Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
2 replies   85 views

Description

Build from: https://www.icy-veins.com/d2/foh-smiter-paladin-build
This version that doesn't worry about lightning damage frees up quite a few skill points from
Conviction
& FOH synergies, so it works well with
Smite
as a secondary

I personally like to one-point-wonder
Redemption
, even though it takes 4 prerequisites

The question is: once
Holy Bolt
& FOH are maxed, what is the best order for topping up
Smite
Holy Shield
, and
Fanaticism
? I don't think I found the same answer twice, from all the sites I checked haha

Is it straight forward, max one, max the next, max the last (and what's the order, if so?)... Or is it best to jump around and bring them up together? Or alternate two, and leave the third for last?

Like I said, couldn't find consensus, and doing the calculations (base damage, +% damage, attack speed, etc. Is beyond me hahaha)

Thanks as always, and GL out there!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Build from: https://www.icy-veins.com/d2/foh-smiter-paladin-build
This version that doesn't worry about lightning damage frees up quite a few skill points from
Conviction
& FOH synergies, so it works well with
Smite
as a secondary

I personally like to one-point-wonder
Redemption
, even though it takes 4 prerequisites

Holy Bolt
Smite
Holy Shield
, and
Fanaticism
? I don't think I found the same answer twice, from all the sites I checked haha

Is it straight forward, max one, max the next, max the last (and what's the order, if so?)... Or is it best to jump around and bring them up together? Or alternate two, and leave the third for last?

Like I said, couldn't find consensus, and doing the calculations (base damage, +% damage, attack speed, etc. Is beyond me hahaha)

Thanks as always, and GL out there!

Note: My ladder Bnet ID is in the Discord location of my profile; copy this to add me for trades. PC & Switch Available.
It depends on your gear, on your playing style and so on.
For example, if you use smiter for Uber only then you can change gear for Uber. If you want smiter as backup for boss/immune then you don’t want to change gear. Your gear setup won’t be the same for both cases.
You want enough
Fanaticism
to reach breakpoints.
Holy Shield
is when you want more blocking.

Relax and have fun!

Schnorki 3747Moderator

PC
Shooter wrote: 3 hours ago
[..]
Holy Bolt
Smite
Holy Shield
, and
Fanaticism

[..]
If you're worried about the order of it, you're inherently still talking about leveling.

Typically, that's the one point in time where survivability might still be an issue which is why - personally - I'd go with 1 pt in fana +
Smite
and then max
Holy Shield
first. It does add to your
Smite
dmg as well but first and foremost it massively boosts your defensive capabilities at that stage.

Similarly, smiting at that stage kinda sucks in general (thanks to typically still a lack of core smiter items). As a result you'll likely rely far more heavily on your merc while lvling than you do on your own
Smite
dmg. And because of that, I for one would focus on
Fanaticism
before
Smite
next. Still offers you some offensive benefit but more than that it boosts your merc further.

Once that's done, finish up
Smite

Adding to the above, realistically, you'll only use
Smite
on bosses and stuff that isn't hurt by the FoH
Bolts
which is a fraction of what you come up against. Another reason to focus on
Smite
last and get the stuff that always helps first.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation