Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
23 replies   2024 views

Description

Left the game running for a DClone walk while I was at work. I came home to 160/170ish ping, a
Holy Freeze
aura fast
Blood Hawk
Conviction
Zombie
pack and a might aura Black archer pack. I've never died so many times for a dlcone.

And I think it was a 16/19/10 for my troubles, not horrible I guess.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Left the game running for a DClone walk while I was at work. I came home to 160/170ish ping, a
Holy Freeze
aura fast
Blood Hawk
Conviction
Zombie
pack and a might aura Black archer pack. I've never died so many times for a dlcone.

And I think it was a 16/19/10 for my troubles, not horrible I guess.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
Going to pick a different place to spawn him next time I'm guessing? lol

Please do not add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting.

Trade: PC | Softcore, Ladder & Non-Ladder | UTC-6
I went up against DClone with my mf/gold find barb. Ended up shouting more than he did.
Asymmetry wrote: 1 year ago
This. Prefer smaller zones (such as the
Cathedral
) instead of open areas, so you don't lure additional monsters during the fight.
OP
Asymmetry wrote: 1 year ago
I will look into other areas. On my non ladder chars I do
Frigid Highlands
like everyone else. But I'm not actually playing ladder just farming annis for non ladder chars so my paladin is stuck in A1 and very weak lol. I had just been doing
Stony Field
up till now.

ShadowHeart 1731Moderator

Europe PC
Go Palace Cellar for safety reasons ;) I can help you get to Act 2 if you're not there yet, as I'm sure there are others here too that can.

I use Frigid when I help others because it's usually the fastest, but I tend to go to Palace Cellar when doing my own, especially if the anni I'm wearing is required for some of my own gear. Nothing quite like running into the middle of a pack of monsters wearing nothing but
Boots
, gloves and a sword (well, jewelry too) and trying to get out alive with the unid anni in hand :D

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Necrarch 1600Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Biggest fight is still my second kill ever (now I have between 20 and 50 of them). Took me an hour and had to come back several times getting some (and more and more) Urdars. Never got killed myself but Azrael did fall several times.

But he gave me the 20/18/10 I am still wearing. :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
I will never go to Palace Cellar lvl3 again.
In there, you are always in DClone's AOE, once you die or have low life poll you can't find a safe place.
Back to
Arcane Sanctuary
an option but you will suffer a screen loading time when you want to go back to Palace Cellar lvl3, and DClone waiting you at 3 yards

Relax and have fun!

Necrarch 1600Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
As for places, someone mentioned
Cathedral
- it's quite nice indeed.
And what style to kill him by the altar !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Europe PC
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
In there, you are always in DClone's AOE, once you die or have low life poll you can't find a safe place.
Back to
Arcane Sanctuary
an option but you will suffer a screen loading time when you want to go back to Palace Cellar lvl3, and DClone waiting you at 3 yards
That's a good point, so if you're not quite strong enough to deal with him without a high risk of dying it may not be the best idea to go there. It's better than Frigid or other hotspots where there may be minion packs around, as that is even more dangerous (IMO). One place I've seen some people use for safety reasons is
Den of Evil
. The enemies there are easy to deal with, and I don't think there can be any minion packs there besides
Corpsefire
(the super unique which is replaced by Dclone). The downside, of course, is that can take a little while to find him and clear the vicinity, but at least the nearby monsters are (almost) harmless.

So, where do you deal with him instead then? You didn't mention.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.

Europe PC
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
As for places, someone mentioned
Cathedral
- it's quite nice indeed.
And what style to kill him by the altar !
It's thematically a nice place to do it, but it can also be a little dangerous with packs of Wraiths and/or
Tainted
(those lightning ball shooting beasts), depending on your build and how well geared you are :)

ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
That's a good point, so if you're not quite strong enough to deal with him without a high risk of dying it may not be the best idea to go there. It's better than Frigid or other hotspots where there may be minion packs around, as that is even more dangerous (IMO). One place I've seen some people use for safety reasons is
Den of Evil
. The enemies there are easy to deal with, and I don't think there can be any minion packs there besides
Corpsefire
(the super unique which is replaced by Dclone). The downside, of course, is that can take a little while to find him and clear the vicinity, but at least the nearby monsters are (almost) harmless.

So, where do you deal with him instead then? You didn't mention.
Yep. My build is
Nova
sorc so without gear I can be killed in seconds by Dclone's fire dmg.
Nova
sorc naturally doesn't have resist, without gear you have freaking low mana poll :P.

The minions in Frigid are not an issue with
Nova
sorc since she can tele to kill them in seconds then tele back to DClone.

