Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   1647 views

Description

DISCLAIMER: Do not trash your amulet just because its FCR roll is lower than the ranges I provided. ANY amulet with phenomenal affix rolls has value, even if the FCR rolled lower than my table below.

It seems like everyone these days is crafting caster amulets, but there are lots of questions regarding value and rolls that are not 2/20. Just because an amulet rolled less than 2/20 doesn't mean it isn't GG. I wrote up a small guide to help figure out if the amulet's FCR roll falls within the needs of your most common builds. I am not providing valuations, since the other affix rolls will dictate those prices.

Values in Blue are the common minimum FCR rolls and Red values are the highest rolls the build can take advantage of. However, if your amulet rolled higher, it doesn't mean it's not good. Its the minimum roll needed to maximize gear efficiency. For example, if you rolled a 2/18 assassin that's perfect since an assassin only needs 17 FCR, so anything between 17-20 is great.

DO NOT TRASH +1 Skill amulet rolls. If the other affixes are insane, it can and will fetch a high price.

Valuable Affixes: Str, dex, life, mana, res

The TLDR:
Amulets above or equal to the values in Blue will be the easiest to sell. As with anything in D2, there is no hard and fast rule for anything. But if your amulet's FCR roll is lower than the Blue value AND has poor affix rolls, you will probably not be able to sell it.
  • Amazon: 9 FCR / 19+ FCR
  • Assassin: 7 FCR / 17+ FCR
  • Barbarian: 5 FCR / 15+ FCR
  • Druid: 5 FCR / 19+ FCR
  • Necromancer: 10 FCR / 20 FCR
  • Paladin: 10 FCR / 20 FCR
  • Sorceress: 5 FCR / 20 FCR
Necro is the class that needs a 20 FCR roll the most.

The long winded explanation:
I took the most common (definitely not all) builds where a 20FCR amulet can make a difference, and calculated out the standard FCR found in BiS gear...well regular BiS that casual players can hope to achieve. Not gear that costs 200
Jah
per item. I am also making the assumption that Spirit rolled 35 FCR.

Amazon:
Amazon's have a target FCR of 99. A Javazon running Griffons, Arachnid, and Spirit give 80 FCR. A player can use a 10 FCR ring and 9 FCR Amulet or just a 19 FCR amulet to reach the FCR target.

Assassin:
Target FCR breakpoint for a assassin is 102. A trapsin wearing Hoto, Spirit, and Arachnid we get 95FCR. An amulet with 7 FCR will reach the 102 target. This frees up FCR gloves for IAS gloves. Granted if a light trapsin is using Griffon's then the amulet is not necessary at all. Anything higher than 7 FCR is fine but not necessary as with even a 20FCR amulet it will not replace any BiS gear.
A Mosaic sin FCR target is still attainable with the right gear. Griffon's, Arachnid, 20 FCR Gloves, and 2x FCR Rings make 85. Rolling a 17 FCR Amulet will reach that 102 target.

Barbarian:
A singer barb has a target FCR of 105. Hoto, Arachnid,
Magefist
or Trang Gloves, and either a 2/20
Circlet
or 2x FCR rings if skipping Spirit, totals to 100. Leaving a 5 FCR amulet or 15 FCR to allowing swapping out one ring. However, replacing the 2/20 circulet and one FCR ring with Spirit totals 115. So even a 15 FCR amulet here is not going see high values due to multiple gear options.

Druid:
Elemental Druids have a 99 FCR target. A Wind Druid will use Hoto, Spirit, and Aracnid we get 95FCR. An amulet with the bare minimum of 5 FCR will reach the target.
Are Fire Druid also has a 99 target. With Hoto, Arachnid, and
Magefist
providing 80 FCR. So 9 FCR Amulet if paired with a 10 FCR ring, or 19 FCR without one.

Necromancer:
PnB Necro relies heavily on FCR with their target being 125. A Bone necro (assuming no 2/20 circulet) with White, Spirit, Trang Gloves, 2x 10FCR Rings, and Arachnid we get 125 FCR. So a 10 FCR Amulet will let you replace one ring, and a 20 FCR amulet will let you replace both.

Paladin:
Hammers has a 125 target. With Hoto, Spirit, Arachnid and either
Magefist
or Trang Gloves we get 115 FCR. Needing only a 10FCR amulet to reach the target.
Foh have a different set up. Hoto, Griffon's, Aracnid, and 20 FCR gloves gives 105. If you forgoe a 10 FCR ring a 20 FCR amulet is necessary.

Sorceress:
Nova
Sorc has a 105 FCR target. Griffon's, Arachnid,
Magefist
, and Viper gives 95. So 10 FCR amulet is needed or 20 FCR if using
Ormus
Fireball
Sorc also has a 105 FCR target. Eschuta's, Spirit,
Magefist
, Arachnid give 115 FCR so no FCR amulet is needed. If using Phoenix and
Ormus
instead of Spirit and CoH then base FCR would be 100, so only 5 FCR amulet is needed.
Frozen Orb
Sorc also needs to meet 105 FCR. Death's, Spirit, Arachnid, and 20 FCR Gloves give 95. Youll need 10 FCR to meet breakpoint.
Lightning/Chain-Lightning Sorc has a 117 FCR target. Eschuta's or Hoto, Griffon's, Spirit, and Arachnid give you 120 so no FCR amulet is needed.

If you've made it this far, you're dedicated enough to have checked my numbers and math. If I've made a mistake anywhere, please let me know so I can edit the post for accuracy.
Description by Knappogue

Can be used to make Runewords:

DISCLAIMER: Do not trash your amulet just because its FCR roll is lower than the ranges I provided. ANY amulet with phenomenal affix rolls has value, even if the FCR rolled lower than my table below.

It seems like everyone these days is crafting caster amulets, but there are lots of questions regarding value and rolls that are not 2/20. Just because an amulet rolled less than 2/20 doesn't mean it isn't GG. I wrote up a small guide to help figure out if the amulet's FCR roll falls within the needs of your most common builds. I am not providing valuations, since the other affix rolls will dictate those prices.

Values in Blue are the common minimum FCR rolls and Red values are the highest rolls the build can take advantage of. However, if your amulet rolled higher, it doesn't mean it's not good. Its the minimum roll needed to maximize gear efficiency. For example, if you rolled a 2/18 assassin that's perfect since an assassin only needs 17 FCR, so anything between 17-20 is great.

DO NOT TRASH +1 Skill amulet rolls. If the other affixes are insane, it can and will fetch a high price.

Valuable Affixes: Str, dex, life, mana, res

The TLDR:
Amulets above or equal to the values in Blue will be the easiest to sell. As with anything in D2, there is no hard and fast rule for anything. But if your amulet's FCR roll is lower than the Blue value AND has poor affix rolls, you will probably not be able to sell it.
  • Amazon: 9 FCR / 19+ FCR
  • Assassin: 7 FCR / 17+ FCR
  • Barbarian: 5 FCR / 15+ FCR
  • Druid: 5 FCR / 19+ FCR
  • Necromancer: 10 FCR / 20 FCR
  • Paladin: 10 FCR / 20 FCR
  • Sorceress: 5 FCR / 20 FCR
Necro is the class that needs a 20 FCR roll the most.

The long winded explanation:
I took the most common (definitely not all) builds where a 20FCR amulet can make a difference, and calculated out the standard FCR found in BiS gear...well regular BiS that casual players can hope to achieve. Not gear that costs 200
Jah
per item. I am also making the assumption that Spirit rolled 35 FCR.

Amazon:
Amazon's have a target FCR of 99. A Javazon running Griffons, Arachnid, and Spirit give 80 FCR. A player can use a 10 FCR ring and 9 FCR Amulet or just a 19 FCR amulet to reach the FCR target.

Assassin:
Target FCR breakpoint for a assassin is 102. A trapsin wearing Hoto, Spirit, and Arachnid we get 95FCR. An amulet with 7 FCR will reach the 102 target. This frees up FCR gloves for IAS gloves. Granted if a light trapsin is using Griffon's then the amulet is not necessary at all. Anything higher than 7 FCR is fine but not necessary as with even a 20FCR amulet it will not replace any BiS gear.
A Mosaic sin FCR target is still attainable with the right gear. Griffon's, Arachnid, 20 FCR Gloves, and 2x FCR Rings make 85. Rolling a 17 FCR Amulet will reach that 102 target.

Barbarian:
A singer barb has a target FCR of 105. Hoto, Arachnid,
Magefist
or Trang Gloves, and either a 2/20
Circlet
or 2x FCR rings if skipping Spirit, totals to 100. Leaving a 5 FCR amulet or 15 FCR to allowing swapping out one ring. However, replacing the 2/20 circulet and one FCR ring with Spirit totals 115. So even a 15 FCR amulet here is not going see high values due to multiple gear options.

Druid:
Elemental Druids have a 99 FCR target. A Wind Druid will use Hoto, Spirit, and Aracnid we get 95FCR. An amulet with the bare minimum of 5 FCR will reach the target.
Are Fire Druid also has a 99 target. With Hoto, Arachnid, and
Magefist
providing 80 FCR. So 9 FCR Amulet if paired with a 10 FCR ring, or 19 FCR without one.

Necromancer:
PnB Necro relies heavily on FCR with their target being 125. A Bone necro (assuming no 2/20 circulet) with White, Spirit, Trang Gloves, 2x 10FCR Rings, and Arachnid we get 125 FCR. So a 10 FCR Amulet will let you replace one ring, and a 20 FCR amulet will let you replace both.

Paladin:
Hammers has a 125 target. With Hoto, Spirit, Arachnid and either
Magefist
or Trang Gloves we get 115 FCR. Needing only a 10FCR amulet to reach the target.
Foh have a different set up. Hoto, Griffon's, Aracnid, and 20 FCR gloves gives 105. If you forgoe a 10 FCR ring a 20 FCR amulet is necessary.

Sorceress:
Nova
Sorc has a 105 FCR target. Griffon's, Arachnid,
Magefist
, and Viper gives 95. So 10 FCR amulet is needed or 20 FCR if using
Ormus
Fireball
Sorc also has a 105 FCR target. Eschuta's, Spirit,
Magefist
, Arachnid give 115 FCR so no FCR amulet is needed. If using Phoenix and
Ormus
instead of Spirit and CoH then base FCR would be 100, so only 5 FCR amulet is needed.
Frozen Orb
Sorc also needs to meet 105 FCR. Death's, Spirit, Arachnid, and 20 FCR Gloves give 95. Youll need 10 FCR to meet breakpoint.
Lightning/Chain-Lightning Sorc has a 117 FCR target. Eschuta's or Hoto, Griffon's, Spirit, and Arachnid give you 120 so no FCR amulet is needed.

If you've made it this far, you're dedicated enough to have checked my numbers and math. If I've made a mistake anywhere, please let me know so I can edit the post for accuracy.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.

Bisu 369

PC
Wooo this is a nice summary. Thanks for writing it up! <3

I got a couple of minor points.

1)
For Asn, 17-20 FCR are still sought after. They are beneficial for builds such as Mosaic sin. Some may choose to settle for 65FCR, in this case head 25 + gloves (or
Belt
) 20 + amulet 20. Some prefer
Teleport
speed and wants 102FCR, in this case head 25 + gloves 20 +
Belt
20 + ring 10x2 + amulet 17.

2)
For
Fireball
sorc, some would prefer using Phoenix coupled with vipermagi, in this case 15FCR amulet is desired.
OP
Bisu wrote: 2 months ago
1)
For Asn, 17-20 FCR are still sought after. They are beneficial for builds such as Mosaic sin. Some may choose to settle for 65FCR, in this case head 25 + gloves (or
Belt
) 20 + amulet 20. Some prefer
Teleport
speed and wants 102FCR, in this case head 25 + gloves 20 +
Belt
20 + ring 10x2 + amulet 17.

2)
For
Fireball
sorc, some would prefer using Phoenix coupled with vipermagi, in this case 15FCR amulet is desired.
Thanks Bisu! I dont play ladder so evaluating a Mosaic didn't even cross my mind! I've got a feeling there will be a few modifications, so ill consolidate them and update for a v2.0.

For
Fireball
Sorc, wouldnt Phoenix, viper, arachnid,
Magefist
, and eschuta's total up to 110FCR and surpass the 105 breakpoint?

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
Thanks for this nice quick guide @Knappogue.

Regarding Amazon, the 99fcr breakpoint could be interesting for Java for faster
Teleport
With
Griffon's Eye
, Spirit,
Arachnid Mesh
and one 10%fcr ring you only need 9%fcr more to reach that breakpoint.
And with a 19% fcr amulet, you can switch that 10%fcr ring for a soj maybe.

I'm running my Java with that gear atm, thats why i personally would see it like that for amazon:
9 FCR / 19 FCR

Bisu 369

PC
Knappogue wrote: 2 months ago

For
Fireball
Sorc, wouldnt Phoenix, viper, arachnid,
Magefist
, and eschuta's total up to 110FCR and surpass the 105 breakpoint?
Ahhh sorry I forgot to mention one small detail. =)

One joy of playing
Fireball
Sorc is to blow up packs and packs of souls right in their face at one's leisure. LOL

Because of that, some player (like myself) would opt to
Sacrifice
one skill level and use
Thundergod's Vigor
instead of arachnid. With plenty of LR stacked, you can even ignore
Lower Resist
curse, and calmly tele into a throne room full of souls, gloriously bathe in the web of their lightning shots, and gently send out a few fireballs to blow all of them into ashes. XD

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Thanks for the guide, it's a nice one !

For necro, I'll add that it may be THE class that needs the most a 2/20, as it opens up a lot of options :
- Wearing SoJ for more skills ;
- Wearing
Homunculus
for max block instead of Spirit (Spirit stays on swap for CtA, but less needs for STR as it can be an
Eth
one - that's my own build) ;
- And you can imagine many more options, with HotO, with a specific head...
- And it's definitely BiS, nothing else can be better.

For Amazons, some in PvP or PvE use Enigma so FCR can be sometimes useful, even if less critical and can be an issue to replace Highlord or Cat's Eye for IAS.

Thanks a lot !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
Thank you for the feedback and kind words. @Bisu, @Arachnid, and @Necrarch, I have updated the QRG with your inputs. Keep the advice coming!

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
[..] I took the most common (definitely not all) builds [..]
That's a rather important point.

There's plenty of FoHdin variations looking for 1 or 6 more FCR.
JMoD javas easily end up 3 short.
Dmg focused trapsins often end up 5 short.
Even Bone necros have multiple variations that end up 5 short.

The "useful minimum" is in fact the actual minimum roll (i.e. 5) for every single class.
There's a very distinct risk of someone reading through that post, making the mistake of trusting it blindly and subsequently trashing a godly zon amulet because it comes with 8 FCR instead of 9 or something like that.

The upper limit equally is far from all-encompassing though for that one, it at least doesn't make a difference since there's no such thing as "too much FCR, must trash item".

The lower bound though...that's 5 across the board. Period.
Naturally, other stats still matter but no caster neck should be trashed solely because it rolled 5 FCR, regardless of the class it ends up being tailored towards. 5 is perfectly sufficient to optimize plenty of build variations across all classes.

TL;DR:
DO NOT TRASH YOUR NECKS JUST BECAUSE THEY ROLLED A MIN 5 FCR, REGARDLESS OF CLASS!
OP
Schnorki wrote: 2 months ago
[..] I took the most common (definitely not all) builds [..]
That's a rather important point.

There's plenty of FoHdin variations looking for 1 or 6 more FCR.
JMoD javas easily end up 3 short.
Dmg focused trapsins often end up 5 short.
Even Bone necros have multiple variations that end up 5 short.

The "useful minimum" is in fact the actual minimum roll (i.e. 5) for every single class.
There's a very distinct risk of someone reading through that post, making the mistake of trusting it blindly and subsequently trashing a godly zon amulet because it comes with 8 FCR instead of 9 or something like that.

The upper limit equally is far from all-encompassing though for that one, it at least doesn't make a difference since there's no such thing as "too much FCR, must trash item".

The lower bound though...that's 5 across the board. Period.
Naturally, other stats still matter but no caster neck should be trashed solely because it rolled 5 FCR, regardless of the class it ends up being tailored towards. 5 is perfectly sufficient to optimize plenty of build variations across all classes.

TL;DR:
DO NOT TRASH YOUR NECKS JUST BECAUSE THEY ROLLED A MIN 5 FCR, REGARDLESS OF CLASS!
Thank you, and very valid point. I've put a big warning at the top and clarified much of the introduction.

15 fcr for pioson
Nova
necro - 75 total
Well done!

I literally made a spreadsheet the other day with different gear set-ups to compare FCR, +skills and -en resistances. I wanted to see if there was any way to get 200 FCR or Obsession to be worth it… not really, as it turns out

xigua 63

2/20 for assa - Mosaic and trapsin - that aim at 65

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...