Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
19 replies   3177 views

Description

Will it fill a role I don't already have? Before I start buying some Mosaic
Claws
which look to be pretty pricy atm and some grand charm skillers, I'm looking for feedback if you all think having a Mosaic sin will replace one of the following:

Uber: Smiter Pally
Terror
Zones: Lightning javazon
Key
farmer: Lightning Infinity
Scythe
sorc
Socket quest rush: 200 FCR cold sorc (second account)
Also my MF char with gear swap

I do have an assassin atm, focued on fire traps. And it melts content pretty easily but it's just not as fun or quick as the zon so I don't play it.

My biggest concern with the Mosaic build (and I have not played it before) is losing charges and having to TP somewhere to build charges and get back into the hard content (seems this happens in worldstone keep room?). That seems like it could become a chore this would become another char I wouldn't play.

What do you all think? Should I build one or just focus on the chars I have above? Thanks!

PS: The guide I'm looking at following:

Can be used to make Runewords:

Claws
which look to be pretty pricy atm and some grand charm skillers, I'm looking for feedback if you all think having a Mosaic sin will replace one of the following:

Terror
Key
Scythe
sorc

I do have an assassin atm, focued on fire traps. And it melts content pretty easily but it's just not as fun or quick as the zon so I don't play it.

My biggest concern with the Mosaic build (and I have not played it before) is losing charges and having to TP somewhere to build charges and get back into the hard content (seems this happens in worldstone keep room?). That seems like it could become a chore this would become another char I wouldn't play.

What do you all think? Should I build one or just focus on the chars I have above? Thanks!

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Selling Ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details
I could be wrong, as I don't follow Ladder builds anymore and not sure if this has made it to NL yet - but keep in mind what they did to Cold Sorc. I spent months building up near-perfect Cold Sorc gear on NL, waiting for sunder charms to transfer over once season ended, and then guess what happened? They nerfed the hell out of Cold Sorc right at the end of season! They really love to nerf these top meta builds after everyone hypes them up.. Spent probably 3-4 months building up gear, only for them to pull the carpet out from under me right when I was about to enjoy it.

Happened to me in both D2R and D4 with builds I invested quite a bit of time and resources into, and not sure I'll ever chase the meta again because of that. Fool me once or twice.. Never again.

Please correct me if I'm wrong though. Maybe they'll leave this build in the game for NL and I just have PTSD from previous nerfs.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
OP
That's a good point. We are probably very close to the end of the season. It might be in my best interest to wait a little longer and see what the next season brings.

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
I play the mosiacs. Did last season and playing again this season. Just going to sum things up in 1 sentence, why have all of those characters when you can have a mosiac?
I don't like Mosaic assassin myself, because, IMO, it's not good for group playing. You
Bash
and explode everything and everyone else just stares at you.

Its kinda to much easy, to much OP.
OP
jstblv66 wrote: 8 months ago
I play the mosiacs. Did last season and playing again this season. Just going to sum things up in 1 sentence, why have all of those characters when you can have a mosiac?
Interesting, I did read it can do it all but is it actually better at those things then the other characters? Would I use it instead of my pally for ubers or it instead of the javazon for
Terror
farming?

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
azeroti wrote: 8 months ago
Interesting, I did read it can do it all but is it actually better at those things then the other characters? Would I use it instead of my pally for ubers or it instead of the javazon for
Terror
farming?
In my opinion, and I am not alone with it, yes. Just a "
Dragon Talon
" build with no Mosaic clears Ubers faster than a smiter, but that is another story. I personally don't use sunders or Infinity, not needed. All these expensive
Claws
you see, not needed, just icing on the cake. However, if you want a character with 500 mf, well you might want to build something else. A lot people don't like playing the mosiac or even playing with a Mosaic because of the risk of being dropped out of a game. Then you have the
Charge
up sequence that some do not like. This running to another room to
Charge
up when charges go out, nonsense. The
Key
factor with the "mosiac" runeword is holding charges, but you have 17 seconds to hit something to keep it up. Not an issue with cows unless you stop. There are plenty of videos on it from various utubers and you will find different varieties of it. For example, the "
Dragon Tail
". That build I will try next season, supposedly more powerful than the
Dragon Talon
variant. It is fun, goes anywhere. I don't even use
Phoenix Strike
on bosses, just use tiger claw. It is not a build for everyone due to the play style.
OP
Terror
farming?
In my opinion, and I am not alone with it, yes. Just a "
Dragon Talon
"...
That was super helpful. I think I'm sold on trying it out. I'll start looking for some mosaics on sale.

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
Add me, we can do a show and tell and you won't need to pay for the
Claws
luizgeo wrote: 8 months ago
I don't like Mosaic assassin myself, because, IMO, it's not good for group playing. You
Bash
and explode everything and everyone else just stares at you.

Its kinda to much easy, to much OP.
Lol, that too 😆
Claws

Terror
Key
Scythe
sorc

Mosaic sins are unbelievable. It might be a bit late this season, but you should plan on adding the Sin to your arsenal next season.

The Blizzard 'brain' trust thought it was time to degrade the Cold Sorc by weakening CM, because you know - they were to strong, but at the same time thought it would be great if the Assassin could Oppenheimer everything that moved. WTF.
If you rich there is no other class. Mosaic hands down best.
Gets kinda boring quick tbh

NOT PLAYING MUCH LATELY; ON MY MINECRAFT/MELEE GRIND
You can always make alternative offers with Keys.
I don't really trade in pgems.
Can trade on PC and Switch

second account JuliePayette#1511
You can try it offline.
Losing charges is not an issue if you have Enigma.
Very strong build, it blows everything including my GPU. That is why I rarely play this build.

Relax and have fun!
OP
Just got my second claw this week, going to try it out over the weekend. Thanks all!

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
OP
I made it and omg, it's just funny to watch the Destruction. It needs lots of buttons but well worth it. I think I might be playing this char for a while now. Need to start tweaking it.

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
OP
Fast forward a a week and I've been playing the Mosaic assassin 80% of the time. There are some
Terror
zones I'll use my sorc instead but everything else, including multiple Uber runs, the assassin really does it all and many times, does it better. Uber is faster and cleaner with the assassin than my smiter that I spent a fortune on and I don't even have great
Claws
!

Anyone on the fence, try it out. I like the play style - it can be frustrating some times I will admit when you have a second left before you lose your charges and go up to kill a mob only to have your merc kill it instead BUT the pros do out weight the cons imo. Thanks all here for the tips and jstblv66 for my first claw. I'm still putting it to good use! Hope season 5 allows making Mosaic in NL as I have a few good bases ready to go.

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
I am hoping for the NL release too, but more for the Cure. Already have mosiac in NL from last season.
The topic "Mosaic for everyone?!?" got me curious so I leveled-up a MA Assassin and made two Mosaics.

It's so OP it's not even fun. It's the first time that I can start the progression in hell on /players5 without problems, and with an half-assed build still melt everything in seconds. I turn off my brain, hold right-click and watch the XP bar fill quickly. Reaping the rewards without putting in the effort.

I remembered that the last time I played a game that induced this pointless, half-bored mindset, was long ago when I played Diablo 3. I thought it was funny - and worrying - that probably one the biggest gameplay changes they implemented in D2R was to give us a way to make it more like D3. So, relatively to the question in the title of this topic, in my case it kind of opened a void in me.

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
renard wrote: 7 months ago
It's so OP it's not even fun.
Pretty good summary. It was fun to mess around with for a little bit the day it came out but the fact that you can literally faceroll dclone, ubers and literally everything else with nothing but mosaics, a pair of
Boots
and a couple charms is just..mweh. Too damn strong for its own good.
The only challenge is trying to find yourself in that giant ball of light.. :D Though the light show itself is genuinely entertaining.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...