Agree.
Den of Evil
is the best if you are not sure you can handle DClone.

Relax and have fun!
I hunt him with bowa, so non undead enemies near Dclone means free hp for me :) yesterday I accidently tried different zone than
Stony Field
and I didnt realized but it was terrorized... well it took a bit longer and I got amazing 10/11/5 - such a nice roll... I feel very bad even giving it away :D

so for me
Stony Field
is nice place, frigid is bad for me because there is not so much room for me to run (as bowa I can kill him off screen).

Imho safest way to deal with him is in Chaos - u clear entire level and then u open seal and there he is - alone in entire area

check my other trades: member/The%20Flash/
my free items: simple t4t is fine with me :) what you pay is up to you
free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
, keys, pame, pruby, jewel

Schnorki 3174Moderator

PC
Back to
Arcane Sanctuary
I'm afraid you're doing it wrong.

Palace cellar is far surpassed by other choices when you just want to get to him and take him out quickly.

The whole point of cellar is that it is the perfect, easiest, safest place out there for when you don't have gear yet and need to just slowly bleed him down because you're not just not always in his AoE, you're NEVER in his AoE, or his melee range for that matter, without even having to move for it. The idea is that you go in and head over into the next room. DClone is too fat to fit through the doors down there, meaning he can't get to you. He can't melee you. His AoE won't reach you. Literally the only thing he can do is - if he is at the right angle - hit you with his lightning. Depending on your build, he'll never be at that angle though so even that you usually don't need to worry about.

But yeah, once you're past that "no gear, can't really handle him!" stage, there's far better options out there imo.
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Back to
Arcane Sanctuary

Palace cellar is far surpassed by other choices when you just want to get to him and take him out quickly.

The whole point of cellar is that it is the perfect, easiest, safest place out there for when you don't have gear yet and need to just slowly bleed him down because you're not just not always in his AoE, you're NEVER in his AoE, or his melee range for that matter, without even having to move for it. The idea is that you go in and head over into the next room. DClone is too fat to fit through the doors down there, meaning he can't get to you. He can't melee you. His AoE won't reach you. Literally the only thing he can do is - if he is at the right angle - hit you with his lightning. Depending on your build, he'll never be at that angle though so even that you usually don't need to worry about.

But yeah, once you're past that "no gear, can't really handle him!" stage, there's far better options out there imo.
Are you saying that idea is same as killing Butcher in D1? Cast firewalls and close the door? That could work well with with bowazon.

I am gonna try that in next walk

free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago

That wasn't me. A guy asked for help and he triggered him there.
I had no choice but fought him there :P

Relax and have fun!
Back to
Arcane Sanctuary
Nah. That's my fav spot and the place where I've done over 100 DClone kills.

I'm not trapped in there with him. He's trapped in there with me.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
OP
Just did
Bone Ash
for the morning's walk. I was concerned about all the ghosts that usually spawn in there, which is why I never did it before. I had to lure the
Swarm
of carvers away from the kill before harvest lol. Otherwise went fine.

I used to do
Den of Evil
as well, but it was long. I might go back who knows.

Ok I have tried this palace lvl 3. and I dont like this spot at all ! I died twice, had slightly issue with getting my body back. Then I had to swap gear (Mist) to get some resists and then i killed him easily, but slower compare to
Windforce

if u have any other class with more life than 700 then it can be good.

and game is a tricky one. I got 11/12/5 but few mins after in same game I found -70light sundercharm :)

free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef

Schnorki 3174Moderator

PC
The Flash wrote: 1 year ago
Ok I have tried this palace lvl 3. and I dont like this spot at all ! I died twice, had slightly issue with getting my body back. Then I had to swap gear (Mist) to get some resists and then i killed him easily, but slower compare to
Windforce

if u have any other class with more life than 700 then it can be good.

and game is a tricky one. I got 11/12/5 but few mins after in same game I found -70light sundercharm :)
Again, the point of palace 3 is to not get hit. Works just fine as a bowzon, too. Go down, clear the room next to the one he spawns in of trash. Kill him from that room. As a zon, that's actually especially easy because you never need any line of sight to him yourself. Just angle your guided
Arrows
through the door so they turn and hit him once they pass through.

You can literally go down there with 1 life and not have a problem (except at that point maybe with clearing the trash next door).

If you actually stay in the same room as him..then yeah, palace 3 is a terrible choice for a ranged char because at that point, all you do is unnecessarily limit your own space due to choosing to stay in a tiny room. Why you would choose to do that..that's beyond me.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...