Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
1 reply   891 views

Description

I’ve recently started back playing d2r after 15 years. Long ago I played sword shield ww barbarian. If I remember correctly it was good to have White damage instead of the damage being green from poison or another color, is this still correct?

As a Melee barb should your damage be White max damage or green poison etc….

Also I’ve been seeing a lot about Grief weapons with barbs, why are they so good compared to a Fury? Back in the day I used Fury BB with storm shield and White max damage and it was really good for pvp. What’s the current alpha build and why?

Thanks,
Svperbeast

Can be used to make Runewords:

I’ve recently started back playing d2r after 15 years. Long ago I played sword shield ww barbarian. If I remember correctly it was good to have White damage instead of the damage being green from poison or another color, is this still correct?

As a Melee barb should your damage be White max damage or green poison etc….

Also I’ve been seeing a lot about Grief weapons with barbs, why are they so good compared to a Fury? Back in the day I used Fury BB with storm shield and White max damage and it was really good for pvp. What’s the current alpha build and why?

Thanks,
Svperbeast
By the color of the damage, I assume you're talking about the number in the character sheet?

If yes, unfortunately, the color isn't as relevant because the number is wrong anyway. The character sheet is incorrect in how it calculates damage. Poison damage added to physical damage attacks are one of the situations in which this is true.

Grief is actually a perfect example of this. A minimum rolled Grief gives +340 damage. That damage on the character sheet will look like trash compared to even much lower runewords.

However--without getting stuck in the math too much--that damage applies to min and max damage in. So, a minimum roll Grief
Phase Blade
, which has garbage 31-35 damage will now have 371-375 damage, which will then multiply with %ED into crazy high numbers. Grief is even better than Breath of the Dying in most situations, if not all afaik (which sucks because I love botd </3), and Botd has up to +400% damage. And Grief only costs a
Lo
rune. Compared to that, Fury and most other melee weapons are just worse is every way.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...