Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
18 replies   5555 views

Description

I use a G502 Lightspeed mouse with 5 programable buttons. With the new quick cast funtion, my WW Barb become a true "AFK" Barb.

Typical WW build nothing special, dual Griefs and Enigma to provide mobility. I mapped
Teleport
, WW, Inventory and Town Portal to my mouse button. I only need to press 3 keys for buffs then it's all mouse until Diablo is dead.

This Barb can do a full cear of Chaos in little over 3 mins, on par with my hammerdin but he packs more MF and gold find and it's a much more relaxed game play.
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

I use a G502 Lightspeed mouse with 5 programable buttons. With the new quick cast funtion, my WW Barb become a true "AFK" Barb.

Typical WW build nothing special, dual Griefs and Enigma to provide mobility. I mapped
Teleport
, WW, Inventory and Town Portal to my mouse button. I only need to press 3 keys for buffs then it's all mouse until Diablo is dead.

This Barb can do a full cear of Chaos in little over 3 mins, on par with my hammerdin but he packs more MF and gold find and it's a much more relaxed game play.

Schnorki 3321Moderator

PC
Funny..ever since quickcast ruined bindings by removing mousewheel up/down for skills, I am forced to use my keyboard significantly more across the board. :(

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
Quick cast is a bless indeed. As a Logitech G700 owner i feel the same way. Got some extras like emergency self or merc heal.

The only issue IMO is to find out some compromise in binding skills the way you don't have to switch profiles between characters Sorc and Barb in my case.
Nightbreeze wrote: 2 years ago
The only issue IMO is to find out some compromise in binding skills the way you don't have to switch profiles between characters Sorc and Barb in my case.
I figured out a solution to this problem: make the hotkeys on the keyboard useless for all but one character, but map to the same arrangement on the mouse.

Left click, quick attack (
Ice Blast
/
Dragon Talon
); right click, mobility skill (
Teleport
/Dragon Wing); middle click, secondary effect (
Telekinesis
/
Blade Fury
). Six thumb buttons maps quite nicely: three attacks, three utility skills. Bottom-most and forward-most is the primary attack (Firewall,
Mind Blast
); behind it, secondary attack (Blizzard,
Death Sentry
), and above it, tertiary attack (
Static Field
Lightning Sentry
). Topmost and bottom-most are utility one (Frost Armor and Venom) and two (
Shiver Armor
and
Cloak of Shadows
), while Town Portal and Utility 3 (
Teleport
again, and
Shadow Master
) are the two rearmost. This setup worked great for my sorceress and okay for my assassin, but I had to map
Burst of Speed
Fade
, and Regular Attack to the F1-F3 keys on the keyboard for my Kicksin; as a result, those seven Sorc hotkeys were F5-F12, with F1-F4 going unused on Sorc. I skipped F4 in case I tried to use it while toggling item visibility - it's happened a few times -_-

And then, I got a mouse with a gimmick I never thought I'd use: swappable faceplates. The seven-button faceplate is dedicated to the Sorceress, using a modified version of the above: the rearmost button is now a hotkey to re-enable the scroll wheel when needed. And the kicksin... The kicksin gets a 12-thumb-button face plate, and uses all of it. I only need the keyboard for potions, now, and if I was confident enough in my mousewheel control, I could even get rid of that.
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
I guess that mice like these are useful again then?

[Razer Naga Chroma]
That's what I use, so... Yup. Sorceress faceplate equipped, with Assassin faceplate for show.

wale 39

Druid PC
We talking about picking mice? Highly recommend using this calculator https://www.rocketjumpninja.com/mouse-search

You don't realize you've been using a mouse that doesn't fit your hand until you get one that does! And you'll never wanna go back
wale wrote: 2 years ago
We talking about picking mice? Highly recommend using this calculator https://www.rocketjumpninja.com/mouse-search

You don't realize you've been using a mouse that doesn't fit your hand until you get one that does! And you'll never wanna go back
I'm disappointed this link doesn't appear to show any trackballs
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
I guess that mice like these are useful again then?

image.jpeg
Never. Sorry ;)

Beardozer 447Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Illdaren wrote: 2 years ago
That's what I use, so... Yup. Sorceress faceplate equipped, with Assassin faceplate for show.
Holy shit, what is that? I've seen the 12 thumb button mice before, I've had one tucked in a drawer forever. I thought it would be cool, but I'm too fucken stupid to map my thumb to 12 tiny ass buttons on the side of a mouse. But that circle of 7 buttons seems like something I could actually get used to.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood

twiz 25

Paladin Americas PC
Beardozer wrote: 2 years ago
Holy shit, what is that? I've seen the 12 thumb button mice before, I've had one tucked in a drawer forever. I thought it would be cool, but I'm too fucken stupid to map my thumb to 12 tiny ass buttons on the side of a mouse. But that circle of 7 buttons seems like something I could actually get used to.
Razer
Naga
Trinity: https://www.razer.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga-trinity
It has swappable 2-Button/7-Button/12-Button plates.

