Admin

Europe PC
Push notifications retired in 1.34.

TLDR; Couldn't fix it as original dev went AWOL. Was using a huge amount of server resources, only a handful of users actually using.

For a workaround, go to your notification settings and use email notifications. Your device probably generates push notifications for these.
This post was marked as the fix.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...