Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   342 views

Description

While the forums is great place to discuss and share builds both new and proven, I think it would be both awesome & more accessible if we had an entire "Builds" section in the Database.

There is great potential to sort/organize by Class, Items, Skills, or anything else listed within the build.

Additionally, in order to maintain high quality results are most prevalently featured, a qualitative filtering/sorting method could be used, such as:
  • Option 1. Sort Builds with the most likes on top by default - (simplest method)
  • Option 2. A system where Builds are submitted and vetted in the forums first; before being granted a full Database entry by @Teebling/ A Moderator/ or a Contributor. - (Restrictive, but quality assuring)
Happy to hear other folks thought on some such feature, or similar options of implementation!

Can be used to make Runewords:

BMAY 527

Assassin Americas PC
While the forums is great place to discuss and share builds both new and proven, I think it would be both awesome & more accessible if we had an entire "Builds" section in the Database.

There is great potential to sort/organize by Class, Items, Skills, or anything else listed within the build.

Additionally, in order to maintain high quality results are most prevalently featured, a qualitative filtering/sorting method could be used, such as:
  • Option 1. Sort Builds with the most likes on top by default - (simplest method)
  • Option 2. A system where Builds are submitted and vetted in the forums first; before being granted a full Database entry by @Teebling/ A Moderator/ or a Contributor. - (Restrictive, but quality assuring)
Happy to hear other folks thought on some such feature, or similar options of implementation!

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
Again this is a great idea in Principle but there just aren't enough builds on the forums yet to justify a full section dedicated to builds.

Furthermore, it was actually part of my original plans to have an entire builds section, complete with tooltips, filtering, sorting etc. but what I found was that guides and builds were just being copy pasted from other sites like purediablo and maxroll, which is a nightmare for me as Google penalises the site for plaigarised content and had some rather stern emails from the original authors asking why their content had been copied across without consultation or any credit whatsoever.

If this were to be an actual thing, we'd have to have a system in place as suggested, including the following:

A guide/build 'submission' forum where people post their thang.
A group or 'council' of active members that are able to 'vote' a guide as worthy of being published, a bit like what they have on purediablo.
A system of checks for this council to decide whether the build/guide has been copy/pasted or whether it is actual original content, and whether the guide meets the formatting standards expected here.

If we could have a few volunteers to organise this, and at least 20 original builds posted to the forums, then I can make this happen.

I think we could come up with a blank template for builds so it is way easier for volunteers to adjust/validate builds.

If I have a bit of time today, I'll try to make a simple one with a unique build that I like as an example.
OP

BMAY 527

Assassin Americas PC
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
... guides and builds were just being copy pasted from other sites like purediablo and maxroll, which is a nightmare for me as Google penalises the site for plaigarised content and had some rather stern emails from the original authors asking why their content had been copied across without consultation or any credit whatsoever.
A guide/build 'submission' forum where people post their thang.
A group or 'council' of active members that are able to 'vote' a guide as worthy of being published, a bit like what they have on purediablo.
A system of checks for this council to decide whether the build/guide has been copy/pasted or whether it is actual original content, and whether the guide meets the formatting standards expected here.

If we could have a few volunteers to organise this, and at least 20 original builds posted to the forums, then I can make this happen.
All very good points and I can see how it would be problematic.

I do think it would prove worthwhile if implemented correctly with the points you raised. A system for the council to review, and have them search for keywords to make sure wording isn't copy pasted; everything must be written from scratch with unique verbiage.

As far as crediting creators; I can see how this would be important for unique/niche builds. For your standard cookie-cutters however, FOrb sorc, Blizz Sorc, Light Sorc, Hammerdin, i think they have been around so long and become so common-place that it's almost like "Imminent Domain" :lol:.
However, another super popular 'cookie cutter' build, such as the Fishymancer, is literally still named after its original Author, Nightfish, after all these years.

Anyway, all important things to consider and I think a 'credits' section would be important on any build description. Happy to volunteer to be part of the project.

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
Mikurichan wrote: 2 years ago
I think we could come up with a blank template for builds so it is way easier for volunteers to adjust/validate builds.

If I have a bit of time today, I'll try to make a simple one with a unique build that I like as an example.
Definitely - though bear in mind that the implementation I'd have would involve actual fields to populate when submitting the build - this would allow for them to be written to the database in a controlled manner so that tooltips and filters for pedigree information would be possible.

So for example things like 'top 5 skills, primary skill tree user, top items for each slot (BiS) would all be actual fields as opposed to forum text, so those would be need to be omitted from your template.

@BMAY why don't you take the lead on this, as the final authorisor of builds, and pick a team to help you? You're of the same mind as me on this it seems so I'd like to delegate leadership on that front if possible.

OP

BMAY 527

Assassin Americas PC
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
@BMAY why don't you take the lead on this, as the final authorisor of builds, and pick a team to help you? You're of the same mind as me on this it seems so I'd like to delegate leadership on that front if possible.
What have I done.

When I get some free time I will start a Forum thread to gather Volunteers as well as begin aggregating Build information, etc and seeing how everything looks like.

@Teebling

That would be even better!

Here's the fields that I think could be implemented.
  • Title of the Build (Like: Meteorb Sorceress)
  • Type of the Build (PvP / PvE / Both
  • Class (Sorceress / Amazon)
  • Quick description, what is it used for. Killing
    Mephisto
    for example.
  • How it is used ( You cast
    Meteor
    on the target and Switch to
    Frozen Orb
    ).
  • 1 field for every item slot (Helmet, Armor...)
  • Skills, might be cool to load all skills from the class selection field and users can input the amount.
  • Stats, a simple text field to explain something like "Enough for max block 75%" or enough DEX for
    Windforce
  • FHR BP to hit
  • FCR BP to hit
  • FBR BP to hit
  • Text field for other stats to look up for/to get for the build to work.
  • Text field for possible items/alts to swap for cheaper builds.
  • Mercenary Items (3 fields)
  • Inventory fields, can be a text field to list Torch/Anni/GCs/SCs.
  • Credits to the author(s)
Just a note, to help ensure builds weren't copy/pasted (and/or minimally modified) from somewhere else, they could be run through https://www.grammarly.com/plagiarism-checker to quickly check if it appears elsewhere on other sites.

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
Mikurichan wrote: 2 years ago
@Teebling

That would be even better!

Here's the fields that I think could be implemented.
  • Title of the Build (Like: Meteorb Sorceress)
  • Type of the Build (PvP / PvE / Both
  • Class (Sorceress / Amazon)
  • Quick description, what is it used for. Killing
    Mephisto
    for example.
  • How it is used ( You cast
    Meteor
    on the target and Switch to
    Frozen Orb
    ).
  • 1 field for every item slot (Helmet, Armor...)
  • Skills, might be cool to load all skills from the class selection field and users can input the amount.
  • Stats, a simple text field to explain something like "Enough for max block 75%" or enough DEX for
    Windforce
  • FHR BP to hit
  • FCR BP to hit
  • FBR BP to hit
  • Text field for other stats to look up for/to get for the build to work.
  • Text field for possible items/alts to swap for cheaper builds.
  • Mercenary Items (3 fields)
  • Inventory fields, can be a text field to list Torch/Anni/GCs/SCs.
  • Credits to the author(s)
Thanks for this, really handy to have as a guide when I get round to coding this.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...