Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   2527 views

Description

Hi everyone!

I recently made my first blizzard sorc and I wanted to experiment with some ways of breaking at least some cold immunites in hell with procs (I know that some of them cannot be broken no matter what). I want to try it out for the sake of it nonetheless

I know
Medusa's Gaze
procs
Lower Resist
. I was thinking about trying out Act 3 merc with
Medusa's Gaze
, so he will cast
Lower Resist
on hit. Is there some other gear I can try to give Act 3 merc or any other merc that has
Lower Resist
? I know I can use
Lower Resist
Wand
, but I want procs . Or maybe even some rares that can have it that I can put on merc?

I do not care for optimal / max dps build or being efficient. I just want to try out some ideas for fun with this one. I was wondering if it's possible to have a merc that is an automated
Lower Resist
proc machine. :)

Thanks
Description by louner

Can be used to make Runewords:

louner 197

Europe PC
Hi everyone!

I recently made my first blizzard sorc and I wanted to experiment with some ways of breaking at least some cold immunites in hell with procs (I know that some of them cannot be broken no matter what). I want to try it out for the sake of it nonetheless

I know
Medusa's Gaze
procs
Lower Resist
. I was thinking about trying out Act 3 merc with
Medusa's Gaze
, so he will cast
Lower Resist
on hit. Is there some other gear I can try to give Act 3 merc or any other merc that has
Lower Resist
? I know I can use
Lower Resist
Wand
, but I want procs . Or maybe even some rares that can have it that I can put on merc?

I do not care for optimal / max dps build or being efficient. I just want to try out some ideas for fun with this one. I was wondering if it's possible to have a merc that is an automated
Lower Resist
proc machine. :)

Thanks

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Go with an act 5 merc instead and give him a Plague.

Not only does Plague proc a higher
Lower Resist
but act 3 mercs are inherently defensive and hence try to avoid being hit to begin with, resulting in a very low proc rate. An act 5 merc on the other hand will
Charge
in like a mad otter and reliably proc quite quickly.

Just don't expect too much out of it..cold isn't easily broken and lower res is inherently worse at it than
Conviction
/Infinity would be.
OP

louner 197

Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago

Lower Resist
but act 3 mercs are inherently defensive and hence try to avoid being hit to begin with, resulting in a very low proc rate. An act 5 merc on the other hand will
Charge

Just don't expect too much out of it..cold isn't easily broken and lower res is inherently worse at it than
Conviction
/Infinity would be.
I don't expect much, don't worry. :D

I think it's an interesting idea. Dual wield Plague effects won't stack, right? I heard some effects on dual wield mercs do not accumulate

Also is there any other gear like armor or helmet?

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
louner wrote: 1 year ago
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago

Lower Resist
Charge

Conviction
/Infinity would be.
I don't expect much, don't worry. :D

I think it's an interesting idea. Dual wield Plague effects won't stack, right? I heard some effects on dual wield mercs do not accumulate

Also is there any other gear like armor or helmet?
If I remember correctly (admittedly, I might not), it stacks in the sense that you get double proc checks. I.e. when he gets hit, you get 20% from Plague 1 and after that, you get another 20% from Plague 2. So not 40% total but effectively 36%.

I believe the only other
Lower Resist
proc is
Pus Spitter
but...yeah. That's not worth it. :D
OP

louner 197

Europe PC
Thanks for the help :)

Could also shop a
Lower Resist
Wand
and just nuke bosses

EDIT: I didn’t read carefully enough and saw you don’t want to use the
Wand
. Personally I don’t use the
Wand
cause I love
Decrepify
soo much from Reaper’s Toll merc. Mixed phys/elemental build so decrep boosts my leech into a serviceable range, especially vs champ P8 packs, fucks their damage up real bad too. It rocks!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation