Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   639 views

Description

I haven't played since before sunder charms and it seems some things have changed maybe. I used to MF on my Blizz Sorc until I got a Hammerdin and then pretty much dropped the sorc, However with sunders it seems the sorc can go anywhere and is seemingly faster than my Hdin...However my sorc has 5 cold skillers and the Hdin has no PComb's. My question is should I get some Pcombs and run Hdin or with the inclusion of sunders is the blizz sorc just as good?

Also, My sorc has 500+mf which is honestly overkill. I'm running the generic setup 3 piece
Tal
's/occy/
Shako
/Spirit/travs/2xFCR rings/Chancies, However I thought about getting a Dfathom and/or Nightwings and speeding up my runs a bit. Is this a good idea and how much minimum MF should I keep? Looking to optimize, I find some good stuff...sometimes but not often and the big finds have always eluded me (griffons/dfathom/
Ravenlore
/etc) and I am starting to build a lot of new characters now so I'd like to increase my find rate if possible, any suggestions?

As a side note I have several "fully" built chars but may have low rolled items on them. Tesladin, Poison Necro, Hork (Trav) barb, Javazon. Looking to build Lightning or
Nova
sorc, not sure which is better but both look really fun (probably going
Nova
), Also really want a
Fissure
druid and Mosaic Sin looks fun but I'm on Non-Ladder so the
Claws
are hard to get at the moment.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I haven't played since before sunder charms and it seems some things have changed maybe. I used to MF on my Blizz Sorc until I got a Hammerdin and then pretty much dropped the sorc, However with sunders it seems the sorc can go anywhere and is seemingly faster than my Hdin...However my sorc has 5 cold skillers and the Hdin has no PComb's. My question is should I get some Pcombs and run Hdin or with the inclusion of sunders is the blizz sorc just as good?

Also, My sorc has 500+mf which is honestly overkill. I'm running the generic setup 3 piece
Tal
's/occy/
Shako
/Spirit/travs/2xFCR rings/Chancies, However I thought about getting a Dfathom and/or Nightwings and speeding up my runs a bit. Is this a good idea and how much minimum MF should I keep? Looking to optimize, I find some good stuff...sometimes but not often and the big finds have always eluded me (griffons/dfathom/
Ravenlore
/etc) and I am starting to build a lot of new characters now so I'd like to increase my find rate if possible, any suggestions?

As a side note I have several "fully" built chars but may have low rolled items on them. Tesladin, Poison Necro, Hork (Trav) barb, Javazon. Looking to build Lightning or
Nova
sorc, not sure which is better but both look really fun (probably going
Nova
), Also really want a
Fissure
druid and Mosaic Sin looks fun but I'm on Non-Ladder so the
Claws
are hard to get at the moment.

"Having Shadowheart around is better than luck. More reliable."
~Necrarch
I can't speak for Hammerdin as I disliked playing it to the point that I never tried gearing completely for it.

However, my weird Hydrorb (
Hydra
plus
Frozen Orb
instead of Blizzard plus
Frozen Orb
basically) is an extremely effective finder hovering around 450. Even dropping
Hydra
completely, my
Frozen Orb
is still very effective with the sunder so you should be pretty amazing up to seven players while still farming anywhere you like. I also find it pretty fun to still play after three months of almost exclusive play.

[Edit]
Oh, I rock a
Harlequin Crest
and
The Oculus
both with
Ist
when finding stuff. I do have a really bad Death Fathom and a
Nightwing's Veil
, but I rarely do above three players making them overkill.
[/Edit]
you can easily drop to 300-350% mf if you get just a little more effective in killing.

Im playing
Nova
sorc with griffon Infinity sojs 105% cast sunder charm 145% mf and i love it.
OP
phantomotap wrote: 8 months ago
I can't speak for Hammerdin as I disliked playing it to the point that I never tried gearing completely for it.

However, my weird Hydrorb (
Hydra
plus
Frozen Orb
instead of Blizzard plus
Frozen Orb
basically) is an extremely effective finder hovering around 450. Even dropping
Hydra
completely, my
Frozen Orb
is still very effective with the sunder so you should be pretty amazing up to seven players while still farming anywhere you like. I also find it pretty fun to still play after three months of almost exclusive play.

[Edit]
Oh, I rock a
Harlequin Crest
and
The Oculus
both with
Ist
when finding stuff. I do have a really bad Death Fathom and a
Nightwing's Veil
, but I rarely do above three players making them overkill.
[/Edit]
I only do solo games for some reason. I should probably find games to mf in but it's hard to find games that aren't full games to mf in. Which is honestly probably why I have a "hard" time finding things sometimes.

"Having Shadowheart around is better than luck. More reliable."
~Necrarch

mhlg 900

Americas PC
I've always considered clear speed to be more important than magic find. That's not to say that I don't carry some magic find (currently at 143%) but for me high rune drops are more important than finding unique items of which only a small few are actually worth the effort. The more times you can clear an area the more likely you are to get high rune drops and some unique items as well. Loading up on magic find often comes at a cost to clear speed while at the same time resulting in diminishing returns. Most of the unique items that were once highly valued in D2 such as
Harlequin Crest
and even
Windforce
bows are now common place. A
Windforce
can be purchased for an
Ohm
or less and a
Harlequin Crest
can be gotten for free.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

ShadowHeart 1939Moderator

Europe PC
mhlg wrote: 8 months ago
...for me high rune drops are more important than finding unique items of which only a small few are actually worth the effort
While I agree, and have the same line of thinking generally, I do curse every time I see a blue/yellow
Diadem
(though, those can be valuable/usable still),
Unearthed Wand
Dimensional Shard
and a few other ones :P Particularly early in a ladder, when values are still high and you haven't built up much Wealth yet.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...