Looks cool, but most of my friends have had to replace their Razer mice after a few months.

wakE 12

Sorceress Europe PC
Turbocharged-Z wrote: 2 years ago

Teleport

I don't use this new toy quick cast function because I feel very comfortable with the old settings and binds and I'm used to them. When I was playing Diablo III my binds were imitating the D2 ones. With this new thingy my fingers gets tangled when using them so I don't really like it.

The keys that I'm using and most probably like many many others are: Z,X,C / F1-F12 + a small button on the side of my Logitech G502 for Force Move.

How do you put TP on a specific button anyway? I know you can only put scrolls in your
Belt
or the book in inv.

My BattleTag - wakE#21715
My Discord - wakE#1994
OP
wakE wrote: 2 years ago
How do you put TP on a specific button anyway? I know you can only put scrolls in your
Belt
or the book in inv.
In the option manual, under control, bind one of those mouse button as, say skill 5, then map skill 5 to town portal, then you have it.

The cool part of this new quick cast is that the 2 skills on the UI at the bottom will not change (aura and maybe some other do), so lets say I have WW manually set on the right click, and
Berserk
on one of my programmable button, then I just right click to WW, when I see a PI monster, use
Berserk
and WW is still on the right click, very convenient. Another good thing about quick cast is, left click skills that requires using shift to fire while standing still, is now a instant cast, that makes hammerdin playing much much easier.

wakE 12

Sorceress Europe PC
Belt
or the book in inv.
In the option manual, under control, bind one of those mouse button as, say skill 5, then map skill 5 to town portal, then you have it.

The cool part of this new quick cast is that the 2 skills on the UI at the bottom will not change (aura and maybe some other do), so lets say I have WW manually set on the right click, and
Berserk
on one of my programmable button, then I just right click to WW, when I see a PI monster, use
Berserk
and WW is still on the right click, very convenient. Another good thing about quick cast is, left click skills that requires using shift to fire while standing still, is now a instant cast, that makes hammerdin playing much much easier.
You are a life saviour! I never thought I could bind TP like that in years of playing.

Still don’t like the new quick cast thing though. :D

Thanks for that pal!

My BattleTag - wakE#21715
My Discord - wakE#1994
OP
Belt
or the book in inv.

Berserk
Berserk
You are a life saviour! I never thought I could bind TP like that in years of playing.

Still don’t like the new quick cast thing though. :D

Thanks for that pal!
Glad I can help :)

EnragedN3wb 197Moderator

PC
Once I tried one of those 12 side button mice back in my WoW days, I couldn't go back... I actually took it a step further with my current mouse: My keyboard is purely for movement/UI buttons in any game now. It's nice being able to use abilities without ever taking your fingers off wasd & compromising movement in a lot of games!
Don't submit to comfort!

I could not give up my Zowie EC2, can't even imagine using one of these MMO-mice.
twiz wrote: 2 years ago
Razer
Naga
Trinity: https://www.razer.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga-trinity
It has swappable 2-Button/7-Button/12-Button plates.

Looks cool, but most of my friends have had to replace their Razer mice after a few months.
I had the Razer
Naga
Chroma for a good 2+ years before this, and am a relatively active gamer. I started thinking I was dropping clicks playing D2R, and so I replaced it with the Razer
Naga
Pro (2, 6, and 12 button faceplates, wired/wireless - very nice). I had meant to order the Trinity for the circular 7 button arrangement, so the Pro wound up going to a friend. Turns out my laptop was just overheating, so I've got this perfectly serviceable
Naga
Chroma in a drawer, too.

So far, so good: I've ARPG'd the shit out of this mouse since I got it and it's going great. And, if it breaks within a year... well, maybe I'll go 16 buttons, then.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...