Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
175 replies   71553 views

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

anyone willing to help me kill him?

I really need to build something that can take him if he's gonna spawn everynight lol

Schnorki 3235Moderator

PC
Sevrence, you can add me. I can take him out for you.
Schnorki#1168

Side note:
14/20/10 and 16/18/6
Not gonna complain there.

But man, there's a lot of pugs out for this... :D
17/12/7 here. My 3rd anni in 2 days lol. It does seem strange to be getting so many
Diablo Clone
walks in such a short time, but as someone who never had a hope of seeing one before the changes I'm pretty happy with how things are.
Guys, maybe a noob question :

If you get a Dclone spawn in your online private game ... you can switch chars and kill him, right? The game stays open I believe, but I'm not sure for how long(the exact numbers).

I read something about fresh games dissapearing kinda fast, and the 'permanent' games dissapearing after a couple of minutes or so. I was wondering if the exact timers are well known and you can switch chars without the risk of loosing the game .. or you are better off asking someone to join your game and help you.

Schnorki 3235Moderator

PC
darkkiss wrote: 2 years ago

If you get a Dclone spawn in your online private game ... you can switch chars and kill him, right? The game stays open I believe, but I'm not sure for how long(the exact numbers).

I read something about fresh games dissapearing kinda fast, and the 'permanent' games dissapearing after a couple of minutes or so. I was wondering if the exact timers are well known and you can switch chars without the risk of loosing the game .. or you are better off asking someone to join your game and help you.
After the discussion on game timings briefly picked up again last night, I actually did some testing and found the following to be true reliably:
If you create a game, it is permed (i.e. stays open after leaving) immediately. Even if you create and then immediately leave the game, without waiting any noteworthy amount of time.
That "insta-perm" let's call it applies to one game and one game only. As soon as you create a second game, your first game disappears (assuming it is empty) and your second game now gets insta-permed. If you do not however create a different game, you can switch chars and rejoin your prior game all you like, over and over again.

The one thing I did not bother testing is just how long you can stay out of that game before it closes but it is definitely long enough to leisurely switch characters.

Feel free to test that yourself.

That having been said, the safer route is always to get help from a trusty source. Typically, if you just ask for a hand here, someone will come and bail you out without you having to risk your game. I for one am more than happy to assist during any walk where I am online, if you just want to wait for a few minutes while I clear up mine and take care of pre-booked assists.
@Schnorki appreciate the clarifications!

Though at some point would like to kill him myself(switching chars) ... I'll go for the safest route and ask for help, should I get lucky to get a spawn.

Cheers!

Schnorki 3235Moderator

PC
@Schnorki appreciate the clarifications!

Though at some point would like to kill him myself(switching chars) ... I'll go for the safest route and ask for help, should I get lucky to get a spawn.

Cheers!
Well, you do get a heads up. You could always switch to your smiter (or whatever you want to use) as the region hits stage 5. Typically, the wait to spawn after that shouldn't be all too long (even though it felt like forever this morning ^^ - about half an hour I think it was). And that way, you don't need to switch games and risk losing a spawn.
I left the game open last night and went to bed... private game for myself. woke up, went to act 5, went to visit shenk and we killed him dclone with ease. ty
norseman81 wrote: 2 years ago
I left the game open last night and went to bed... private game for myself. woke up, went to act 5, went to visit shenk and we killed him dclone with ease. ty
So is it possible to do and will there be a
Diablo Clone
? I'm afraid I'll never see him because of work and I have to sleep sometimes.
Moondew wrote: 2 years ago
Diablo Clone
I feel if your game stays open and he spawns in it, when you come back he should be there because i don't think he dissapears unless the game itself goes away.

I've been hit or miss on this though because I tried leaving the game open and sometimes i come home and its at the load screen. other times i come home and i'm standing in my game still.

Online mostly between the hours of 7pm to 12am EST ( US)

Schnorki 3235Moderator

PC
Aye, you can just stay afk in a private game all night/while at work to cash in on the walk.

