Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
19 replies   22122 views

*Drumroll*

You may select 1 option

Total votes: 8

Which second weapon works best for a Act 5 Merc? Cannot decide...

No data yet

Description

I use Lawbringer for his offhand, and now i'm torn between Grief and Unbending Will (All Swords are Phase Blades ofc).

So Unbending or Grief ? And why?
Description by BestUsernameEver

Can be used to make Runewords:

I use Lawbringer for his offhand, and now i'm torn between Grief and Unbending Will (All Swords are Phase Blades ofc).

So Unbending or Grief ? And why?

Sean 32

Barbarian Americas PC
Grief for the raw damage.

What char is that merc for?

On workdays I am generally available for trade from 19:00 CET to 23:00 CET. Weekends variable.
DON'T ADD ME ON BNET WITHOUT POSTING HERE! I WILL NOT ACCEPT FRIEND REQUESTS FROM STRANGERS.
On the other hand, add me after you bid ;)
OP
Verband wrote: 1 year ago
What char is that merc for?
For my Zealot Paladin
How about Might Act 2 merc?

Relax and have fun!
BestUsernameEver wrote: 1 year ago
(All Swords are Phase Blades ofc).
Why would you socket Unbending Will into a
Phase Blade
? It has really bad damage. I'd socket it into a
Colossus Blade
You can also give your merc a second Lawbringer :D

On workdays I am generally available for trade from 19:00 CET to 23:00 CET. Weekends variable.
DON'T ADD ME ON BNET WITHOUT POSTING HERE! I WILL NOT ACCEPT FRIEND REQUESTS FROM STRANGERS.
OP
(All Swords are Phase Blades ofc).
Why would you socket Unbending Will into a
Phase Blade
? It has really bad damage. I'd socket it into a
Colossus Blade
You can also give your merc a second Lawbringer :D
I'm not such a huge pro yet since it's my fourth week of D2 ever (Though PoE Veteran here) but as far as i understood the
Phase Blade
is the fastest sword in general, and i thought speed + LL sounds just right, and i also thought i might want to be able to use the Lawbringer maybe as swap weapon too (indestructible seems to be also a massive plus) on a another char without the need to craft more Lawbringers :D

PLUS: Lawbringer has no ED so it looks like it doesn't scale in any form with the base damage of any base weapon.
Lawbringer in
Phase Blade
is good because of
Decrepify
procs and the added fire damage per hit.
Grief in
Phase Blade
is good because it adds flat damage onto your weapon damage.
For any runeword with % Enhanced Damage you need to find a compromise between weapon speed and weapon ias.

OP
Lawbringer in
Phase Blade
is good because of
Decrepify
Grief in
Phase Blade
For any runeword with % Enhanced Damage you need to find a compromise between weapon speed and weapon ias.
Do auras of two Lawbringers stack? Like can it be achieved to have a Level 36
Sanctuary Aura
? And is the Proc rate doubled for
Decrepify
this way?

Sean 32

Barbarian Americas PC
Lawbringer in
Phase Blade
is good because of
Decrepify
Grief in
Phase Blade
Sanctuary Aura
Decrepify
this way?
The auras should stack such that you get 1 aura at a level equal to the sum of all sources of that aura. For example, some paladins will stack a very high
Holy Shock
aura that way by using Dream in both the head and shield slots. I've even seen people who equip the dual wielding act 5 mercs with 2 Last Wish swords for a very high level might aura.

Decrepify
would have the same proc chance per hit, so dual wielding 2 lawbringers would give your merc twice as many proc chances over time.

OP
Sean wrote: 1 year ago
Lawbringer in
Phase Blade
is good because of
Decrepify
Grief in
Phase Blade
Sanctuary Aura
Decrepify
this way?
The auras should stack such that you get 1 aura at a level equal to the sum of all sources of that aura. For example, some paladins will stack a very high
Holy Shock
aura that way by using Dream in both the head and shield slots. I've even seen people who equip the dual wielding act 5 mercs with 2 Last Wish swords for a very high level might aura.

Decrepify
would have the same proc chance per hit, so dual wielding 2 lawbringers would give your merc twice as many proc chances over time.
I hoped someone says that two won't stack, now i have to farm again Runes and a another
Phase Blade
with three sockets ... THANK YOU VERY MUCH :/ :D
The question is: Why would you want a high level
Sanctuary Aura
? Afaik it removes immunities even at level one.
Additionally, The life leech is very bad for those weapons.
And your merc has your Fanatism aura, giving him high attack speed and enhancing his physical damage. I'd go for Unbending Will, Oath, Death, Breath of the Dying or Grief and wear some life leech helmet.

I think that act 5 merc can t equip a 2 hand sword like
Colossus Sword
with another one, unlike your barb char would. They can wield only one 2 hand sword. Said that, i d give him a Grief over Unbending Will, but i would suggest, as aforementioned, to go for an act 2 might merc with a reaper's toll to couple with a zealer

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
Steccothal wrote: 1 year ago
Colossus Sword
with another one, unlike your barb char would. They can wield only one 2 hand sword. Said that, i d give him a Grief over Unbending Will, but i would suggest, as aforementioned, to go for an act 2 might merc with a reaper's toll to couple with a zealer
Oh yeah right, I keep forgetting that they can't wear two handed swords... I agree with Steccothal ^^

OP
Colossus Sword
It might sound now like something which goes totally against the mainstream opinion about A2 mercs but i found that the they were pure trash except in combination with my Summonmancer. The Barb on the Other hand survives better (7k+ def, hello!) and provides IMHO better utility via auras and debuffs as a dualwielder especially against physical immune monsters, and it seems Hell is stuffed with phys immune mosters.
Eth
Headstriker
is great option if it's upped.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
question in between: can an a5 merc use an
Axe
and a sword at the same time?

Sean 32

Barbarian Americas PC
Last Wish and Lawbringer would be the best combination IMO, because you would get better group utility from having 2 auras. Might and
Sanctuary Aura
are useful to both you and the merc.

The only problem is that the runes for Last Wish can make it cost prohibitive. A merc running around with said runeword would be better geared than many players' best characters.

Grief is BiS by far for raw damage, but it offers almost no PVE utility.

Crispin wrote: 1 year ago
Axe
They can t equip axes at all

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
Crispin wrote: 1 year ago
Axe
They can t equip axes at all
oh ok.
thanks.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation