Description

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Pretty impressive... had a look and a Hell Cow drops
Shako
1 in 1.6million times =)

LockeDown wrote: 2 years ago
brekol wrote: 2 years ago
What if I am looking for etheral bases for runewords. Should I target 0 (zero) magic find ?
That is my understanding yes and I think cows is great for looking for bases. Ironically I remember finding my first
Shako
doing Hell cows looking for bases with 0 MF.
Every guide or mention about
Ancient Tunnels
I see mentions no COLD IMMUNES can spawn. When I run it I encounter them once in a while. What gives?
Magicos wrote: 2 years ago
Ancient Tunnels
I see mentions no COLD IMMUNES can spawn. When I run it I encounter them once in a while. What gives?
Most likely elite monsters rolling resistance/cold enchanted as a modifier. Should be no natural cold immune monsters.
OP

BillyMaysed 2187Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Magicos wrote: 2 years ago
Ancient Tunnels
Trazgoth wrote: 2 years ago
Most likely elite monsters rolling resistance/cold enchanted as a modifier. Should be no natural cold immune monsters.
^What Trazgoth said.

For instance with the
Fire Wall
sorceress, you can farm the council members in Durance lvl 3 right before
Mephisto
. They are not naturally fire immune, however, an elite CAN spawn with an "immune to fire" modifier. i just skip those specific mobs.

BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago

^What Trazgoth said.

For instance with the
Fire Wall
sorceress, you can farm the council members in Durance lvl 3 right before
Mephisto
. They are not naturally fire immune, however, an elite CAN spawn with an "immune to fire" modifier. i just skip those specific mobs.
With
Fire Wall
sorceress is better to have
Frozen Orb
and Ice Bold maxed and a point in
Cold Mastery
. It does wonders. Adding points into
Inferno
is crap, you only get a measly 20%.
Fire Wall
with 20 points in
Warmth
does tons of damage. Any boss except ubers / clone disappears in seconds. Only
Baal
takes a bit longer. The down side of Firewall is that it takes a lot of time getting used to targeting with it and it takes a long time to cast and adds a large cooldown until you can cast anything again.
brekol wrote: 2 years ago
What if I am looking for etheral bases for runewords. Should I target 0 (zero) magic find ?
Yes this is correct.
Thank you very much!! I've been struggling so hard because I couldn't drop any MF charm, but I never thought about the
Topaz
socketed items! ♥
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
Luis wrote: 2 years ago
Thank you very much!! I've been struggling so hard because I couldn't drop any MF charm, but I never thought about the
Topaz
socketed items! ♥
ya man theres a lot of cool cheap things that can really boost your MF by a lot, like the
Gull
dagger you can gamble or find pretty easily for 100 MF, or the angelic set bonus for 50 MF per ring. :D

Just a small tip to add to suggested gear (for merc), Insight and a
Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
or
Vampire Gaze
socketed with Ptopaz is a great option, and not too expensive at all. That'll give 47 MF that will add to the character's total if you let the merc deal the killing blow.

y2kid 109

PC
Topaz
socketed items! ♥
ya man theres a lot of cool cheap things that can really boost your MF by a lot, like the
Gull
dagger you can gamble or find pretty easily for 100 MF, or the angelic set bonus for 50 MF per ring. :D

A good way to find
Gull
(maybe not on your first character) is to gamble with a level 11 character. I think when someone did the maths it was 1
Gull
on every 2M spent gambling on avg. So if you have money, want the
Dagger
and drop rng isn't nice to you. You can always turn to your friendly act 1 vendor
Gheed
and he'll do the magic.

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
halflife wrote: 2 years ago
or
Vampire Gaze
socketed with Ptopaz is a great option, and not too expensive at all. That'll give 47 MF that will add to the character's total if you let the merc deal the killing blow.
There, i added a little Merc gear section based on your suggestions. Thanks man!

Is there anything about more or less / better or worse charms dropping with more or less mf?

Guess I can skip the better/worse part, but what about the more or less?
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
KanePortnoy wrote: 2 years ago
Is there anything about more or less / better or worse charms dropping with more or less mf?

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking? Maybe ive been smoking too much, but this reads like a riddle. lol

Are you asking about the MF ranges i have on charms? I put the possible ranges that they can drop with based on the D2 affix page. So small charms can drop with 3-7 possible MF, large charms are weirdly less with 1-6. then GCs are 1-12 possible MF.

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking? Maybe ive been smoking too much, but this reads like a riddle. lol

Are you asking about the MF ranges i have on charms? I put the possible ranges that they can drop with based on the D2 affix page. So small charms can drop with 3-7 possible MF, large charms are weirdly less with 1-6. then GCs are 1-12 possible MF.
Sorry, to specify it down :) :
- does MF has an influence in how many charms drop? Or is it with charms as with runes, they drop aside of regular items?
- second part I more or less retracted, as I could answer myself. That was, if the % of MF has impact on the quality of the charms, which due to RNG should not be the case.

Hope that makes it more clear :)
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
Hope that makes it more clear :)
Ah okay. Well Magic Find only increases item quality, not the number or type of anything specific dropping. You can consult the Item Finder to find out exactly where certain items drop, but for Charms its pretty random. Typically The
Secret Cow Level
is the best place simply because you kill lots of mobs.

y2kid wrote: 2 years ago
Topaz
socketed items! ♥
Gull

A good way to find
Gull
(maybe not on your first character) is to gamble with a level 11 character. I think when someone did the maths it was 1
Gull
Dagger
and drop rng isn't nice to you. You can always turn to your friendly act 1 vendor
Gheed
and he'll do the magic.
2M from a level 11 character? for fresh players that's a tough one especially act 1 mobs drop less than 100 gold lol

better off to try their luck with Cold Crow.
halflife wrote: 2 years ago
or
Vampire Gaze
There, i added a little Merc gear section based on your suggestions. Thanks man!
image.png
Thank you for the awesome guide in the first place. Keep up the good work!

y2kid 109

PC
annoynimous wrote: 2 years ago

Gull

A good way to find
Gull
Gull
Dagger
Gheed
and he'll do the magic.
2M from a level 11 character? for fresh players that's a tough one especially act 1 mobs drop less than 100 gold lol

better off to try their luck with Cold Crow.
Which is exactly why I said probably not on your first char. But also it's all rng in the end and what takes 200 tries for one might take 2 attempts for another. If I want a
Gull
I'd always spend most of my money when I hit 11 gambling anyway since I don't need gold that early on.

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
Which is exactly why I said probably not on your first char. But also it's all rng in the end and what takes 200 tries for one might take 2 attempts for another. If I want a
Gull
I'd always spend most of my money when I hit 11 gambling anyway since I don't need gold that early on.
Ya def a 2nd character thing, the odds on the
Gull
dagger gamble is what, 1:2000 chance? ive seen people get it in just a few hundred thousand gold, and others taken over 10 million. The odds are around half of what a
Shako
dropping is. xD

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation