Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   990 views

What mode will you be playing most in the coming months?

Poll ended at 2 years ago

Non-Ladder Softcore (43%)
Ladder Softcore (45%)
Non-Ladder Hardcore (0%)
Ladder Hardcore (10%)
Single Player (1%)
Total votes: 209
Total votes: 209

Description

Running this poll as an update to the previous one.

It closes in one week.

Feel free to discuss your choices.
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Running this poll as an update to the previous one.

It closes in one week.

Feel free to discuss your choices.

Teebling 5832Admin

Europe PC
Putting this on the homepage.

I'd love to play some ladder, but I'm not going to delete any NL chars.
So unless we get char slots for that, it's going to be NL for me.

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.

Schnorki 3189Moderator

PC
Always SC. I lost the will to ever touch HC again back in the olden days when every HC char I ever made eventually died from a bug, lag, crash or random disconnect. F that.

Mainly sticking with non-ladder, as always. Though I will have a ladder pally moving up solely for the purpose of joining ladder clone walks and potentially for some ladder trading, depending on how the economies play out.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Always SC. I lost the will to ever touch HC again back in the olden days when every HC char I ever made eventually died from a bug, lag, crash or random disconnect. F that.

Mainly sticking with non-ladder, as always. Though I will have a ladder pally moving up solely for the purpose of joining ladder clone walks and potentially for some ladder trading, depending on how the economies play out.
I get that and used to feel the same way. Fortunately I live in a part of the world with very good digital infrastructure and am lucky to have enough disposable income to keep my rig in decent working order, so a lot of the technical issues are less frequent.

My mentality towards games has also changed quite a bit in the last 10 or so years. I used to play as a completionist and liked to save scum, especially in turn-based strategy games replaying the same scenarios over and over in an attempt to min/max every situation.

However, I've been playing more and more roguelike games, where save-scumming isn't an option and I've realized even though it sucks to lose characters and all progress, being forced to not min/max and make the most of a bad decision/roll actually makes me progress further and faster since I don't feel compelled to replay the same situations over and over.

This is why for this ladder, I'll be playing HC exclusively. I'm a little bored of progress being inevitable. Especially with the knowledge of the game I have now, it just isn't exciting.
Will probably run two ladder characters, a smiter and a fire sorc, but will stick to non-ladder for the most part, because who cares about ladder. Softcore. Screw losing stuff I earned to shit out of my control.
I have way too many in use slots to attempt playing ladder. Most of those builds I'm still farming for anyway.

I probably won't do ladders unless they add more slots.

I tried hardcore on D2R. Lost both characters, one to a load screen and the other to a crash where I had a complete Black screen with audio. Didn't bother again.

Schnorki 3189Moderator

PC
Katonda wrote: 2 years ago

I get that and used to feel the same way. Fortunately I live in a part of the world with very good digital infrastructure and am lucky to have enough disposable income to keep my rig in decent working order, so a lot of the technical issues are less frequent.
Sadly, no amount of infrastructure or rig spending on my part can solve the issue of Blizz messing up. Even more so now that you're at least occasionally forced to play with significant lag, due to having to go cross-globe so as not to miss a walk in a different region which is just..ugh.
Technically I’ll be playing both SC-NL and ladder. For ladder, I’m eager to test out the new runeword “Wisdom” on a nice 3 socketed Barbarian skiller
Helm
, and after many years one of my favorite daggers finally became useable for Barbs -
Fleshripper
(thanks to the changes to Sword Mastery). I plan to play a
Frenzy
Barb utilizing 2 of these.

While I still have plenty of character slots left, I do wish they’d add more. I know *eventually* I’ll run out of them after a few ladder seasons 😩

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
HC OR BUST

Takro 13

Europe PC
My plan is to play HC ladder, I'm looking forward to the new mid level runewords, not fussed about the end game.

Not worried about lag or d/c it very rarely happens now compared to back in the days of classic and LOD. HC is just more exciting. So long as I don't rush I know I'll be fine. Hopefully I'll find some like minded players.
OP
Nice, we already surpassed the response count of the first poll!

HC ladder won't be as empty as I thought. :D
OP
Poll ended. Looks like both SC and HC ladder will have healthy populations!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...