diablo2.io is supported by ads
42 replies   2291 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3318Moderator

PC
Still not bad for 26 minutes ;)

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.

Shax 18

Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Still not bad for 26 minutes ;)
Yeah, that is moments that make me smile. Grown man and pixels on a screen, what life has come to..
That griffon I got 10 minutes ago, wonder if javazon woud like that with a 15ias/24ed jewel 😋

Tetra 183

Paladin Europe PC
Shax wrote: 1 year ago
Yeah, that is moments that make me smile. Grown man and pixels on a screen, what life has come to..
That griffon I got 10 minutes ago, wonder if javazon woud like that with a 15ias/24ed jewel 😋
A Light' Rainbow Facet should be better in that case.

Shax 18

Europe PC
Tetra wrote: 1 year ago

A rainbow facet should be better in that case.
She uses a
Valkyrie Wing
(198% ed, +2 skill, 2+ mana) with a lightning 4/4 level up facet at the moment. The griffon would be a downgrade since I lose 1 skill and the frw and fhr.
I like the sound of dying demons...
I'm not a psychopath...
Dropping first an
Ohm
from hellforge, just to get another
Ohm
five minutes later in
River of Flame
in the same game.
Death's Fathom
from
Pindleskin
Hell's HF would give you a
Gul
at most.
I actually enjoy that, too.
also, they used a sound which sounds VERY similar to the demons in Doom. I quite enjoy that. the wilhelm scream of diablo :D

A rainbow facet should be better in that case.
She uses a
Valkyrie Wing
(198% ed, +2 skill, 2+ mana) with a lightning 4/4 level up facet at the moment. The griffon would be a downgrade since I lose 1 skill and the frw and fhr.
I'll take it off your hands. I need a griffon anyway :D

Shax 18

Europe PC
Does this count now then for 2x
Ohm

rikus 140

Amazon Americas PC
my motivation?
to have fun while playing d2r.

sometimes it means just playing "hack chars" like hammerdin to get more stuff, sometimes it means feeling groovy with the bowazon...and still many more miles to explore with.. haven't got a javazon yet, an
Axe
barb, a hammer barb, a good sorceress...and of course being able to get all those end game events. which i stiull haven't got.

I guess you need a break from the game. I took a break for a few months, and got back very passionately into single player. but again i don't have much time...1 hour a week or so..

edit:
oh yeah i forgot, my goal? to have one bad ass char in d2r who can kick some serious butt and loot good stuff, and to enjoy playing it...just for the sake of playing and being overpowering..haven't got there yet.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

Shax 18

Europe PC
rikus wrote: 1 year ago
oh yeah i forgot, my goal? to have one bad ass char in d2r who can kick some serious butt and loot good stuff, and to enjoy playing it...just for the sake of playing and being overpowering..haven't got there yet.
Roll Sorc, get a low roll
Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
and
Chance Guards
. Put
Perfect Topaz
in
Helm
. Spirit sword, Rhyme shield, Get grinding. Have Lady Luck on your side.

rikus 140

Amazon Americas PC
Get grinding
I thought hammerdins are the better choice

Shax 18

Europe PC
Personal preference I guess, for my liking. I find Hammerdins a bit clunky and once you find some mob magic immune like the zombies at 2nd wave at
Baal
, you are in trouble. I just like having free
Teleport
without repair and dynamic rapid gameplay. Once a Hammerdin has Enigma and 125 fcr it would be unbeatable, but.. getting there with a hammerdin to do that farming? Hard work.

Schnorki 3318Moderator

PC
Get grinding
Based on your requirements, the better choice is whichever you actually enjoy playing. :) You can make plenty of classes/builds work for excellent farming.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
Both hammerdins and sorcs are rubbish, game is better if you ignore them. Disclaimer: I understand that what I've just said is stupid but I still believe it.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

rikus 140

Amazon Americas PC
well, the reason i play hammerdin is because i am single player, and he woops ass in 8 players. i need good runes, which comes much better with 8players. I've tried online, but it was too expensive, although i got a solid bowazon and a nice zerker. i never tried hammedin. so far it's still tricky for me to manipulate the spinning hammer to actually hit. i guess with 125 FC its just spam. D3/D1 apoclypse spell kinda thing.

I'm very much enjoying it so far. the sense of overpowering is a good diversion from being ass kicked as an elemental druid or a summon skelli necro.

the hammedin is the guy who farms for the other ones to have fun. not legit? until it's stops being fun.

I delayed playing hammedin until now. so far he's not dissapointing. very quick big mob cleaner, and i'm only lvl 34.

