Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   1353 views

Description

Hi everyone. I've just got the time to do some testing of 2.4 and I noticed that the lifetime of created games may have been changed.

Before 2.4 I was able to create a private game, leave the game, change the character, join another game to trade an item, leave and go back to my other character and join my private game which I left before.

Now with 2.4 the private game I created does not exist anymore when I do that. So now it seems like I dont't have the chance to switch to my character who is able to handle diabloclone if I get that event on a character who isn't able to handle diabloclone.

I hope you get what I mean.

Does somebody know if that was intentional or if it's a bug?

Best regards
j1Nx

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi everyone. I've just got the time to do some testing of 2.4 and I noticed that the lifetime of created games may have been changed.

Before 2.4 I was able to create a private game, leave the game, change the character, join another game to trade an item, leave and go back to my other character and join my private game which I left before.

Now with 2.4 the private game I created does not exist anymore when I do that. So now it seems like I dont't have the chance to switch to my character who is able to handle diabloclone if I get that event on a character who isn't able to handle diabloclone.

Best regards
j1Nx

Central European Time (UTC+01:00)
j1nx wrote: 2 years ago

Best regards
j1Nx
I have not tested it yet but was something I did often for trades so a little sad to hear it's not as easy to get back into existing games after a quick trade.

Maybe this was part of the effort to optimize the new server infrastructure so those that are spamming pindle runs, etc. they are not wasting resources on these temporary opened games?

I did not see or hear about this change anywhere else but sounds like was a behind the scenes unlisted change.

LockeDown
Hardcore PC Ladder
I was able to create a game with a password, idle for a few minutes and then switch characters and rejoin same game without issue. Tested it a couple times and no problems with it yet. No one else had joined.

Maybe the amount of time before the game expires was reduced? Seems like only have about a minute or two before the game becomes unavailable. But if you're quick enough, you should be able to make it in 60 seconds or so.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
I never did any empirical testing, but over time I developed the feeling that game persistence correlates with game age. That is, the longer you are in a game and then leave, the longer you have to rejoin before it's removed. This could all be anecdotal quackery though.

Best regards
j1Nx
I did just what you described there for the Clone Spawn on the Americas Server. Worked just fine :)
OP
KeepHammering wrote: 2 years ago

Best regards
j1Nx
I did just what you described there for the Clone Spawn on the Americas Server. Worked just fine :)
Yeah it seems like I was overreacting a little bit. If the game is "old" enough you can join it after switching character. Just tested it myself a little more.

Central European Time (UTC+01:00)
The legacy timing was something like a 5-min game would survive for 15 minutes after exit (can't remember the exact numbers). That was in the original game code, and as far as I'm aware still works like it did 20 years ago.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
Still working.

Primed the game for 5 mins.
IT stays for quite a bit.
(got it ingrained into muscle Memory from the OG days when we did muling this way..)

Offer if price is not stated

⊕ Join New Tristram Talk! ⊕

While the snow remains,
veiled in the haze of evening,
a cold leafless branch.
Flowers are only flowers because they fall,
but thankfully the Wind.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...