Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   687 views

Where do you start?

You may select 1 option

Total votes: 12

Description

I've had a lot of fun trying all sorts of different builds through the game and have never had a 'main' but I'm at the point where I have one char that I play far more than the rest, the fire bowa, and I'm at the point where I'd like to start focusing my modest Wealth on optimising her a bit, rather than spreading it over multiple chars.

My question is, without infinite Wealth to throw around, where do you start? I have an average torch (14/15) and a decent anni (15/20/10). The gear is good but not yet fully optimised. I.e.: I've got a Flickering Flame but after three re-rolls the highest -res I've yet managed is -11; I have a bunch of facets in a 4os armour but a) the facets aren't perfect, and b) the armour is White, BiS would be some sort of jeweler's armour. In terms of charms, I have some plain skillers, a -74 sunder and an average Gheeds, the rest are mainly small res charms. I assume optimum setup would be skillers with FRW or life or fire damage + similar small charms.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I've had a lot of fun trying all sorts of different builds through the game and have never had a 'main' but I'm at the point where I have one char that I play far more than the rest, the fire bowa, and I'm at the point where I'd like to start focusing my modest Wealth on optimising her a bit, rather than spreading it over multiple chars.

My question is, without infinite Wealth to throw around, where do you start? I have an average torch (14/15) and a decent anni (15/20/10). The gear is good but not yet fully optimised. I.e.: I've got a Flickering Flame but after three re-rolls the highest -res I've yet managed is -11; I have a bunch of facets in a 4os armour but a) the facets aren't perfect, and b) the armour is White, BiS would be some sort of jeweler's armour. In terms of charms, I have some plain skillers, a -74 sunder and an average Gheeds, the rest are mainly small res charms. I assume optimum setup would be skillers with FRW or life or fire damage + similar small charms.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

Necrarch 1778Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
In theory: start with optimizing main gear, torch and anni, some skiller GCs, then use other charm slots to cover for what you miss (fhr/frw/mf/life/mana/res...).

Practically: omg there is that xxx sc of xxx for only xxx, I am sure I'll use it on one of my chars, I want it now.

Anyway: start building it on maxroll.gg with the stuff you already have.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Runeword would be the last for me.
Theirs value won't increase by the time as much as unique and charms.
A perfect hoto can't be sold for more than 11
Vex

Relax and have fun!
For bowazon I generally start with how I plan to play it, in your case fire bowazon.
I get the "main effects" down as you've likely considered with %
Pierce
capped, and as much -fire resist / + fire damage.
Then I enhance that with what I call "secondary effects" leech /
Life Tap
/ open wounds / poison damage / knockback / freeze target etc etc.
Then I move on to getting enough str for the gear used to gain these effects, then for bowazon dex until I've got the damage and/or attack rating I'm looking for.
After I get those worked out and it feels how I want, I move into balancing +skills and +resistances as the final touch.
I usually consider my build evolved when I start looking for skillers to finish it off.

Easy to negotiate with, feel free to make an offer.
I optimize with whatever I can get my hands on at the time, but I'm staying nearly broke so I have to look for good deals on what I need down the road.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...