Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   691 views

Description

Hey all!

I don't know if that's your thing, but this wednesday some friends and I are going to try out first Diablo-2 RPG adaptation, using GURPS.

Did anyone try a Diablo table-top RPG? I know that there are adaptations for AD&D and D&D 3rd edition, but i really enjoy making my own. And i really enjoy GURPS, so thats a win-win haha!

The game is going to happen via Tabletop Simulator. I can't give any spoilers yet, but it is just a single one-shot game, so the plot is far from fancy.

The group is composed by two assassins, a druid, a paladin and a necromancer. No torches or annis btw.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey all!

I don't know if that's your thing, but this wednesday some friends and I are going to try out first Diablo-2 RPG adaptation, using GURPS.

Did anyone try a Diablo table-top RPG? I know that there are adaptations for AD&D and D&D 3rd edition, but i really enjoy making my own. And i really enjoy GURPS, so thats a win-win haha!

The game is going to happen via Tabletop Simulator. I can't give any spoilers yet, but it is just a single one-shot game, so the plot is far from fancy.

The group is composed by two assassins, a druid, a paladin and a necromancer. No torches or annis btw.
I played the 3rd edition D&D version a bit back when it was first released.

Was fun but flawed.

Have fun!
OP
Yeah, i felt the same way about the AD&D adaptation. But i was 12, 13 years old, so it was good enough lol

Teebling 5934Admin

Europe PC
Cool idea.

I made some avatars with Midjourney for your five players, if you want to use them in your game feel free:
Paladin
Paladin
Assassin 1
Assassin 1
Assassin 2
Assassin 2
Necromancer
Necromancer
Druid
Druid
Have fun!

OP
Teebling, those are fantastic!

I love those generative AIs, but i guess i'm not that expert on prompts, because my images are always mehh.

Thanks a lot! I'm definetly sharing those with the group!
OP
The players went nuts over the images, Teebling! Just shared with everyone.

Do you have to pay to use Midjourney? I installed Stable Diffusion on my personal computer using Anaconda/Python but i feel that it really lags behind Dall-e and Midjourney.
So, I have no idea what dnd version it was in, but the Diablo 2 Collector's Edition came with a DnD book. I don't know how extent was, it it could be a cool tool to add to your own work!
OP
Benish wrote: 9 months ago
So, I have no idea what dnd version it was in, but the Diablo 2 Collector's Edition came with a DnD book. I don't know how extent was, it it could be a cool tool to add to your own work!
That was the AD&D version, the one i played myself.

Man, I wish i had that collector's edition box :(

Teebling 5934Admin

Europe PC
luizgeo wrote: 9 months ago
Do you have to pay to use Midjourney? I installed Stable Diffusion on my personal computer using Anaconda/Python but i feel that it really lags behind Dall-e and Midjourney.
IMHO Dall-E has always sucked. StableDiffusion is good if you have a turbo graphics card available, good models downloaded from HuggingFace, and good 'prompt engineering' to go with it; it also does cool things like inpainting that MJ struggles with.

Overall though, MJ just produces the coolest images with the least effort. I pay a monthly sub for it, yes. It's all done through chat commands in Discord, p neat.

Glad your friends liked the pics :)

OP
Teebling wrote: 9 months ago
luizgeo wrote: 9 months ago
IMHO Dall-E has always sucked. StableDiffusion is good if you have a turbo graphics card available, good models downloaded from HuggingFace, and good 'prompt engineering' to go with it; it also does cool things like inpainting that MJ struggles with.

Overall though, MJ just produces the coolest images with the least effort. I pay a monthly sub for it, yes. It's all done through chat commands in Discord, p neat.

Glad your friends liked the pics :)
Yeah probably my model is way outdated, i installed it probably a year ago.

The MJ monthly rates are not that expensive. I mean, 30 bucks for the basic one. I tough that it was way more expensive.
OP
Cow King is looking a little different :)

The oneshot was a Cow Level on Act 1.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...