Assuming you picked the right region that is. Though so far, it seems to be Americas, Americas, Americas, Americas and..surprise..Americas. Not too unexpected since most folks globally seem to play there due to lack of "home population". But Europe and Asia are (very) slowly creeping up in stage so they're bound to trigger eventually as well.

Naturally, that only works if your internet connection doesn't crap out on you in the middle of it. :)

Th3ory 432

Paladin Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago

After the discussion on game timings briefly picked up again last night, I actually did some testing and found the following to be true reliably:
If you create a game, it is permed (i.e. stays open after leaving) immediately. Even if you create and then immediately leave the game, without waiting any noteworthy amount of time.
That "insta-perm" let's call it applies to one game and one game only. As soon as you create a second game, your first game disappears (assuming it is empty) and your second game now gets insta-permed. If you do not however create a different game, you can switch chars and rejoin your prior game all you like, over and over again.

The one thing I did not bother testing is just how long you can stay out of that game before it closes but it is definitely long enough to leisurely switch characters.

Feel free to test that yourself.

That having been said, the safer route is always to get help from a trusty source. Typically, if you just ask for a hand here, someone will come and bail you out without you having to risk your game. I for one am more than happy to assist during any walk where I am online, if you just want to wait for a few minutes while I clear up mine and take care of pre-booked assists.
Confirming this is accurate - was discussed by the devs early on for D2R on games finally being perm which was a godsend. I also think they elongated or removed item poofs from being on the Ground or at minimum extended it. My mind is a bit hazy/vague on that part, but I do recall something being deliberated by the devs.

Also @teebling for Prez! Know it can be irritating to deal with "gating" and registered users only, but as they say Si VIs Pacum Parabellum....If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Moondew wrote: 2 years ago
Diablo Clone
that's exactly what happened.. i walked up on eldritch... and he became
Diablo Clone
.. we walked down to shenk and it was quick 30 seconds and he was dead... :p
Having been out for so long, how is the new Dclone experience? Had some fun with PTR but real life stuff got in the way. It seems that getting annis is indeed more common now.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
not to beat a dead horse but someone is just making dclone 5/6 on repeat. seems like a lot of work just to be a minor annoyance to everyone.
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
Having been out for so long, how is the new Dclone experience? Had some fun with PTR but real life stuff got in the way. It seems that getting annis is indeed more common now.
I am okay with it especially when compared to the last system. I've never had dclone on d2r after many many attempts and being a part of the coordinated effort.

On the flip side, ive done dclone twice since patch and have 2 annis. People are upset that its too easy/too common, but they the option of not doing dclone when it spawns.

Khegan 377

Trolls will most likely continue messing with the progress counters until registration becomes a requirement. After that, I suppose abusers will be blacklisted (or banned/suspended) from the tool.
Pretty sure most of the trolling is intended to get SOJ sales. I don't think it works very well, but there's a sucker born every minute.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

Schnorki 3235Moderator

PC
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
4 nights since patch, 5 annis in that time. Can't really complain about that rate being too low. :)
We shall see how long it can keep going like that.

As for the trolling:
That'll be addressed soon. It is on Teeb's radar.
i play one hour per day and the tracker is so much important for me (havent found dclone since 2.4 release), so just put the name who change the progress so we can see who is the troll.

Schnorki 3235Moderator

PC
More likely than not, that wouldn't tell you anything. That's because the original thought was to maximize participation (so it has a chance of becoming useful) which in turn resulted in an original design that is open to guests and not just members of this site. The name of any such guest troll would hence simply be "guest", leaving you with a few billion possible people to choose from. :)

This will be changed soon(ish) so that only site members can change the status in the tracker.

For one, we may have severely underestimated just how active folks are indeed participating (thanks once again for that!). As such, we should be just fine with only members updating it.

And for another, adding that limitation means any future troll has to be registered, in turn allowing Teeb to track him down and restrict his access accordingly.

We all know the current level of trolling is annoying AF. Especially right now as some super persistent swamp dweller seems to be faking Americas-5 every few seconds. (It is still at stage 1, no panic-logging needed)

Try to hold on a bit longer until Teeb has returned and has gotten around to implementing the guest lockout. That should solve most (if not all) of the current trolling problems and turn it into the tool we all want it to be.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation