Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   8688 views

Description

I’m looking for recommendations for a ww barb weapon. I don’t like colossal
Blade
looks. Prefer zerk or PB. Was thinking Grief with Death or ebotd. I see guides online suggesting runewords but no explanation on why you would choose a specific weapon base over another for each. Is edotd or Death in a phase blades viable? Or waste of the indestructible stat and lower damage.

I already have a Grief pb hence why I was looking at pbs. But if there’s a good reason to switch I love the zerk look and might pick up a Grief zerk instead.

Currently not using a second weapon, using storm shield and Grief for survival until I get better armor and off hand weapon.
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

I’m looking for recommendations for a ww barb weapon. I don’t like colossal
Blade
looks. Prefer zerk or PB. Was thinking Grief with Death or ebotd. I see guides online suggesting runewords but no explanation on why you would choose a specific weapon base over another for each. Is edotd or Death in a phase blades viable? Or waste of the indestructible stat and lower damage.

I already have a Grief pb hence why I was looking at pbs. But if there’s a good reason to switch I love the zerk look and might pick up a Grief zerk instead.

Currently not using a second weapon, using storm shield and Grief for survival until I get better armor and off hand weapon.

BillyMaysed 2185Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Azer-Archon wrote: 2 years ago
Is edotd or Death in a phase blades viable? Or waste of the indestructible stat and lower damage.
Yes "ebotd" is Ethereal Breath of the Dying. Because what makes it so OP is that you can use an
Eth
base for way more dmg.

Phase Blade
is typically the best base for Grief because it has a speed indicator of [-30] and is indestructible. Where as the
Berserker Axe
has base speed of [0] and can get annoying to repair. Huge difference in base speed. However, per Queegon's reminder below, if your Grief rolls 34%+ IAS then you'll reach the max cap for attacks per second with WW, which is unchanged even with new IAS tables.

See new "broken" IAS tables in This Video Here

BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago

Yes "ebotd" is Ethereal Breath of the Dying. Because what makes it so OP is that you can use an
Eth
base for way more dmg.

Phase Blade
is the best base for Grief because it has a speed indicator of [-30]. where as the
Berserker Axe
has [0]. Huge difference in base speed.
Huge difference in speed which doesn't matter for WW Barb. Barb will reach max aps with
Berserker Axe
at 34%IAS (
Phase Blade
at 4%IAS), botd has 60% base. Problem would be repairing the
Berserker Axe
Grief, the durability goes down fast and is annoying to deal with.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)

Sorceress Americas PC
Queegon wrote: 2 years ago
Huge difference in speed which doesn't matter for WW Barb. Barb will reach max aps with
Berserker Axe
at 34%IAS (
Phase Blade
at 4%IAS)
Really? Did you use the IAS calc for that? Haven't used it for WW specifically.

But wouldn't that still mean if you rolled a 30-33% Grief in a
Berserker Axe
you wouldnt reach it? lol.

OP
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
Is edotd or Death in a phase blades viable? Or waste of the indestructible stat and lower damage.
Eth
base for way more dmg.

Phase Blade
is the best base for Grief because it has a speed indicator of [-30]. where as the
Berserker Axe
has [0]. Huge difference in base speed.
Doesn’t zerk have a longer range? Does it affect ww? Should I just get a second Grief pb and get my ml/ll and crushing blow elsewhere?
Yes, you need to roll a Grief
Berserker Axe
at 34%+ but you can't realistically wield a Grief
Phase Blade
+
Berserker Axe
BotD since it's two different weapon classes for mastery purposes. Choose double Grief
Phase Blade
or Grief+BotD Axes.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)

Sorceress Americas PC
Yes, you need to roll a Grief
Berserker Axe
at 34%+ but you can't realistically wield a Grief
Phase Blade
+
Berserker Axe
BotD since it's two different weapon classes for mastery purposes. Choose double Grief
Phase Blade
or Grief+BotD Axes.
Have you used the new broken IAS tables for your calculations? the IAS tables have been changed and also increased in D2R:

As far as the broken IAS calc goes, nothing changed regarding WW. You still hit a cap of 4 frames per attack.

Sorceress Americas PC
As far as the broken IAS calc goes, nothing changed regarding WW. You still hit a
Cap of 4 frames per attack.
What would you need to hit the next cap for WW? seems like 2.2 is the new max. Or i guess you'd need like 100 ias on your wpn? lol

@BillyMaysed
Nothing, WW works the same as before. The 4 frames max from D2L still applies and works the way it did.

"
Whirlwind
is confirmed correct for Barbarian." citation from the bugged speed calculator.

Sorceress Americas PC
Nothing, WW works the same as before. The 4 frames max from D2L still applies and works the way it did.
Lame. WW is still fun, but every other class got a huge glow-up for melee with the new IAS tables. Like the assassin's fireblast. crazy OP with new IAS BPs lol. pewpewpew

OP
So Breath of the Dying is a waste on pb? Is there another good (reasonably priced) rune word for a pb besides Grief. I have runes for a Breath of the Dying but not a second Grief.

Sorceress Americas PC
So Breath of the Dying is a waste on pb? Is there another good (reasonably priced) rune word for a pb besides Grief. I have runes for a Breath of the Dying but not a second Grief.
Well actually... you do lol. Just hold any weapon with 0 durability in your off-hand and itll copy the stats of Grief. Just get a throwing weapon and throw to 0 then equip. Another user just posted about it here: forums/duo-grief-glitch-for-barbarian-t520788.html

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
eBotD on a 2H weapon (like a
Colossus Blade
) has a slight range advantage but dual Grief PB (or Grief PB + a broken weapon) is the superior choice in term of raw damage.
BotD on a PB however doesn't make any sense since you are losing both on raw damage and WW range.
OP
Is the Death runeword worth running on off hand on Ww? Most likely in a
Eth
Colossus Blade
/sword. gonna give up on the dual pb idea.

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
I LOVE my Edeath CS. The CB+DS is great for PvM.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...