Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   1475 views

Description

Does
Chilling Armor
Pop bodies? I forget and the one answer I found on google is on reddit and it's down atm T.T...

Can be used to make Runewords:

Does
Chilling Armor
Pop bodies? I forget and the one answer I found on google is on reddit and it's down atm T.T...
If by pop you mean shatter them, yes it does. Not recommended for hork barbs.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
OP
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
ago
Perfect thanks for the response, yeah I waited to make Fortitude in a non
Eth
for this answer lol, I’ll make it for my merc then for non horking chars :) any suggestions for horking barb body armor other than Enigma? Not quite at Enigma yet, and I’m exclusively farming trav atm.

Necrarch 1608Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
For not too expensive, what about Prudence ? An
Eth
Duriel's Shell
can work too.

More expensive, Chains of Honor.

Even for Fortitude, does
Chilling Armor
has time to proc for Trav runs ?
I'll let barb users answer that.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3189Moderator

PC
Keep in mind that
Chilling Armor
, like any cold dmg/chill, actually has to apply to have a chance to pop corpses.

If you're looking at trav specifically - much as Nec suggested above - at least in my experience, it causes little to no corpses being popped IF you adjust your play a bit with it.

There's two reasons it isn't as bad as say reaper's on a merc or whatever other source of cold/chill/freeze you may have:
1) It isn't on by default. By the time
Chilling Armor
even gets procced (if at all), half of trav is likely already dead. While not procced, it obviously also has no chance to pop any corpses.

2) It applies to ranged only. So even once it is procced, you need to get hit by a ranged attack in order to fire a bolt. Council members themselves don't necessarily do that and/or die before they attack you anyways which would then also prevent corpse popping.

What you do need to adjust with it though is that once it procs, you let your merc stand between you and any hydras if there's any council members in between as well. Hydras very quickly cause your
Chilling Armor
to send out a ton of
Bolts
which can easily spread to hit multiple remaining council members, giving them all a risk to pop. So that needs to be avoided.

Either way, fort for trav is a bit overkill. You don't really need the damage imo so I'd always prefer Enigma for it. Or if you do want the damage, with no risk of popping added, Chains of Honor it is as a middle Ground since they are all demons.
I used Skullder's on my hork barb until I could finally afford Enigma, worked just fine! If ladder then Hustle might be good, just for the extra frw.

Although Fortitude does not cause a lot of shattered corpses on trav runs, it definitely causes some and simply isn't necessary; hence better to use something else!

Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
let your merc stand between you and any hydras
how did you equip your merc to survive trav runs? Mine is lucky if he makes it through 2 runs before biting the dust

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.
Missfortune wrote: 1 year ago
any suggestions for horking barb body armor other than Enigma?
Since horker is an MF (and GF) build, maybe Wealth, as an alternative to
Skullder's Ire
?
SuperIllu wrote: 1 year ago
how did you equip your merc to survive trav runs? Mine is lucky if he makes it through 2 runs before biting the dust
Guardian Angel
and Kira's is the traditional setup I think. Flickering Flame works a treat though, the
Resist Fire
aura negates the hydras.

Check out
Steel Shade
if you can find one with high fire absorb and replenish life rolls.

Nobody ever recommends it, but I've been using it for almost a year now for my Trav barb's merc and if you can find a perfect roll, it makes an insanely noticeable difference.

Pair it with Chains of Honor and Insight / Ariocs Needle and he can tank and kill them no problem in most cases.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

Schnorki 3189Moderator

PC
SuperIllu wrote: 1 year ago
All of them widely suggested setups of "flickering and guardian and absorb this and absorb that" tend to have one thing in common..they focus on just that, at the expense of everything else. And sure, it reduces
Hydra
damage. But it also (drastically) reduces your merc's damage output. That in turn means less leech which then again means less survivability.

If instead you roll with something like
Crown of Thieves
+ Chains of Honor, you get plenty of damage, a crapton of leech (both in % leech and due to the significantly higher dmg), some phys dmg reduction thrown in and enough res to stay fire-capped (at 75 which is more than enough) even when one of them spawns with
Conviction
. Plus you avoid all cold damage while boosting mf + gf on your merc kills at the same time. So basically, win win and win.

Add a solid weapon, depending on what your overall build needs (Insight if you want to tele more than just trav without going oom, Infinity if you have AR issues, botd or the like if you just want raw dmg added, ...) and he's good to go.
My horker trav barb works pretty well. The merc or him rarely ever in danger, however i do occasionally pop a potions/mana potions or 2,m. I play trav gf casually, but i do kill them and repeat the process every few minutes because i pick up and id most rares on the Ground.

Setup:
On the barb
-wiz spike, n hoto, dual baba on switch
- Wealth armor
-ik
Helm
w/ 2x
Lem

- some crappy rare eg
Boots

-dual dwarf stars, rare eg ammy

On merc
- act5
- dual Grief, u can use ebotd/Grief if u like
-arreats
Helm

-
Eth
gbane
==this setup, total about 2k eg when swapped to ali babas, inventories has some warcry gc’s, some resist scs, some eg scs

How i play this setup:
- bo to buff at wp
-walks in that council rooom, go down to durance, rebuff again and to realign merc
-walks up, be center of attentio and swap to dual ali baba , and warcry to
Stun
them, and repeat warcry every few seconds, while merc kills them.

This process takes 2-3 mins max assuming thr councils arent all spread apart and there is no phys immune council shows up(i usually just skip this)

I dont worry about hydras, they arent the issur with the dmg i sustain, mostly from councils who drain my mana and dmg they do sometimes

Overall, this setup is very safe and havent die once yet

Fyi, this is for p1 only. As i usually do trav run in private rooms

Anyhow good luck on ur trav gf barb, very layback and boring but good if u watch movies/youtubes

Can trade on PC or SWITCH
I use an Ethereal Fortitude on my merc while i'm gold farming
Travincal
and i didn't ever notice any corpse shattering. Its a really really low frequency event. IMO it does not makes any difference at all.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...