Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   623 views

Anyone know how to stop the connection issue when swapping chars?

No data yet

Description

I find that if I swap chars and create games close to one another then I get a connection issue and I have to quit the game and join again to resolve it.

Anyone else getting this and know a workaround?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I find that if I swap chars and create games close to one another then I get a connection issue and I have to quit the game and join again to resolve it.

Anyone else getting this and know a workaround?
There is a 30 sec programmed delay between game creation/game connection process. You dont need to quit the game, just wait 30 sec :)
OP
But if you dont change chars I can finish games and create the next back to back without delay. But changing chars means a 30 second wait?

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
xXCosbySuiteXx wrote: 2 years ago
But if you dont change chars I can finish games and create the next back to back without delay. But changing chars means a 30 second wait?
The delay is there no matter what. you cannot rejoin or create a game within that window unless you log out. If you kill pindle and rejoin in less than 30 sec, you will not get through. This was mentioned in blizzard's latest blog post.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t ... ward/28164
Blizzard wrote:
Rate limiting: We are limiting the number of operations to the database around creating and joining games, and we know this is being felt by a lot of you. For example, for those of you doing Pindleskin runs, you’ll be in and out of a game and creating a new one within 20 seconds. In this case, you will be rate limited at a point. When this occurs, the error message will say there is an issue communicating with game servers: this is not an indicator that game servers are down in this particular instance, it just means you have been rate limited to reduce load temporarily on the database, in the interest of keeping the game running. We can assure you this is just mitigation for now–we do not see this as a long-term fix.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation