Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   16794 views

Description

Many folks tend to ask the age old question of whether or not this Rare Ring is elite or
Charsi
. I wanted to share a framework that I have personally leveraged in the past as a barometer to help guide those lost souls. Prefacing as always that these frameworks are subjective and will be open to personal interpretation. This is a more PVP oriented approach for scoring ignoring elements such as Leech. While those affixes serve a purpose, they are more geared towards Melee (PvM). However, this scoring can still be applied to both PVP and PVM. Always open to feedback!

Note: Credit to an old friend KFO who helped frame this in the past.

List of Perfect Ring Mods

10% Faster Cast Rate
20 Strength
15 Dexterity
40 Life
90 Mana
120 Attack Rating
9 Replenish Life
11 All Resistances
30 Single Resist
9 Minimum Damage

Additional Theorycraft options that can spawn on rare rings:
[Suffix] 8% Life Stolen | 6% Mana Stolen | 12 Max Damage | 40% Gold Find | 15% Magic Find

[*] Rare Rings can have 3 suffix mods and 3 prefix mods. Suffixes are KEY to a good ring. You really really want 3 of them - think FCR, Strength, and Life as examples.

[*] Each mod on your ring can give you up to 1 full point with 6 being the maximum a rare ring can achieve

[*] Give 1 full point to any mod that is 66% or higher of the maximum value it can spawn (note: Ignoring bad mods such as stamina we are not counting in our equation)

[*] Give 1/2 point to any mod that is 33-66% of the maximum value it can spawn (e.g., 7-13 strength would be given a 1/2 point)

Example

10 FCR / 120 AR / 15 STR / 20 Life / CR 18% / LR 27%

- 10 FCR = 1
- 120 AR = 1
- 15 STR = 1
- 20 Life = .5
- 18 CR = .5
- 27 LR = 1

[*] This is a 5 Point Ring

Elite or
Charsi

[ < = 3.5 ] 99% of the time
Charsi
(unless very early start of ladder)
[ 4 Points ] Usable, but borderline sellable
[ 4.5 Points ] Good Ring
[ 5 Points ] Great Ring
[ 5.5 Points ] Elite Ring
[ 6 Points ] One of top rings on Ladder

Hope folks found this useful @BillyMaysed - if enough folks like this feel free to add this somewhere in the guides segment
Description by Th3ory

Can be used to make Runewords:

Th3ory 411

Paladin Americas PC
Many folks tend to ask the age old question of whether or not this Rare Ring is elite or
Charsi
. I wanted to share a framework that I have personally leveraged in the past as a barometer to help guide those lost souls. Prefacing as always that these frameworks are subjective and will be open to personal interpretation. This is a more PVP oriented approach for scoring ignoring elements such as Leech. While those affixes serve a purpose, they are more geared towards Melee (PvM). However, this scoring can still be applied to both PVP and PVM. Always open to feedback!

Note: Credit to an old friend KFO who helped frame this in the past.

List of Perfect Ring Mods

10% Faster Cast Rate
20 Strength
15 Dexterity
40 Life
90 Mana
120 Attack Rating
9 Replenish Life
11 All Resistances
30 Single Resist
9 Minimum Damage

Additional Theorycraft options that can spawn on rare rings:
[Suffix] 8% Life Stolen | 6% Mana Stolen | 12 Max Damage | 40% Gold Find | 15% Magic Find

[*] Rare Rings can have 3 suffix mods and 3 prefix mods. Suffixes are KEY to a good ring. You really really want 3 of them - think FCR, Strength, and Life as examples.

[*] Each mod on your ring can give you up to 1 full point with 6 being the maximum a rare ring can achieve

[*] Give 1 full point to any mod that is 66% or higher of the maximum value it can spawn (note: Ignoring bad mods such as stamina we are not counting in our equation)

[*] Give 1/2 point to any mod that is 33-66% of the maximum value it can spawn (e.g., 7-13 strength would be given a 1/2 point)

Example

10 FCR / 120 AR / 15 STR / 20 Life / CR 18% / LR 27%

- 10 FCR = 1
- 120 AR = 1
- 15 STR = 1
- 20 Life = .5
- 18 CR = .5
- 27 LR = 1

[*] This is a 5 Point Ring

Elite or
Charsi

[ < = 3.5 ] 99% of the time
Charsi
(unless very early start of ladder)
[ 4 Points ] Usable, but borderline sellable
[ 4.5 Points ] Good Ring
[ 5 Points ] Great Ring
[ 5.5 Points ] Elite Ring
[ 6 Points ] One of top rings on Ladder

Hope folks found this useful @BillyMaysed - if enough folks like this feel free to add this somewhere in the guides segment

Thanks, but what about dual leech. For physical build arent dual leech pretty awesome especially with some other good mods?
OP

Th3ory 411

Paladin Americas PC
RMac85 wrote: 2 years ago
Thanks, but what about dual leech. For physical build arent dual leech pretty awesome especially with some other good mods?
Yes - always a useful mod and much more PVM focused. My framework skews slightly more to PVP. However, there is a more specific reason I didn't mention dual leech especially. If and when you have moderate to high dual leech you are generally looking at a possible 90+ lvl requirement to equip. Definitely can be a more end-game style ring, but as we all can appreciate takes a lot of time, energy, and patience to do so.

When in doubt, Dual stacked mods with Str/Dex and Life are (at least in my opinion) always the primary preferences.

Edit: I will plan to add those in just so they are listed possibilities - fair points. I may even want to consider a Caster vs. Melee split to help showcase optimal pathways

Accurate and concise, though missing some more useful examples. Also, I'm not sure how necessary "Ladder" in the title is. PvP is a non-ladder thing for the most part — for obvious reasons. Also, not sure PvP should be the only evaluation prism of any item guide: very, very few people engage in PvP, and oh so many PvE players will find rings that they'll not know whether they're good or not for them. In the PvE context, replenish life and +min damage are pretty much useless, +mana is almost useless.
I use
Charsi
Food calculator (https://d2charsifood.com/) not only for rings and for me it works pretty well.
OP

Th3ory 411

Paladin Americas PC
iamergo wrote: 2 years ago
Accurate and concise, though missing some more useful examples. Also, I'm not sure how necessary "Ladder" in the title is. PvP is a non-ladder thing for the most part — for obvious reasons. Also, not sure PvP should be the only evaluation prism of any item guide: very, very few people engage in PvP, and oh so many PvE players will find rings that they'll not know whether they're good or not for them. In the PvE context, replenish life and +min damage are pretty much useless, +mana is almost useless.
Ladder does matter over time and seasons. That is, NL becomes more plentiful with elite rings as the seasons reset ergo why I am calling out Ladder especially in the first technical season 4/28. Appreciate the commentary. As I called out you want 3 key suffixes in an ideal state which would be FCR, STR, and Life. I never insinuated that specific affixes are "useful", I highlighted perfect mods on a ring and how to score them; many sorcs would take 90 mana on a ring very early on in ladder.

When in doubt you go for FCR, Attack Rating, Strength/Dex, Life, and resist modifiers on any key ring. Leech can be a decent variable mod, but only applies to Melee builds so I tend to personally ignore those. Leech is simply a nice to have.

Updated some of the wording at the top to be more objective. Thanks!

OP

Th3ory 411

Paladin Americas PC
k88lech wrote: 2 years ago
I use
Charsi
Food calculator (https://d2charsifood.com/) not only for rings and for me it works pretty well.
Yup - another resource in the open you can use. If anything, can compare and contrast. My framework is more concise and simple to evaluate the "eye check" vs. having to manually curate and input in a calculator. Thanks for posting bud.

Using D2Charsifoods framework it is also aligning to the framework above and highlighting the distinctions between a PVP vs. PVM friendly ring - see below:

Deleted User 632 0

came across KFO's version of the rare ring guide
Rare Ring Guide For Dummies™
OP

Th3ory 411

Paladin Americas PC
Udyret wrote: 2 years ago
came across KFO's version of the rare ring guide
Rare Ring Guide For Dummies™
Yup - him and I spoke through this a millennia ago! Why I gave him proper necessary credit at the top. Really multiple ways you can skin the cat on this; always used it for all my ring evaluations.

While I am certainly not advocating for JSP's usage or the accumulation of FG - Laz's tool also does at minimum validate using his methods if he would deem a piece of jewelry including rings Keepable or
Charsi
. Between this framework (quick eye), D2Charsi, and Laz's tools, one can get a three layered assessment into the value of the ring.

I made a calculator for this a few years ago!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...