Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
31 replies   4494 views

How has site speed felt over the last 5 days?

Poll ended at 2 years ago

Lightning Fast (0%)
Fast (2%)
Average/Meh (4%)
A bit on the slow side (36%)
Slow only momentarily or at peak times (14%)
Slow overall (28%)
Very slow and locks occasionally (5%)
So slow that I time out and get 524/503 errors (11%)
Total votes: 881
Total votes: 881

Description

This topic is now outdated. Please read the patch notes for v1.0.
Hey guys, just want to survey what you guys have been experiencing for site speed over the last 4-5 days. You can choose 1 option. Poll will run for 7 days.

I tweaked a few things recently with some help from @Noemard and @Byte-Size and I'm interested in knowing if you guys also have noticed an modest increase in speed.

Please could you guys answer honestly and add any comments below after you vote.
Note that v1.0 is dropping next week - this will improve site speed significantly. I need to try and isolate the improvements that I know were working well before v1.0 drops, hence wanting some data now.
Cheers and can't wait to bring the next patch live!

Here's a few screenshots of some cool upcoming stuff that is already working on the dev environment:
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
This topic is now outdated. Please read the patch notes for v1.0.
Hey guys, just want to survey what you guys have been experiencing for site speed over the last 4-5 days. You can choose 1 option. Poll will run for 7 days.

I tweaked a few things recently with some help from @Noemard and @Byte-Size and I'm interested in knowing if you guys also have noticed an modest increase in speed.

Please could you guys answer honestly and add any comments below after you vote.
Note that v1.0 is dropping next week - this will improve site speed significantly. I need to try and isolate the improvements that I know were working well before v1.0 drops, hence wanting some data now.
Cheers and can't wait to bring the next patch live!

Here's a few screenshots of some cool upcoming stuff that is already working on the dev environment:

The stuff on the screenshots looks awesome …really exited for the update.
For the poll: The site feels way smoother at times but I guess when there is peek numbers of users it still suffers. I had way less error and completely failed loads of the website tho.
Site was always pretty slow for me, hope next patch will solve this.

Left aligned coming, nice! :-)
Very excited to see these new features. This community is coming along very nicely and once it is fully "feature-rich" and up to optimal speeds it will outclass any other on the web (already does IMO).

Outstanding UI and design, and all the hard work is appreciated. I greatly enjoy my time here browsing and trading

Add BigSmelly#11936 on Bnet for fastest response

See my listings here and feel free to make an offer -- I will usually consider Perfect Gems and I am ALWAYS looking for Magic Vampirebone GIoves
Hey! Still abit slow for me :)
The new patch ui looks amazing man! Good job!

mozes#2348
EU Server
Outright timeouts are less frequent - that's far more impactful than occasional slow loads.
Can you add option, where users can pick more then one platform they play?

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
You will be able to search for items based on platform, and you will also be able to post items for any given platform. It won't be locked to one type per account like it is currently.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood

y2kid 109

PC
H Y P E

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
I really like diablo.
Io
and i'm excited about the upcoming features (those screens are neat <3).

I feel like the the speed is usually fine, considering the amount of traffic the server has to handle. Only at peak times it can really suffer. Had some failed loading requests and the price check query seems to behave awkwardly as well.

"All this trouble over a tattered book."
The site used to take up to 60-90 seconds to load a page. Now it's generally down to about 5-15 seconds, which while still feels a bit slow, is still a massive improvement over what it was. Keep up the amazing work, and thank you for all you put into this site!

Fex 3

Barbarian Europe PC
I would really appreciate a site-wide support for "item shops". This would mean LESS posts as people could eg. have all of their <rings / amulets / charms> in one post.

I've done that manually but the issue is that I cannot give +trust to people due to "marking as sold" closing the whole post.

As a sidenote, mark as sold should have an optional user profile setting that would require a confirmation.

Or even better - allow re-opening a sold trade if you do it by accident. Not so much a problem with a single item but if you've a shop with 15 items.

Also character limitation per post is too small to have proper shops, I think.
Thank you for your work, the site has made my experience trading a whole world apart from what I was used to creating an ingame trade and hoping for someone to join. Keep up the great work!
The site is incredibly slow and will push people to using traderie instead. I prefer it here but the frequency of 503 errors or full minute load times even at non-peak hours is ridiculous.
OP

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
awood wrote: 2 years ago
The site is incredibly slow and will push people to using traderie instead. I prefer it here but the frequency of 503 errors or full minute load times even at non-peak hours is ridiculous.
I don't care if people go to other sites that copied me. I'm just focusing on what's good for d2io.

Read the common issues sticky in the main forum if you want to know more about what's being improved in v1.0 with regards to speed.

Peacku 186

Sorceress Europe PC
grats on trading that
Scourge
for a
Ber
;)

if you find any other charm with bonuses to sustenance of the nerd please hit me up!

(in all seriousness, looks awesome, thanks for the hard work and looking forward to breaking... erm using it!)
I have a mix of speed. I browser more the forums on US 'working hours' than in the evening.

So throughout the day the site is better than a month ago.

However occasionally I do get Time Outs, but less frequent than before

Oh!...an idea for the trade forums. Mark, highlight, make it move,...whatever regarding what platform the seller plays.
I would literally pay a subscription to have a place to post an active inventory so users can search and bid. Anything to reduce the amount of time spent on post management would be amazing.

Having said that, the new stuff looks great!
ui is very nice, site is slow
If the alert jewel would update via websocket/push when I had new comments, I'd refresh the page a lot less often. Simpler yet, if marking posts as read changed the [X] number in the page title, I wouldn't refresh the page after. Not sure if that's on the roadmap or not, but it would reduce server traffic.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...