I don't really understand the hate for hammerdins.
seems strange to me that y'all are suddenly surprised about the damage.
I mean the hammerdin on the ptr had a 16k hammer only which is kinda low.

also, I don't get that trapsins all of a sudden don't do damage anymore, supposedly.
y'all saw the trapsin with 13k lightning traps on the ptr before? fastest cow killer ever?

what am I missing?
are y'all blind?

Schnorki 3318Moderator

PC
Not seeing that "surprise" really.

Everyone knows hammers do stupid dmg. Though they're still clunky af and never a voluntary pick for me. :)

As for trapsins, of course they still do damage. The mere point about trapsins is that unlike other elemental builds, they're not getting massively buffed because with sunder on charms (i.e. on your char), it shouldn't work for traps meaning they effectively become the only elemental build in the game that still has to deal with immunities (unless you count skeletal mages and Spirit wolves as elemental builds I guess ^^). Coincidentally, they're actually the one elemental build that would need this the most (so far as anyone "needs" it that is - separate discussion) because unlike others, even with
Conviction
breaking it, they still don't squat for damage because the traps get no further -res from anything. So sunder into Infinity would actually be the only way for them to do real dmg to immunes.

___
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Not seeing that "surprise" really.

Everyone knows hammers do stupid dmg. Though they're still clunky af and never a voluntary pick for me. :)

As for trapsins, of course they still do damage. The mere point about trapsins is that unlike other elemental builds, they're not getting massively buffed because with sunder on charms (i.e. on your char), it shouldn't work for traps meaning they effectively become the only elemental build in the game that still has to deal with immunities (unless you count skeletal mages and Spirit wolves as elemental builds I guess ^^). Coincidentally, they're actually the one elemental build that would need this the most (so far as anyone "needs" it that is - separate discussion) because unlike others, even with
Conviction
breaking it, they still don't squat for damage because the traps get no further -res from anything. So sunder into Infinity would actually be the only way for them to do real dmg to immunes.
well, yes. crazy damage like forever.
yeah, I know what you mean. you can decrease the clunkiness a little bit with an Enigma. it is actually quite baffling that with a hammerdin you need to aim precisely to hit mobs.
also, one complaint I have about the hammers is that they could (should) be a little bigger because right now the mobs can stand between the flying hammers and don't get hit at all although you're constantly spamming. hammers a little bigger could fix that, and should fix that imho.

hm hm, I see. sounds like they would leave one build (or rather character) out of the new features.
from the top of your head, do you know any other build where they would exclude a single build from new features? how is it for summon necros?

Schnorki 3318Moderator

PC
Assa is the only elemental build I can think of off the top of my head.

Beyond her, any pet build would also not benefit from sunders (i.e. summoner necro + druid).

Magic based builds (hammerdin, Bone necro) would benefit so little that it isn't worth the charm slot because they have no way to drop the remaining 95% any further so their dmg would remain so low, the mob may as well have stayed immune.

___
I started typing this in the thread about losing interest in D2R because of the sunder charms, but realized it was more appropriate here.

My history of gaming suggests that I play the hell out of a game for a period of time (anywhere from a few months to a couple of years) before I get whatever I wanted out of the game, then I move on. D2 was a longer play because I started playing it in 2000 and played it intensely on and off through maybe 2007 or so, then still tediously kept my friends' and my own Battle.net D2 accounts alive through 2010.

The past four months have been the most intense times I've ever spent on one game. I've now achieved one of my goals, which was leveling past my LoD personal best of 96 to my new D2R best of 97 on Saturday, and this time, I did it all within the span of a ladder. I'll still push a little more in the remaining weeks on ladder just to get the highest final ranking possible, but I don't think I'm getting 98, never mind 99, by ladder's end. There's 399 99s on there as of this moment, and in chatting with some players who have reached that level, levels 97-99 sound like torture to do in an organized fashion. I'm only playing this game on half of my available weeknights at most.

I figure if I get another full season's worth on non-ladder where I can play at a more relaxed pace, I should have enough time to wrap up any loose ends that I didn't accomplish on ladder, and that should be enough. There are too many games that I've purchased on Steam and have never played. There are too many things outside of gaming I have to and want to do.

D2R was never destined to be another multi-year re-engagement of the days and time I spent on LoD. It was always more about completing what I started and never finished, and doing it better than I did in LoD by playing more efficiently. I can also not worry about logistical nonsense like account expiration so I can still come back and look around in the future which I couldn't do with LoD. The existence of D2Planner has also helped in this regard if I ever want to view or share my builds without logging in to the game.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
The thrill of the hunt keeps me going.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...