Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
17 replies   21947 views

Description

I've been playing since 2nd week of D2R, got about 20-22 unique ring drop and not a single SOJ or Bul kathos. Whats the drop chance?
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

I've been playing since 2nd week of D2R, got about 20-22 unique ring drop and not a single SOJ or Bul kathos. Whats the drop chance?
Answeredby BillyMaysed2 years agoGo to post
Stone of Jordan has the best chance to drop from Nightmare Andariel at 1:3813 with 0 MF and 1:1617 with 300 MF.

Bul-Kathos' wedding band has the best chance to drop from Hell Andariel at 1:6420 with 0 MF and 1:2721 with 300 MF

So... it could take a minute. xD Source: Silospen's Item Finder

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Stone of Jordan
has the best chance to drop from Nightmare
Andariel
at 1:3813 with 0 MF and 1:1617 with 300 MF.

Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
has the best chance to drop from Hell
Andariel
at 1:6420 with 0 MF and 1:2721 with 300 MF

So... it could take a minute. xD Source: Silospen's Item Finder
This post was marked as the best answer.

I read that for every 59 unique rings there's statistically one SoJ and one BK.

...and 15
Nagelring
and 10
Raven Frost
for comparison.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
I watched a video of someone who farmed 100 unique rings off andy and got I think 3 or 4 soj's. If I recall correctly he said it took just over 2000 runs to get that many rings.

edit: I found it....

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
Magic find in Diablo 2 will not increase your chance to get a certain item, so "1 out of xx" doesn't quite work. However magic find will increase the chance that an item that drops will be of higher magic quality.
It's luck after all.

I made 2-3 SoJ from Hell Andy since release (didn't do 1000 runs for sure :D). Yet I did not drop a single
Shako
or other Uniques that have a much higher "chance" to drop :(.
But hey, that Large Urn gave me a BK so destroy that things, can be worth it.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
jonjonteru wrote: 2 years ago
Iā€™ve found an SOJ but out of 20+ set ammy drops Iā€™ve never found
Tal
rashas amulet (have found armor though), all civerbs / angelic trash tiers.

Itā€™s just RNG brother

Edit to add - have also found 2 Shakos
I've found firts SoJ after 100 runs to Countress (Hell) 86% MF
Second was after 124 runs on
Andariel
(NM) 706% MF

wale 39

Druid PC
jonjonteru wrote: 2 years ago
If you have a unique, unidentified ring that was found in Hell, the odds that it identifies into a
Stone of Jordan
is around 1.7%. x2 if you also want
Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band

Sorceress Americas PC
Fen wrote: 2 years ago
Magic find in Diablo 2 will not increase your chance to get a certain item, so "1 out of xx" doesn't quite work.
Magic Find increases your odds to find all items, so yes it works. It is simply the statistical odds for each item, which are listed by Silospen's Item Finder. Even if something has 10x less odds of dropping, it still has a chance to drop before things that have higher odds. This is why in D2 everyone talks about "the rng gods".

i found 2
Harlequin Crest
's in less than 50
Andariel
runes prior to launch while playing OG D2, and ive done over ten times that since launch and
Andariel
hasn't dropped anything. This is how it works when a lot of items have lottery odd numbers of dropping, some people can do 4,000 runs and get nothing, others can do 40.

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
It kinda does, yes.
However, it does not affect White items but the chance they become magic or higher.

RNG is just a huge factor. But that's what makes trading worthwhile :).

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.

Sorceress Americas PC
Fen wrote: 2 years ago
RNG is just a huge factor. But that's what makes trading worthwhile :).
Ya trading brings most of the enjoyment for the game IMO. Because the ability to trade makes it so even if you find rare/unique items you wont ever use, you can trade them for stuff you need so it makes that joy of finding items infinitely higher. on single player you won't really be happy you found anything besides the exact gear for your character build.

After 5 time kill Andy sry bro xD
I did 1722 runs andri nm with 805 mf and got 35 uni rings and only 2 sojs
Found my first one today in Chaos. I havenā€™t actually actively searched for one as canā€™t bear to see another manald. I had 295mf and audibly gasped. Just good luck I guess. I often wonder if items are pre determined in their unidentified state or whether the game decides as you identity. No way of knowing this I guess

Renton212#2452
denskyGG wrote: 2 years ago
If you remember, how long did it take you to finish all the runs? With the current SOJ prices its starting to become a real possibility.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
denskyGG wrote: 2 years ago
If you remember, how long did it take you to finish all the runs? With the current SOJ prices its starting to become a real possibility.
Yes I have special app for this
Does the app have an English name?
13 hours? not bad!!

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector

Darbon 119

Paladin Europe PC
Renton212 wrote: 2 years ago
Found my first one today in Chaos. I havenā€™t actually actively searched for one as canā€™t bear to see another manald. I had 295mf and audibly gasped. Just good luck I guess. I often wonder if items are pre determined in their unidentified state or whether the game decides as you identity. No way of knowing this I guess
Yes they are determined on the drop, so It doesnt matter if you identify them now or later or with the other character, its set in Stone.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...