Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   664 views

Description

Saw two people last night talking in lobby chat about deliberately low-balling trade offers to newer people.

Be wary of anyone you meet named Flix or Ice Cold. May have been a variation of these names so I'm sorry if I offend someone with a similar name etc. But for people like me who can't get on as much as they want and don't know the proper price for trade items people like this can really ruin the game experience.

Thanks.
Wabbit.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Saw two people last night talking in lobby chat about deliberately low-balling trade offers to newer people.

Be wary of anyone you meet named Flix or Ice Cold. May have been a variation of these names so I'm sorry if I offend someone with a similar name etc. But for people like me who can't get on as much as they want and don't know the proper price for trade items people like this can really ruin the game experience.

Thanks.
Wabbit.

Deckard Cain, NA PC 0

Thanks for pointing them out.
Buggs83Uk wrote: 2 years ago
But for people like me who can't get on as much as they want and don't know the proper price for trade items people like this can really ruin the game experience.

Wabbit.
Are you for real? Do you expect time/knowledge to be free for everything and everyone in the world too? Its your own fault / ignorance and you even victimize yourself like its a good thing.

EnragedN3wb 188Moderator

PC
Unfortunately, I'm not sure this will do much good if these were their names in lobby chat, since names in D2R are not unique. There could be any number of people with the same exact names.

It's always good practice put in the effort to learn the value of anything you are trying to trade beforehand, & always have a healthy dose of skepticism when trading. If it doesn't feel right, don't go through with it until you are sure. You can always try again if you still have your stuff, not so much once it's over.
be careful i had a scammer who tried to get a
Shako
crest unique. they put a gem in it ot make it the color of green always check other sides items.
i wasnt scammed cause i always check
Use this before bidding on anything. Made by long time LOD players right before D2R dropped in order to provide a more historical reference for pricing. Sorta like looking at stock prices over a 20 year period rather than taking stats from prices over a 3 week period.

https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threa ... dder.1953/

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
Yeah that’s not scamming sorry. Predatory and mean. Yeah, but it’s every persons own responsibility to find out the value of there items. Now if they mislead or present under false pretense, or give a fake item then yes it’s scamming.
That's unfortunate, but thanks for the heads up!

Stormlash 345Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
Unnecessary post.

Price is and will always be subjective. We all got low-balled before, and that, it's not scamming. It's taking advantage of someone new/desperate. Yes, you shouldn't be doing it but that doesn't earn you the "Scammer" medal in my book.

It's just defamation without proof at this point. The word "Scammer" is used too lightly these days and it has to stop.

I'm locking this topic.
Thank you.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...