Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
45 replies   2989 views

Update: 2.4 launches April 14th, Ladder launches April 28th!

No data yet

Description

Description by DarkMaster

Can be used to make Runewords:

DarkMaster wrote: 2 years ago
Ah forgot to post the update here.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t ... 4th/116775
Blizzard wrote:
With that maintenance, we should be good to go for getting 2.4 out to users. 2.4 is currently planned for an April 14 release—Ladder will follow two weeks later on April 28.
2.4 launches April 14th, Ladder launches April 28th.
Damn, I'll be on holiday, nowhere near my desktop.

#firstworldproblems

BillyMaysed 2189Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC

Blizzard wrote:
With that maintenance, we should be good to go for getting 2.4 out to users. 2.4 is currently planned for an April 14 release—Ladder will follow two weeks later on April 28.
Hail Satan!

Only a few week delay. phew.

BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago

Blizzard wrote:
Hail Satan!

Only a few week delay. phew.
But this is not accurate))
I am glad that the release date has finally been set. I hope everything will go according to the announced plan and will not have big problems.

Sorceress Americas PC
Moondew wrote: 2 years ago
whats not accurate?

whats not accurate?
Nothing prevents them from rescheduling the update release again. Who can guarantee that they will cope with the current problems by April 14? In any case, we don't have to wait as long as we are already waiting. It will be better if there are no problems that were immediately after the release of the game in the fall.

Sorceress Americas PC
Nothing prevents them from rescheduling the update release again. Who can guarantee that they will cope with the current problems by April 14?
Sure no one can predict the future. but they clearly thought they would be ready within a week and didnt give us anything concrete. PezRadar commenting "probably end of the month" on reddit doesnt constitute anything official. This april 14th and 28th IS actually 100% official this time. So since it is an official release date, there's not much chance of it being delayed any further beyond that, even if there are still some issues. You're free to be pessimistic given their track record, but id bet real money it wont be delayed past these dates we have now. :)

Nothing prevents them from rescheduling the update release again. Who can guarantee that they will cope with the current problems by April 14?
Sure no one can predict the future. but they clearly thought they would be ready within a week and didnt give us anything concrete. PezRadar commenting "probably end of the month" on reddit doesnt constitute anything official. This april 14th and 28th IS actually 100% official this time. So since it is an official release date, there's not much chance of it being delayed any further beyond that, even if there are still some issues. You're free to be pessimistic given their track record, but id bet real money it wont be delayed past these dates we have now. :)
You're right. In any case, I love them and will wait as long as necessary.
3 weeks and I can keep playing again. I see no reason to play ladder at this time, and I'm only really looking forward to the
Hydra
sorc changes. Would have liked to play with the increased damage/ less synergy requirements... but small changes are nice.

Deleted User 632 0

Does anyone know (for sure) what's going to happen to previously ladder only runewords (Faith, Insight, Infinity, etc..)? Obviously they aren't removing the items themselves from non-ladder characters and such, but will we still be able to craft these runewords in NL?

Links would be appreciated because I can't find anything definitive on that

Can trade on PC/Xbox. Also have a friend who can proxy on Switch!
Hammertime89 wrote: 2 years ago
Does anyone know (for sure) what's going to happen to previously ladder only runewords (Faith, Insight, Infinity, etc..)? Obviously they aren't removing the items themselves from non-ladder characters and such, but will we still be able to craft these runewords in NL?

I don't have a link but the answer is certainly yes. This was a promise of D2R, and the fact that the runewords were still craftable in non-ladder PTR means they will continue to be craftable in 2.4 non-ladder. I would stake lots of money on it.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Updated Post announcement!

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2 ... oming-soon

Confirming as expected 4/28 5pm Pacific Standard time for ladder.

They didn't mention or address previous chat issues so time will tell what comes of this, but they highlight quite a bit of game play modifications including finally fixing the Mana Burn bug from unique packs.

cristobal03 wrote: 2 years ago
Hammertime89 wrote: 2 years ago

I don't have a link but the answer is certainly yes. This was a promise of D2R, and the fact that the runewords were still craftable in non-ladder PTR means they will continue to be craftable in 2.4 non-ladder. I would stake lots of money on it.
Thanks for the response! I didn't even think to check PTR non-ladder to see if they were still craftable there. I certainly hope this is the case since I see no reason to take those away now even though they've been made available for 6+ months now.

Can trade on PC/Xbox. Also have a friend who can proxy on Switch!
Something didn't go right with balancing Fire A3 Merc and his
Fire Bolt
... ridicolously pointless damage, lol.
Ice Blast
on the other hand is pretty decent, as it always was. I wonder who will pick Fire merc actually, even
Enchant
is not a big deal.
Something is off with the Infinity for spears.
The Insight for bows is working correctly.
Hope I didn't blow 2
Ber
for this garbage...

My time zone is UTC -8 (PST)
snorlaxing wrote: 2 years ago
Hope I didn't blow 2
Ber
for this garbage...

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
Steccothal wrote: 2 years ago
snorlaxing wrote: 2 years ago
Hope I didn't blow 2
Ber
for this garbage...
Yup just saw this too.

My time zone is UTC -8 (PST)
Bli$$, hire testers, FFS! As you see, PTR is NOT a substitution.
I'm glad they didn't reset the ladder immediately. God only knows how many bugs are still present.
well i'm having game freezes when trying to join, join failed/error creating game messages etc.

and even it is full screen i can move the mouse to the 2nd screen now w/o having to tab out, clicking outside of d2 all the time when trying to
Teleport
somewhere, this patch sucks so far for me.

feels like a new PTR not a release

Add me on bnet for fastest response.
Non ladder only Player.

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
lordofgemetzel wrote: 2 years ago
well i'm having game freezes when trying to join, join failed/error creating game messages etc.

and even it is full screen i can move the mouse to the 2nd screen now w/o having to tab out, clicking outside of d2 all the time when trying to
Teleport
somewhere, this patch sucks so far for me.

feels like a new PTR not a release
Go to your options and check the "confine mouse cursor" setting under gameplay. Apparently, without that, you still mouse out of the game now, even when playing full screen.

On a separate note, anyone have any idea how to get game names/pass when just hitting play!? Seeing how they removed the name now as well and the 'show game name and password' option is beyond useless, not doing anything, I have yet to find a way to figure out what game I'm currently in. As a result, if you crash out or need to rejoin for other reasons, you flat out cannot rejoin because you have no idea what game to even try to rejoin. Cuz...that makes sense.
No more uber runs without going through lobby I guess. ~~

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...