Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   444 views

What Surprises You in D2 Resurrected? (And What Doesn't?)

No data yet

Description

I'll start: rune drops. I dropped a
Vex
from Hephasto, a
Jah
from
Chaos Sanctuary
, and a
Sur
from Arcane Sactuary (the latter two from normal(ish) monsters). All in under a week. Now, I'm not arguing that it couldn't be a good run of RNG--I'm sure that's a part of it--but I played OG D2 for years, and never had a week that good. In fact, I never dropped anything above an
Ist
in all my years playing. And I played hard.

Bonus surprise: when the
Jah
dropped, I was rushing a sorc through A4 Hell, and they didn't instantly
Teleport
onto it. I guess you could say... a
Jah
dropped, and my jaw dropped! ba-dum tss

Runner-up sadprise: how many level 90+ people join free games, how few people show any appreciation for free stuff, and the number of people who will join a free game and sell all the uniques on the Ground. They only sell for, mayyybe 5k gold! Go find an elite base item and sell it for 35k!

And finally, the unsurprising: griefers. I've been in several
Baal
runs where somebody will come in, hostile the party, and try to wipe the game. Fortunately, I'm only 89, so the one time I died wasn't a huge hit, but for the level 96 I saw die, I'm sure that's a different story. I guess I just don't understand the mentality of people who want to erase potential hours of time others have spent to achieve a goal. I will say, since most of the builds out there are pretty meta, we've had decent luck murdering a few of the would-be griefers as they enter the throne room, but even that doesn't feel satisfying. It just feels like a dodged bullet and a waste of less time. The D2R community is small enough that I feel like the toxic parts hit that much harder, though. Back in the day, you were going to keep playing D2 because it's what you had. Now, if the toxicity gets too high, there are plenty of other games, other communities, other corners of the internet. Just don't want to see it start eroding away at the base. </rant>

Can be used to make Runewords:

ggs 39

Americas PC
I'll start: rune drops. I dropped a
Vex
from Hephasto, a
Jah
from
Chaos Sanctuary
, and a
Sur
from Arcane Sactuary (the latter two from normal(ish) monsters). All in under a week. Now, I'm not arguing that it couldn't be a good run of RNG--I'm sure that's a part of it--but I played OG D2 for years, and never had a week that good. In fact, I never dropped anything above an
Ist
in all my years playing. And I played hard.

Bonus surprise: when the
Jah
dropped, I was rushing a sorc through A4 Hell, and they didn't instantly
Teleport
onto it. I guess you could say... a
Jah
dropped, and my jaw dropped! ba-dum tss

Runner-up sadprise: how many level 90+ people join free games, how few people show any appreciation for free stuff, and the number of people who will join a free game and sell all the uniques on the Ground. They only sell for, mayyybe 5k gold! Go find an elite base item and sell it for 35k!

Baal
runs where somebody will come in, hostile the party, and try to wipe the game. Fortunately, I'm only 89, so the one time I died wasn't a huge hit, but for the level 96 I saw die, I'm sure that's a different story. I guess I just don't understand the mentality of people who want to erase potential hours of time others have spent to achieve a goal. I will say, since most of the builds out there are pretty meta, we've had decent luck murdering a few of the would-be griefers as they enter the throne room, but even that doesn't feel satisfying. It just feels like a dodged bullet and a waste of less time. The D2R community is small enough that I feel like the toxic parts hit that much harder, though. Back in the day, you were going to keep playing D2 because it's what you had. Now, if the toxicity gets too high, there are plenty of other games, other communities, other corners of the internet. Just don't want to see it start eroding away at the base. </rant>

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
ggs wrote: 2 years ago
Baal
As a long time Dark Souls Player, i think griefers would make boring
Baal
Runs fun in the first place. Going hostile is for me part of the game and i don't see that toxic but more of a mechanic you and others don't enjoy.
As a somewhat new player who's never experienced a hostile griefer, how does it work? If I'm in a public game, anyone can just attack me? Or do they try and trick me into attacking them first somehow?

And as for things that surprise me the most.. Probably the drop rates. Took me over 100 summoner runs to get my first
Key
from him. Some may say "RNG is RNG", but something ain't right when a supposed 10% drop chance turns into less than 1%!! Maybe it was Summoner's time of the month?

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

Deleted User 632 0

Darq wrote: 2 years ago
As a long time Dark Souls Player, i think griefers would make boring
Baal
Runs fun in the first place. Going hostile is for me part of the game and i don't see that toxic but more of a mechanic you and others don't enjoy.
many of those players build characters for the main reason to kill players easily and many players probably don't stand a chance at killing them. so, the only option is port to town, leave the game or hope they get bored and leave the game. if it was more even battles maybe more people would enjoy this aspect of the game too. but it would be cool if d2 had some kinda arena / pvp ladder system players could join to fight. or just watch fights.

Gunar 35

Amazon PC
I’m surprised how much of the mechanics and Lore I didn‘t know back in the days and only now begin to grasp. And I played hard, harder than anybody should.

I was also surprised how hard this game is, when you start from scratch, not knowing or remembering what EXACTLY to do (also never played ladder).
Gunar wrote: 2 years ago
I’m surprised how much of the mechanics and Lore I didn‘t know back in the days and only now begin to grasp. And I played hard, harder than anybody should.

I was also surprised how hard this game is, when you start from scratch, not knowing or remembering what EXACTLY to do (also never played ladder).
same for me!

Also I remember how hard it was to get a Grandfather and a second sword with
Perfect Skull
in it for the leech. This is quite the shittiest setup nowadays.

But then I remember there was a time without runewords.

Trollwut#2511

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...